Mens Tennis Forums banner

Roger would have had a 15-0 record against Pete

454 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Coleburg83 
#1 ·
If Pete didn't retire, Roger would have destroyed him over and over and over. Look at Andre now, he has lost the last 4 and will never beat Federer again. He beat him ages ago when Federer was still not "himself". And Andre right now is playing some of his best tennis (The current Andre would destroy the young Andre), yet he can't beat the king anymore.

Pete is lucky that he retired, otherwise he would have been embarrassed. Imagine Pete always losing time after time to the same superior opponent. Imagine Pete being someone else's bitch on a tennis court. Pete is smart, he retired in time, but Roger would have trashed him over and over again. Heck even at Wimbledon Pete couldn't beat Roger, so I doubt he would beat him anywhere else. Roger would have had at least a 15-0 record over Pete.

#5 ·
Just as Roger will be smart to retire when his time at the top is over, and another great player will try and fill his space, many years from now

so whats your point?

Reactions: MisterQ
#9 ·
Skyward said:
I'm a fan of RF and I must ask you this - why are you trying to spoil such a great day? Go to the RF forum and you'll see that everyone there has a great respect for Pete.
He/she is obviously sad and lonely, that's why he/she comes here just to talk bollocks again, again, and again. What's the matter Love? Not getting any?

#10 ·
Come on, this isn't boxing. Tennis players lose all the time.

I mean Federer's last loss was against a Czech player outside the top 100 and Sampras lost to George Bastl of all people at his last Wimbledon.

It's impossible to build up one player by disrespecting past champions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.