Tennis Records (compilation) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #31
country flag V.H.

V.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond reputeV.H. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Records (compilation)

Hi again!

Fastest 2nd serve belong to Karlovic (144mph/232kmh).

Some of your ways to name the stats is sometimes a little confusing, what about changing:
Victories -> Match wins
Defeats -> Matches lost
History -> Career stats
Game devolopment -> Match stats
Speed serving -> Fastest serves

Is it also possible for you to make links to lists or other pages which confirms the stat?
V.H. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 12:59 AM   #32
country flag eldrick

eldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.H. View Post
Hi again!

Fastest 2nd serve belong to Karlovic (144mph/232kmh).

Some of your ways to name the stats is sometimes a little confusing, what about changing:
Victories -> Match wins
Defeats -> Matches lost
History -> Career stats
Game devolopment -> Match stats
Speed serving -> Fastest serves

Is it also possible for you to make links to lists or other pages which confirms the stat?
Thanks because my english is very, very, very bad

Links which confirms the stats??? I'm working on it but I need time.
My intention is to put links gradually
eldrick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #33
country flag eldrick

eldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond reputeeldrick has a reputation beyond repute

Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan won his 66th title as pair. This record is the first with link that confirm the stats. In the first two dots is a link with men record, and in the second two dots is a link with a women record. At the moment only Bryan&Bryan record

Only links with official webs (ATP, WTA, Davis,...), Wikipedia or newspaper news

Last edited by eldrick : 10-11-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #34
country flag eldrick

In 1965 and 1969 mixed doubles final in Australian Open didn't played. However in all statistics Fred Stolle or Owen Davidson, for example, won those editions but Margaret Court didn't won. Why would anyone give her titles in 1965 and 1969.

In my opinion, if Davidson won 11 mixed doubles titles or Fred Stolle won 7, Margaret Court 19 mixed doubles Grand Slam and 64 Grand Slam combined titles (24 Singles+19 Doubles+21 Mixed)
Old 12-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #35
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eldrick and Merry Christmas.

In my thread I meant I felt ashamed because the US Open win was obvious, it's a Grand Slam. But thanks again for the correction.

By the way I think there is something to say about the Vilas match winning streak, which I already mentioned in the main section of this forum.

Right in the middle of his streak he won 4 matches at an exo tournament (the Harrison Lionel Tennis Week: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiller...de_l.27ATP_:_9), which puts him at 50. that's one better than Borg if we consider a "walkover" as a "no match".

Lendl is at 44 ATP-sanctioned matches but he won 5 matches at the Toronto Molson Light Challenge in 1982, which puts him at 49.

And Vilas' loss to Nastase in Aix was only due to the latter's "spaghetti racket", which will later be banned. If you remove this match he holds a 74 ATP-sanctioned match winning streak (46 + 28) until the loss to Borg at the Masters. A hypothetical win against Nastase would have put him ahead of Navratilova. Vilas also played a few more exos but none as big as the Harrison one.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #36
country flag eldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
By the way I think there is something to say about the Vilas match winning streak, which I already mentioned in the main section of this forum.

Right in the middle of his streak he won 4 matches at an exo tournament (the Harrison Lionel Tennis Week: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guiller...de_l.27ATP_:_9), which puts him at 50. that's one better than Borg if we consider a "walkover" as a "no match".

Lendl is at 44 ATP-sanctioned matches but he won 5 matches at the Toronto Molson Light Challenge in 1982, which puts him at 49.

And Vilas' loss to Nastase in Aix was only due to the latter's "spaghetti racket", which will later be banned. If you remove this match he holds a 74 ATP-sanctioned match winning streak (46 + 28) until the loss to Borg at the Masters. A hypothetical win against Nastase would have put him ahead of Navratilova. Vilas also played a few more exos but none as big as the Harrison one.
I didn't know tournaments of Harrison (Vilas) and Toronto (Lendl) but I think that this tournaments are unofficial

Vilas's loss to Nastase in Aix. Loser excuses, and Vilas withdrew. If Vilas played a tournament but didn't win the title is impossible to continue the streak

Borg 49 winning streak with 2 walkover in the streak (Rotterdam in quarterfinals and Dallas in semifinals). With walkover in first round the streak continues, but in another round is like a defeat for a record like this

And another thing, with dubious records, I agree with the official version (but Federer or Nadal win 50 games in a row soon)

Excuse my english, Google Translator is to blame
Old 12-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #37
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldrick View Post
I didn't know tournaments of Harrison (Vilas) and Toronto (Lendl) but I think that this tournaments are unofficial
As I said, yes. But it was true competition with huge prize money and field. You don't have to incorporate them. It's just an additional note.

I think it's absurd to say that Lendl won 94 tournaments overall. He won many more than that.

Quote:
Vilas's loss to Nastase in Aix. Loser excuses, and Vilas withdrew. If Vilas played a tournament but didn't win the title is impossible to continue the streak
Was no excuse since the ITF banned the racket in 1978. It did create weird spin.

The present-day rule says: "the hitting surface of the racket shall be flat and consist of a pattern of crossed strings connected to a frame and alternately interlaced or bonded where they cross"

Example of spagh racket: http://www.whatsalltheracquet.com/ar.../spaghetti.php

Quote:
Excuse my english, Google Translator is to blame
Was fine.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #38
country flag eldrick

Australian Open. 4th round. Francesca Schiavone defeat Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-4,1-6,16-14 after 4h44'. The 2nd largest match in women tennis history, largest 3-sets match in women tennis history and 2nd most games women single match in Grand Slam Open Era
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #39
country flag eldrick

Records updated after Miami

Wozniacki ends her streak with 5 Premier titles, 5 Premier finals and 28 winning streak in Premier tournaments

Nadal vs Đoković (14th match in Masters Series, tennis world record
Old 04-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #40
country flag thrust
Banned!

thrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond reputethrust has a reputation beyond repute

Rosewall won the WTF finals against Laver in 71-72, when he was 36 and 37. Perhaps it was called by a different name when Nastasse won it? Incredible stats and hard work to get them!
thrust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #41
country flag eldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Rosewall won the WTF finals against Laver in 71-72, when he was 36 and 37. Perhaps it was called by a different name when Nastasse won it? Incredible stats and hard work to get them!
I have statistics of WTF.
Rosewall won in 1972 World Championship Year End, other tournament. I don't have statistics of this tournament... for now
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #42
country flag eldrick

Update records after Roland Garros and a new stat

Most repeated matches per surface

Hard: Agassi vs Sampras 20
Grass: John McEnroe vs Connors 7
Carpet: Becker vs Edberg 17
Clay: Vilas vs Higueras 16
Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #43
country flag eldrick

Updated after US Open
Old 09-15-2011, 10:36 PM   #44
country flag TennisOnWood

TennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond reputeTennisOnWood has a reputation beyond repute

Grand Slam finals without titles.. Roche and Murray 0-3
Old 09-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #45
country flag eldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal_Power View Post
Grand Slam finals without titles.. Roche and Murray 0-3
Thanks but Tony Roche won a Grand Slam (Roland Garros 1966); and Andy Murray is still active; in this stat (Grand Slam finals without titles) only include non-active players because Murray still can win a Grand Slam