And Israel is the aggressor...right. - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #241
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And Israel is the aggressor...right.

On paper, There is. Both sides will have to make painful compromises.
Israel would have to give up the settlements in order to allow the Palestinian to form an independent country, and probably parts of eastren Jerusalem as well, and the Palestinians would have to give up the right to return (in exchange to some kind of compensation, perhabs) and abandon the way of terrorism.

Since the peacetalks started, the Hammas has returned to throw rockets on Israel after a long period of ceasefire. They believe the only way is resistance, not peace.
It is more than likely, that as close as Israel gets to signing a peace agreement with the PA, the Hamas would increase its violence toward Israel more and more.

As the PA can't control the Hamas, I'm not sure what the world expect Israel to do, remove roadblocks and remove the Gaza blockade while under daily rockets attacks?

Last edited by Or Levy : 09-13-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #242
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Israel would have to give up the settlements in order to allow the Palestinian to form an independent country, and probably parts of eastren Jerusalem as well, and the Palestinians would have to give up the right to return (in exchange to some kind of compensation, perhabs)
gotta laugh at how Israelis equate these two things, it's NOT Israel's right to build settlements or keep Eastern Jerusalem, they don't own that right, they are supposed to give it up either way, it's not theirs.

on the other hand it's the Palestinian's right to return back home where they lived and were forced to leave by Israel, and where most of their homes were stolen and given to Jews since then.

while I do think it's naive to think Israel would really let Palestinians back where Jews currently live, it's ridiculous how Israel think others should give up their rights for them to cease their transgression.
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #243
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
gotta laugh at how Israelis equate these two things, it's NOT Israel's right to build settlements or keep Eastern Jerusalem, they don't own that right, they are supposed to give it up either way, it's not theirs.

on the other hand it's the Palestinian's right to return back home where they lived and were forced to leave by Israel, and where most of their homes were stolen and given to Jews since then.

while I do think it's naive to think Israel would really let Palestinians back where Jews currently live, it's ridiculous how Israel think others should give up their rights for them to cease their transgression.
And it's the Israeli right not to be bombed with rockets, so the Palestinians HAS to do that, only they don't. Lands, while very important, are not equal to human life. The Lands would still be there tomorrow, Human lives can not be given back.

Furthremore, the Israelis didn't wake up one morning and said lets drive all the Palestinians out of their lands in 1948 like you are trying to portray it.

Israel was declared a country, and the Palestinians and other Arab nations REFUSED to accept that and attacked the Jews in Israel.
In that context, and during the independence war, some of the Palestinians were driven away by the Jews, yes.
Some of them were probably peaceful people, however the vast majority took active roles in the Independence war against Israel.

The only reason "the Nakva" ever happened was because the Palestinians refused to acknowledged the Jews also had rights to Israel (per the UN desicion).

That part of history isn't significant in your eyes? Does that not assign some or even most of the responsibility and blame for the situation of the Palestinian refugees on them, rather than on Israel?
Old 09-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #244
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And it's the Israeli right not to be bombed with rockets, so the Palestinians HAS to do that, only they don't. Lands, while very important, are not equal to human life. The Lands would still be there tomorrow, Human lives can not be given back.
Palestinians have the right to resist occupation and drive away occupants of their homeland with any means available including force, I've given you the example of someone settling in my house and claiming he has divine right to it and how I'd deal with it, obviously with force if nothing else worked, anyone would react the same way.

Quote:
Furthremore, the Israelis didn't wake up one morning and said lets drive all the Palestinians out of their lands in 1948 like you are trying to portray it.

Israel was declared a country, and the Palestinians and other Arab nations REFUSED to accept that and attacked the Jews in Israel.
In that context, and during the independence war, some of the Palestinians were driven away by the Jews, yes.
Some of them were probably peaceful people, however the vast majority took active roles in the Independence war against Israel.

The only reason "the Nakva" ever happened was because the Palestinians refused to acknowledged the Jews also had rights to Israel (per the UN desicion).

That part of history isn't significant in your eyes? Does that not assign some or even most of the responsibility and blame for the situation of the Palestinian refugees on them, rather than on Israel?
why does that matter? what lead to their current situation doesn't nullify their right to get back what is theirs.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #245
country flag Or Levy

Well, in simple terms, I disagree. I think it has everything to do with it.
The Palestinian Nakba is their own doing, it was self-imposed by their behavior.

Explain to me how Israel is an occupying force in the past 60 years, if the Palestinians themselves rejected the UN plan?

You do realize, that if the Palestinians and other Arab countries had THEIR way 60 years ago, there wouldn't be any Israeli refugees, because everyone would have been killed?

And who said anything about devine right? It was a UN legal desicion.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #246
country flag habibko

Quote:
Well, in simple terms, I disagree. I think it has everything to do with it.
The Palestinian Nakba is their own doing, it was self-imposed by their behavior.

Explain to me how Israel is an occupying force in the past 60 years, if the Palestinians themselves rejected the UN plan?

You do realize, that if the Palestinians and other Arab countries had THEIR way 60 years ago, there wouldn't be any Israeli refugees, because everyone would have been killed?

And who said anything about devine right? It was a UN legal desicion.
wow, so Palestinians drove themselves away and Israel isn't an occupying force, is there no end to your blind prejudice?

one only has to read the thread title to realize how pointless it is to have any reasonable discussion with you.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM   #247
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yikes, the lack of knowledge astounds me.

Last time *I* checked, during the 1967 war Israel was a war with Jordan and Egypt, the west bank and Gaza strip were taken FROM THOSE COUNTRIES during the war.
I didn't see the world calling on Jordan and Egypt to give the Palestinians independence prior to 1967. The world didn't care about it then. And the world didn't care when Jordan butchered the Palestinians before 1967 and gave them few rights even though they are majority in Jordan.
Nobody cares when Muslims kills other Muslims in the middle east.

Egypt and especially Jordan saw the Palestinians as a huge hazzard, and weren't about to give them any rights whatsoever.

They have to give back the land, it's an illegal occupation. This is recognized by the world to be so.

And what of the people actually living on this land, where are their morals?
They use excuses to get more land, like the excuses you stated above. All at others expense for your gain.

There is a reason the world opinion is what it is, they all can see through the attempts at redirection.

You can talk about the muslims, they did this and that, but no one says anything, this is an argument a teenager would make and you know that.
This is off the subject and used only to win an argument, this won't work with me.

Now when will the land be returned?

How can we force Israel to do what must be done?

What measures can we take if they refuse?

I already told you what North Korea, China would do. And how they have every right to attack under the same situation.
How Israel cries when Palenstine does what any other country would do when another tries to take their land.

Think about that for awhile, you responded too mechanically last time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #248
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
wow, so Palestinians drove themselves away and Israel isn't an occupying force, is there no end to your blind prejudice?

one only has to read the thread title to realize how pointless it is to have any reasonable discussion with you.
The Palestinians lost their legitimation in this story when they started to attack and avoided the UN decision. Do you think that everything is quite simple, and when Israel took control of some lands after they got attacked, they should returned it?
It's all about Israel and Israel and Israel returning lands. who's said it's Palestinian lands? the UN decision had no means anymore when the arabs ignored it. besides it, jews and Israelis also lived in some of this lands for decades(without anyone to decide who it belongs to.
It's funny how you think that the solution is that all the refugees will go back to their "home" town and everything will be ok, because it's a "solution" that cannot be done - but it makes sense that if there will be a Palestinian nation(In Gaza and the west bank), refugees that aren't in the Palestinian nation will go back there. but since the real govremenet(the one which the citizens in Gaza choosen, who is terror organization and not willing to see Israel right to exist) are not into the whole negotioation, there's no point to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
They have to give back the land, it's an illegal occupation. This is recognized by the world to be so.

And what of the people actually living on this land, where are their morals?
They use excuses to get more land, like the excuses you stated above. All at others expense for your gain.

There is a reason the world opinion is what it is, they all can see through the attempts at redirection.

You can talk about the muslims, they did this and that, but no one says anything, this is an argument a teenager would make and you know that.
This is off the subject and used only to win an argument, this won't work with me.

Now when will the land be returned?

How can we force Israel to do what must be done?

What measures can we take if they refuse?

I already told you what North Korea, China would do. And how they have every right to attack under the same situation.
How Israel cries when Palenstine does what any other country would do when another tries to take their land.

Think about that for awhile, you responded too mechanically last time.

You're talking like Israel expelled all the arabs from it's territory and took all their rights. Check the demographic stats and how much arabs are living in Israel(and how much of them will want to be part of the palestinian nation.
You may not agree with me, but I think that Israel have every right to take control on a land that people from it attacked her, and it makes sense. demanding to going back to their homes(which will not be even in Palestinians territory!) is nonsense.
According to your view, Jewish people that have relation to those got expelled couple of times from the lands that we talk about throughout the history, can claim it's their land.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #249
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrodg View Post
who's said it's Palestinian lands? the UN decision had no means anymore when the arabs ignored it. besides it, jews and Israelis also lived in some of this lands for decades(without anyone to decide who it belongs to.
That's why you must share the land but I guess your pride is too big to ever accept it.

Quote:
but it makes sense that if there will be a Palestinian nation(In Gaza and the west bank), refugees that aren't in the Palestinian nation will go back there.
While you get the bigger portion? You think like a true Israeli. It's all about you like always.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #250
country flag Nimrodg

Nimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond reputeNimrodg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
That's why you must share the land but I guess your pride is too big to ever accept it.

I didn't said that we don't need to share the land. I support the solution of 2 states for 2 nations.

Quote:
While you get the bigger portion? You think like a true Israeli. It's all about you like always.
Tell me something, if i'll come to your country now, and will say to you that you live on my grandpa's home(which is something that is reasonable when you consider what happenned in your country) - will you be force to live your home and give it to me?
Why do the land should be equal? why does it so matter? the West bank and Gaza are good enough, if there's not enough space - so they might should ask from egypt some part of Sinai, there's enough space over there. it shouldn't be always Israel that doing the steps forward and gets nothing from the Palestinians
Old 09-14-2010, 04:33 PM   #251
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Palestinians lost their legitimation in this story when they started to attack and avoided the UN decision. Do you think that everything is quite simple, and when Israel took control of some lands after they got attacked, they should returned it?
It's all about Israel and Israel and Israel returning lands. who's said it's Palestinian lands? the UN decision had no means anymore when the arabs ignored it. besides it, jews and Israelis also lived in some of this lands for decades(without anyone to decide who it belongs to.
It's funny how you think that the solution is that all the refugees will go back to their "home" town and everything will be ok, because it's a "solution" that cannot be done - but it makes sense that if there will be a Palestinian nation(In Gaza and the west bank), refugees that aren't in the Palestinian nation will go back there. but since the real govremenet(the one which the citizens in Gaza choosen, who is terror organization and not willing to see Israel right to exist) are not into the whole negotioation, there's no point to talk about it.

You're talking like Israel expelled all the arabs from it's territory and took all their rights. Check the demographic stats and how much arabs are living in Israel(and how much of them will want to be part of the palestinian nation.
You may not agree with me, but I think that Israel have every right to take control on a land that people from it attacked her, and it makes sense. demanding to going back to their homes(which will not be even in Palestinians territory!) is nonsense.
According to your view, Jewish people that have relation to those got expelled couple of times from the lands that we talk about throughout the history, can claim it's their land.
With this type of argument you can also say that the american indian has rights to regain land, through force if necessary.
America could of taken land from Japan, Germany also but didn't.
This is too primitive of a way to do things and has repurcussions, the world point of view now doesn't support it or does the world opinion of everyday people around the world.

The only people supporting it strongly are Israeli's and from what I can tell jewish people. Does this not sound suspicious that the people supporting it have something to gain, whereas the ones who look at it objectively do not support it?

I haven't looked it up but could anyone tell me which nations consider this a legal occupation?

BTW I appreciate all responses and realize that all can not have the same opinion.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #252
country flag Nimrodg

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisht4u View Post
With this type of argument you can also say that the american indian has rights to regain land, through force if necessary.
America could of taken land from Japan, Germany also but didn't.
This is too primitive of a way to do things and has repurcussions, the world point of view now doesn't support it or does the world opinion of everyday people around the world.

The only people supporting it strongly are Israeli's and from what I can tell jewish people. Does this not sound suspicious that the people supporting it have something to gain, whereas the ones who look at it objectively do not support it?

I haven't looked it up but could anyone tell me which nations consider this a legal occupation?

BTW I appreciate all responses and realize that all can not have the same opinion.
First of all, as I said, as the arab countries ignored the UN decision in 1948, I don't think it have meaning right now. I believe that there should be a Palestinian nation in the 67 borders - BUT - I also believe that the Palestinian should show that they agree to the exsitance of Israel and not giving the Hamas legitimation - because peace process with Hamas and Hezbollah still around will have no meaning.
It's not the same as USA and Japan, from the simple reason that they are not neighbours. It will be hard for Israel to give up on the Golan heights, as Syria used it to attack us.
It's not so easy to explain it, but you might only understand it when you'll visit in the cities that you're talking about. You can't split cities now and decide people won't live there, because it's not reasonable and possible. And it's also a very bad idea to create a Palestinian country, but letting refugees living in cities in Israel(Believe me that life in Israel are better, and there will be a majority that will want to live in Israel). That's why Israel suggested to make land swap with the Palestinians, where there is a big population in the settlements, and I don't understand what's the problem with that.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #253
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is that both sides are knuckle heads

but israel has 100000x the army strength so of course they will always look worse

on top of that they always let their soldiers off for killing innocents (or thats what reported anyway)

i read a stat that said 20% of all female israeli soldiers (everone has to serve in tthe army in israel) end up leaving the country

i wonder why if israel has nothing to hide?
Old 09-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #254
country flag Nimrodg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-hero View Post

but israel has 100000x the army strength so of course they will always look worse

on top of that they always let their soldiers off for killing innocents (or thats what reported anyway)

i read a stat that said 20% of all female israeli soldiers (everone has to serve in tthe army in israel) end up leaving the country

i wonder why if israel has nothing to hide?
We'll go to some answers:

Quote:
"but israel has 100000x the army strength so of course they will always look worse"
no doubt about that. even though the Hamas is clearly a terror organization, and standing in the head of gaza, i hear more people saying bad things about Israel(especially in this forum)

Quote:
Not sure if this sentence is funny or sad. If Israel knows about an incident of someone who killed intentioally innocent people, he's being brought to court.
As a soldier i'm telling what i've been taught, and that is going on the IDF ethics - http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/abou...ine/ethics.htm Just tell me if it says something about what you claim

Quote:
Dunno from where you got it, but I know it's not true, and actually it is not true. I heard about some womens who left the army, but as most of the women do serve, i don't see reduce in the women population in the young age, after being done with the army

Easy yom kippur for everyone
and as being done in Kippur
swisht4u, bilbo and others, sorry if I offended you, just trying to give you my point of view for the whole conflict
Old 09-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #255
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-hero View Post
stronger than Hamas maybe but not stronger than Hezbollah. Hezbollah is Israel's biggest nightmare.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote