Playing college tennis at age 23? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
country flag ducks2005

ducks2005 is on a distinguished road
Default Playing college tennis at age 23?

Ok so i picked tennis up about 2 1/2 years ago and fell in love. In highschool i played golf and soccer varsity. My dad had me golfing as soon as i could walk and i played soccer very early as well. I havent had a job, just going to school and playing tennis almost everyday. Im seriously in love with the game and wish i would have played it all my life. I've never felt this way about any other sport, school, games, cars, girls, or whatever else. I've become quite good atleast 5.0. I beat by girl friend consistantly now. She was offered a full ride to play tennis at serveral colleges and junior colleges. I beat my good male friend consistantly who plays for my Alumi colleges club team and was second place at his State tournament in highschool. All parts of my game are strong. only weakness i may have is unwillingness to come to the net i like to play aggressive from the baseline.

I completed my bachelors degree in psychology, have been looking for jobs while practising tennis full time. i havent been able to find a job and i now that i found out that im eligible to go back to play 4 years of college tennis im looking for excuses just to do so.

Would like to hear any opinions on what i should do? Should i just walk on to a Junior college team and try out? if i get on i could always do preques for nursing or something. is it a waste of time to even do this? should i just move on play for fun now its too late?
ducks2005 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Playing college tennis at age 23?

If you're good enough I don't see why a coach wouldn't be interested in at least discussing it with you. From a competitive standpoint I don't think it would be an issue. In my personal opinion, though, I wouldn't return to college unless I had a solid educational reason to do so. Are you only interested in going back so you can play? That would be silly since there are lots of avenues where you can play competitive tennis outside of college. If you were planning on returning to college anyways to get another degree or something like that then go for it. Btw, you don't need to get another bachelor's degree to play on the team. Grad students can also play in the NCAA (it's only rare because most athletes at that level have already maxed out their 4 years of eligibility by the time they leave undergrad). So don't rule out a master's degree if that path interests you.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
country flag ADRIANALIMAFAN

ADRIANALIMAFAN is on a distinguished road

hahaha dude. Im basically the same as you. Im 17 and i fell in love with the sport . Im an intermediate player and i am working hard to play tennis in college.
ADRIANALIMAFAN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond reputeshoparound has a reputation beyond repute

Ducks2005 as in Oregon Ducks??
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote