Did I just get ripped off from restringing? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #1
country flag spinner92

spinner92 is on a distinguished road
Default Did I just get ripped off from restringing?

So I just got my tennis racquet restrunged, for $30. I had told him that I wanted more control. (My tennis racquet is a Prince O3 Speedport 116 fyi.) The next day I pick up my racquet, I used it to play and it was pretty good. I was pretty bored and looked at my strings, and in small words on one of the strings it had said "Head Synthetic Gut pps 16." I searched that up on the internet, and it is only $3.99. So is the labor of restringing that much, or is it that I got ripped off? Well, another thing is that this was taken place in a tennis club, and I was not a club member. So basically in that $30, a service fee of $10 had been charged.
spinner92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did I just get ripped off from restringing?

it doesnt sound like the fairest of prices. obviously the stringer is going to make a profit on the string and then charge labor, but what you have been charged seems rather steep. for a similar string i charge £15, which is about $22.50
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
country flag borracho

borracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond repute

15 euros (20$) for a string like that normally here.
borracho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner92 View Post
So I just got my tennis racquet restrunged, for $30. I had told him that I wanted more control. (My tennis racquet is a Prince O3 Speedport 116 fyi.) The next day I pick up my racquet, I used it to play and it was pretty good. I was pretty bored and looked at my strings, and in small words on one of the strings it had said "Head Synthetic Gut pps 16." I searched that up on the internet, and it is only $3.99. So is the labor of restringing that much, or is it that I got ripped off? Well, another thing is that this was taken place in a tennis club, and I was not a club member. So basically in that $30, a service fee of $10 had been charged.
\
String is very expensive and $30 realistically isn't a terrible price, but I havent heard of anyone charging that much. You can find much better deals

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #5
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

with racket restringing it is always best to try and find someone who locally does it as a side venture. you tend to find they do the best deals then.

or do as i do and have a stringer as a best friend and get it done for free or £5

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
country flag henwal_of_sweden

henwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond reputehenwal_of_sweden has a reputation beyond repute

The o3 speedports require some extra labour. You need to either use a "boomerang-tool" or to lock the machine turning disc every time you pull the crosses.

A speedport frame takes around 30 % longer to restring than a normal frame