World Group 2010 play-offs: United States at Colombia (September 17-19, 2010) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Group 2010 play-offs: United States at Colombia (September 17-19, 2010)

http://www.daviscup.com/ties/tie.asp?tie=100014746
World Group Play-offs
Plaza de Toros La Santamaria , Bogota
Stadium Capacity: 8,000
17 September-19 September 2010
Day 1: 1000 hrs (1500 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1100 hrs (1600 hrrs GMT)
Day 3: 1000 hrs (1500 hrs GMT)
Surface: Clay (Red Clay)-Outdoors
Ball Type: Tretorn

Ticket information:
Price per day: 1st category (preferencia)-73,000 COP (36.50 USD); 2nd category (general)-36,000 COP (18 USD)
Three day tickets: 1st category (preferenia)-190,000 COP (95 USD); 2nd category (general)-93,000 (46.50 USD)
Palcos-balcony seats-blocks of 10 seats-3-day ticket: 1,500.000 COP (750 USD)

Colombia is level with the United States 1-1

Last meeting:
1979 N&C America Second Round
USA defeated Colombia 5-0 in USA
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group 2010 play-offs: United States at Colombia (September 17-19, 2010)

The team will be fish, isner, and querrey (and ??). bryans are not going.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Group 2010 play-offs: United States at Colombia (September 17-19, 2010)

Harrison is the 4th I read on General Messages.

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

This will be P-Mac's last tie as captain:

Quote:
Patrick McEnroe to leave Davis post
Updated: September 6, 2010, 12:37 PM ET

Patrick McEnroe says he is resigning his position as captain of the U.S. Davis Cup team to concentrate on his family, player development and his work as an ESPN tennis analyst.

McEnroe said Monday he will leave after the Americans' playoff against Colombia this month.

"Obviously it's mixed emotions for me because of what Davis Cup has meant to me for 10 years, to the players that have supported it," McEnroe said at a news conference at the U.S. Open. "But I feel now is a good time for a transition, and I can focus on my professional energies, player development, and obviously will still be very involved with the team and who plays on the team and supporting the guys that are part of the team."

The U.S. team will face Colombia in the Davis Cup world group playoffs, starting Sept. 17 in Bogota. The U.S. lost to Serbia in the first round of the the Davis Cup world group in March and must win in the playoffs to secure a spot in the top tier of the competition.

McEnroe, the brother of John McEnroe, is the United States Tennis Association's general manager of player development, a position he has held since 2008. He has been captain of the Davis Cup team since 2001, reaching the semifinals five times and winning the championship in 2007.

It was the Americans' 32nd Davis Cup title and first since 1995, ending the longest drought in U.S. Davis Cup history. His record is 16-9, second only to Tom Gorman's 18 wins.

He also coached the U.S. Olympic team at the Athens Games in 2004.

Four-time major champion Jim Courier, a commentator for CBS, said during the network's coverage Monday that he'd be interested in the job.

Under McEnroe, the lineup of Andy Roddick, James Blake and Bob and Mike Bryan played in 10 consecutive Davis Cup events.

"Patrick changed the culture of Davis Cup in the United States, creating a true team environment and a sense of camaraderie that the U.S. has never before seen," Jim Curley, the USTA's chief professional tournaments officer, said in a statement. "He has been a champion of the competition in every sense of the word, and elevated the stature of the event in this country."

McEnroe said Mardy Fish, Sam Querrey, John Isner and Ryan Harrison will play for the U.S. in Colombia.

As a player, Patrick McEnroe won one singles and 16 doubles titles, including the 1989 French Open doubles title, during his 11-year pro career. His highest singles ranking was No. 28 in 1995 and No. 3 in 1993.

He is also president of USTA Serves, the USTA's charitable and philanthropic organization.

The resignation comes as John McEnroe gets ready to launch a tennis academy on Randall's Island in New York. Both brothers are committed to developing a new generation of American players, but have different ideas on how to achieve that goal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=5538972
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

The ITF has announced the team nominations for the 2010 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Semifinals, World Group Play-offs and eight zonal ties to be played on 17-19 September.

COLOMBIA v USA
Venue: Plaza de Toros La Santamaria, Bogota, Colombia (clay–outdoors)

Colombia
Santiago Giraldo
Alejandro Falla
Carlos Salamanca
Juan Sebastian Cabal
Captain: Felipe Beron

USA
John Isner
Mardy Fish
Sam Querrey
Ryan Harrison
Captain: Patrick McEnroe
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
country flag Labamba

Labamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond reputeLabamba has a reputation beyond repute

Friday
Alejandro Falla (COL) v Mardy Fish (USA)
Santiago Giraldo (COL) v Sam Querrey (USA)

Saturday
Robert Farah/Carlos Salamanca (COL) v Ryan Harrison/John Isner (USA)

Sunday
Santiago Giraldo (COL) v Mardy Fish (USA)
Alejandro Falla (COL) v Sam Querrey (USA)
Labamba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be very interesting. And good to see Robert playing in this tie after all.

edit: Holy crap, I completely scanned over the fact that Ryan is playing doubles
Old 09-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
This will be very interesting. And good to see Robert playing in this tie after all.

edit: Holy crap, I completely scanned over the fact that Ryan is playing doubles
It isn´t sure that Harrison will play doubles.
The same with the Czechs all the time. In every tie Stepanek and Berdych are playing, they choose Hajek / Minar as doubles team but then suddenly ( ) they chance their mind and Stepanek / Berdych play.
Don´t know if it´s that case here, too, but Quisner would be the better doubles team I think.

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Should be 4-1 or so for the Americans.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:04 PM   #10
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't count out the Colombians.

USA should win the doubles, but nothing else is guaranteed assuming that the clay plays reasonably slow. Falla's fitness is often an issue, but he could be tough to beat...and if Giraldo can summon some of his earlier season form he might fancy a win (or even two).

Not entirely sure what to expect tbh. Just hopefully not a one-sided win for USA.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:16 AM   #11
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Burro View Post
I wouldn't count out the Colombians.

USA should win the doubles, but nothing else is guaranteed assuming that the clay plays reasonably slow. Falla's fitness is often an issue, but he could be tough to beat...and if Giraldo can summon some of his earlier season form he might fancy a win (or even two).

Not entirely sure what to expect tbh. Just hopefully not a one-sided win for USA.
Regardless of the speed of the clay you need to take the altitude into account.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Falla will beat Fish but then the Americans will win out from there.

Ryan is actually a prety decent doubles player.

Can the Bryans still play in the WG stages?

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 AM   #13
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Falla will beat Fish? I don't think so. In fact, I'm more confident about that match than about Giraldo-Querrey. I can't see Mardy losing to Falla, and I think Sam or John will also beat Falla. I think the doubles could get interesting but the Isner/Harrison are the clear favorites, that's one match I can for sure see Colombia get if they play great. I think Giraldo could end up winning both of his singles but the US side will win the other matches. Or that Giraldo will win one of his matches. I can't see the US losing here, too much depth.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #14
country flag Victor Giraldo

Victor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Giraldo has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Colombia Carajo!!!

http://teniscolombiano.blogspot.com/
Victor Giraldo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #15
country flag Smoke944

This is painful so far. Falla has been poor but also I think we've forgotten how bad Fish is on red clay.