Hot Stuff! Let's fire up for 2010 US/fall hard court season - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #61
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot Stuff! Let's fire up for the 2010 US hard court season

great win gilles!

it will be a huge test tonight with the form nalbandian is in but i think he can do it
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #62
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

It's the thread!

So happy for him. Definitely feel a win vs Nalbandian would be even more huge so he'll need a much higher first serve %. ALLEZ GILLES.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #63
country flag TennisFan2012

TennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post

I read it at the Livestream thread in GM. Sounds like a logical explanation then for not broadcasting an Roddick match on tv when they are actually scheduled to.
Agreed. It would have been nice for Tennis Channel to interrupt their re-run of an old match to tell us why this match was not being broadcast.
TennisFan2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #64
country flag TennisFan2012

TennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Aw, thanks Today will be my last day here, so I'll just have to fire it all up tonight =) Just seeing him play one match well was enough to make it a great trip I'm really looking forward to the match tonight.

What I saw from the first set last night:

Both were hitting a little tentatively at first. I figure it’s because they didn’t get a chance to warm up since all of the courts were soaked all day. I think that Gillou knows how to look cute for the crowd to get them to like him. Early on (not sure during which game), he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didn’t go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldn’t hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

After he held onto his first service game, he started to step it up and was hitting his trademark hard, flat shots. He was being really patient and waiting for the right moments too. Some jacka$s sitting near me was calling him a pusher right before he ripped a rocket-fire forehand winner. There were some awesome rallies, Gilles’ movement was great and he was playing aggressively and doing it all better than Andy. He was also returning well. Sure, Roddick had a few aces but Gillou was getting ones back that most others probably wouldn’t.

Alleeeeeez Gillou
Great report!

Also, I've attended several tournaments in the US over the years. Andy seems to be a favorite of drunks, who like to yell more loudly as the evening continues. It's not his fault. Fortunately there are few such jacka$ses, but there always seems to be one at his evening matches. At one tournament people asked him to be quiet or leave.
TennisFan2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #65
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Amaze.

But of course, no video to get hold of.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #66
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Nat His haircut must've been really good to beat Roddick

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #67
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Aw, thanks Today will be my last day here, so I'll just have to fire it all up tonight =) Just seeing him play one match well was enough to make it a great trip I'm really looking forward to the match tonight.

What I saw from the first set last night:

Both were hitting a little tentatively at first. I figure it’s because they didn’t get a chance to warm up since all of the courts were soaked all day. I think that Gillou knows how to look cute for the crowd to get them to like him. Early on (not sure during which game), he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didn’t go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldn’t hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

After he held onto his first service game, he started to step it up and was hitting his trademark hard, flat shots. He was being really patient and waiting for the right moments too. Some jacka$s sitting near me was calling him a pusher right before he ripped a rocket-fire forehand winner. There were some awesome rallies, Gilles’ movement was great and he was playing aggressively and doing it all better than Andy. He was also returning well. Sure, Roddick had a few aces but Gillou was getting ones back that most others probably wouldn’t.

Alleeeeeez Gillou
I'm going to imagine that it was rocketassist

Great report, really annoying it wasn't televised I'm so glad he's performing for you Alli

Old 08-06-2010, 08:05 PM   #68
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
he made a challenge (that juuuuuust barely didn’t go his way) and was saying something to the chair all jokingly and smiling. I couldn’t hear what he was saying. People in the crowd on the side he was on were laughing.

I'm glad he's smiling on court, it's a good sign.

I'm so excited that you get to see the Nalby/Gilles match later on today. It's gonna be an awesome match, I hope. Have fun and please yell a loud Allez to him for all of us .
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 PM   #69
country flag MsTree

I've discovered that I need to get a tree cut down before I can get my satellite reception back again so I hope there's a good livestream! And no rain tonight!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #70
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

SH*T. Gilles got Misha opening round in Toronto
Old 08-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #71
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
His haircut must've been really good to beat Roddick
Or his haircut was meh but Roddick's was awful.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #72
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
I'm going to imagine that it was rocketassist

Don't tell Scotty, he might try to skin the dude alive.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #73
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
SH*T. Gilles got Misha opening round in Toronto
If PHM of all people managed to overcome his Misha curse at SW19, Gilles has the duty to do as much.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #74
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
If PHM of all people managed to overcome his Misha curse at SW19, Gilles has the duty to do as much.
Shame on me for not having much faith in Gilles . Surely he can do it. C'mon Gilles.

Let's focus on the current task. Please win tonite against King David. Allez Gilles, Allez!
Old 08-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #75
country flag rtgy

rtgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond reputertgy has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Hot Stuff! Let's fire up for the 2010 US hard court season

ALLEZ GILLOU!!! he looks great
rtgy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote