Sore Wrist's - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
country flag OUT!!!

OUT!!! is on a distinguished road
Default Sore Wrist's

I'm quite new to the game and I have to say im not that bad but one thing that slow's me down during game's is very sore wrist's. It's especially sore when im playing a two handed shot so what I want to know is did any of you have this problem when you started off? , how can I avoid/minimize? it and would wrist bands help at all?

thank you very much
OUT!!! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sore Wrist's

wrist bands help! mke sure they are tight but not to tight for your wrist to move!
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #3
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUT!!! View Post
I'm quite new to the game and I have to say im not that bad but one thing that slow's me down during game's is very sore wrist's. It's especially sore when im playing a two handed shot so what I want to know is did any of you have this problem when you started off? , how can I avoid/minimize? it and would wrist bands help at all?

thank you very much
Yes you will definitely have sore arms/wrists/palms/fingers/etc. Practically everything related to your arm will start feeling pain and become sore when you first pick up the game because many of those muscles are not used in other activities especially as often.

I mean even after many years of playing and condition for the sport, I still feel pain and my arms do get sore especially after a good match or practice. Wrist bands could help, although personally I only used one wristband and it was on my left hand which I only use for tossing the ball and balancing since I play with a one-handed backhand.

Getting someone to massage your sore areas, stretching, taking baths, using balms, etc will all help. For me personally, getting massages everyday made recovery time much, much faster. Also stretching and getting massaged before you start playing helps a lot as well since your muscles will be looser and more laxed.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
country flag docking34

docking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond reputedocking34 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have lots of pain in my elbow due to hitting the ball too hard... something similar to tennis elbow i fear.
docking34 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by docking34 View Post
I actually have lots of pain in my elbow due to hitting the ball too hard... something similar to tennis elbow i fear.
Yeah you will want to get that checked out. Could be tennis elbow or a pinched nerve. A chiropractor can help you out greatly and even realign your back as well.

If you don't want to get it checked out, the very least you should do is take a rest from tennis and stretch a lot. Could be the way you hit the ball putting stress on your elbow.