U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies! - Page 18 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 AM   #256
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies!

Phew! That was a long match. Took four days after all.

Well of course Kei has only himself to blame for choking away the second set.

misty and Dana, I saw you two pick Kudryatsev over Kei in the USO qualifying thread. I don't know much about the guy coz I've never seen him play. What's his tennis like and what do you think will cause Kei trouble? ...I'm scared!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2010, 03:51 AM   #257
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: U.S. Summer Hard Court Season!/LA, DC, Binghamton and now USO Qualies!

OOP for Friday

Court 13
11:00
Nicolas Mahut(FRA) vs. Uladzimir Ignatik(BLR)[29]
Alexandre Kudryavtsev(RUS) vs. Kei Nishikori(JPN)[24]
Peter Polansky(CAN) vs. Franco Skugor(CRO)
Sharon Fichman(CAN) vs. Nicole Gibbs(USA)

All the best, Kei!!!

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #258
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Finally they finished, yay!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 PM   #259
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post

misty and Dana, I saw you two pick Kudryatsev over Kei in the USO qualifying thread. I don't know much about the guy coz I've never seen him play. What's his tennis like and what do you think will cause Kei trouble? ...I'm scared!
its more the fact that this his best and favourite surface, he's a bit of a head case but when he's on he's dangerous.

if kei wants to win he'll have to bring his best
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #260
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

kei ahead 4-1 over kudryavtsev in the first set
Old 08-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #261
country flag misty1
Banned!

takes the first set 6-3
Old 08-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #262
country flag misty1
Banned!

breaks to open the second set
Old 08-27-2010, 07:32 PM   #263
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, Kei started struggling...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #264
country flag DanaKz

Oh Kei what's going on?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #265
country flag misty1
Banned!

6-3, 7-6 the final

kei into final round of qualies
Old 08-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #266
country flag DanaKz

Hell yeaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 08:10 PM   #267
country flag DanaKz

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post

So now I can start my confessions.
I never bet on my favourits because I am such bloody jinxer! I lose every time. I lost all my TT games - never won a round - i lost a lot of vCash and some real cash on betting.
Every time I try to beat Fortuna she hit me back.
This is my point
Old 08-28-2010, 02:03 AM   #268
country flag misty1
Banned!

he's playing so inconsistently right now

he rolls in the first set, starts strong in the second set then falters and lets the opponent back in the match and then rolls again in the third if needed

he really has to cut that out
Old 08-28-2010, 04:50 AM   #269
country flag *bunny*

Woohoo, glad he won!
I stayed up until around 1:30 a.m. here when the match before Kei's (Mahut vs Ignatik) went to the decider...usually I can manage until 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. but yesterday I was too tired to go on.

Kei told the Japanese media after the match he wasn't too happy with his performance, saying he tends to make errors after having a comfortable lead, and that he wants to play better and more consistently in the third round.

Dancevic in the next round will be tough too. He seems to be finding his form and he's way better than the current ranking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
its more the fact that this his best and favourite surface, he's a bit of a head case but when he's on he's dangerous.

if kei wants to win he'll have to bring his best
Kei's best results came on hard courts too, including USO.
But from what I've read about the match here and elsewhere it seems Kudryavtsev is a kind of guy who can blow hot and cold and becomes unstoppable once he's on. Am I right? Then I can well see the danger you were talking about and I'm glad Kei managed to win in two sets!

Kei's records in TB are really good these days though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
So now I can start my confessions.
I never bet on my favourits because I am such bloody jinxer! I lose every time. I lost all my TT games - never won a round - i lost a lot of vCash and some real cash on betting.
Every time I try to beat Fortuna she hit me back.
This is my point
Awww Dana, I know the feeling!
That's why I never do predictions! I simply suck at predictions and I don't want to jinx my faves!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 08-28-2010, 06:48 AM   #270
country flag *bunny*

Final game of the first round and a mini interview after the match.
(Click on the video currently on top)

http://www.wowow.co.jp/sports/tennis...ovie_list.html

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 08-28-2010 at 06:54 AM.