On The US Open 2010 Road - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-01-2010, 01:46 AM   #106
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On The US Open 2010 Road

so no one won any money? how often did i ask people do that before a match it's what's called a black swan event

congrats arno, i'm sure there wasn't any match fixing this is another famous win for an underdog
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #107
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

before you know it, he's lost in the doubles

Mahesh Bhupathi(IND)[4] / Max Mirnyi(BLR)[4] def.
Arnaud Clement(FRA) / Nicolas Mahut(FRA)
6-1 6-4

there's the singles to hold on to..... for now
Old 09-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #108
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

That's a big loss but expected. They put him on court 11 today as second match. It means a streaming will surely be available but i don't know if i will follow this as he started to play well whe i cut my streaming vs Baggy .
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #109
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I will try to follow it, just hope I can find a decent stream. I was so happy to see him on tv, finally some good coverage again. But I don't think he'll be on tv today.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #110
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I watch from the middle of first set, pity for the injury of Schwank but it was a great point actually. Schwank continued 3 games after his injury but it was strange. Not the best way to win for Arno but he was a set and just broke back so we can say that it's not stolen.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #111
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Why did not you beginn by annoncing Arnaud WON the mach (cos of his opponent's injury) ? lol

Well, he could have won the match so it's not an hold up.
Some luck, sometimes, can help to go far...lol

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #112
country flag soulage

i write the score for Marine 63/55 ret

Yes he could have won this normally. He didn't have the happiness of the MP but he play almost 2 sets.

Fish next so maybe the Arthur Ashe and why not a night session
Old 09-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #113
country flag soulage

i just see on Infosport the post match reaction of Arno that he gave on court to Canal Plus. he said that of course it's not the same to win like that but about the 1 set 1/2 he played it was not perfect but he managed to give intensity on points.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #114
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Why did not you beginn by annoncing Arnaud WON the mach (cos of his opponent's injury) ? lol

Well, he could have won the match so it's not an hold up.
Some luck, sometimes, can help to go far...lol
That's true, I believe Stakhovsky won his first title as a lucky loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
i write the score for Marine 63/55 ret

Yes he could have won this normally. He didn't have the happiness of the MP but he play almost 2 sets.

Fish next so maybe the Arthur Ashe and why not a night session
Fish... This guy is on a roll lately.
My sister will like it, she supports Fish too, but she's always on Arnaud's side first.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #115
country flag soulage

I found a report and the match vs Baggy on tennisforum and I'm sure Marine will flash on one sentence http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...t#post18428587

Baghdatis - Clement
This was a good match! The crowd was pretty small, but they were very vocal and basically even as for as support for each player. Arnaud looked very funny as he has white sunscreen on his nose, which you can see between points when he takes of his sunglasses. I was wondering if Arnaud was near retirement, at least from singles, since he is getting old, but he is definitely not finished. He has a very good serve and very good volleys. Arnaud did have an elbow band though, so hopefully he's not hurt there. His only issue was he let some balls go by and they went in, but when he hit the volleys, they were very good, and he came in often. Marcos got called for a foot fault at the end of the fourth set and he got very mad at the line judge. During the fifth set, he would be called on three more foot-faults, although he didn't get mad on these, but this is something he needs to work on as it kept happening! With Arnaud serving for the fourth set at 5-3, he let two passing shots go and they both went in, and this is what cost him the break of serve. However, with Baghdatis serving down 4-5, Arnaud played a great game, there were some awesome points, and he got the break back right away to take the fourth. Llodra was in Arnaud's box and he was really excited after the fourth set. At the beginning of the fourth set, Marcos seemed to be in charge, but from 3-1 down, Arnaud played incredibly, I'm not sure he even lost a point until 4-3 for him, he hit gutsy shots and there were some great rallies, but he won all of them. Marcos was definitely not at his best, but he hit some great passing shots. The games in the fifth set were all pretty one-sided, but almost every point saw a great rally, as both players were going all-out and fighting hard, and hitting gutsy shots, especially Arnaud though - he played really well. Marcos looked exhausted at the end, the heat and the foot-faults really hurt him, but Clement played fantastic and fought so well from 1-3 down. The match ended on a bad challenge from Marcos on the third match point and the players embraced at the net.

but at the same time in his Bio Mika answered Amelie as his best tennis friend http://tennis-prose.com/articles/bio...ichael-llodra/
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #116
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

And after his victory over Berdych, Mika said "Arnaud" talking about the "perf" against Marcos very strange but it's probably better between them...the investigation is not over
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 AM   #117
country flag Via

r32 = 90 ranking points, makes it easier for the rest of the year when he will have to defend a lot of points to stay inside top 100.

fish will have a lot of local support... if even kezzi looks there's no hope for the rest of us
Old 09-03-2010, 09:48 AM   #118
country flag Kezzi

Yeah, but on the other hand Arnaud said he was the underdog in the first round too and he went on court without expectations. That also turned out pretty good for him The retirement gave him more rest than Mardy, so I think it depends on their games. Arnaud has to find out what's difficult for Fish. My sister is a fan, but I have absolutely no idea about the way he plays. We rarely see Mardy play in our country or on tv.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #119
country flag soulage

No Arthur Ashe and no night session , it's Djokovic/Blake who take it. Pity in a way but the Amstrong is also a big court. Anyway it will be tough Mardy serves better than his previous opponents so Arno will need a perfect match to have hopes i must say that a 3 round is already good but let's see what will happen.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #120
country flag Kezzi

I hope Robin and Thiemo keep it short, so I can watch Arnaud.
Round 3 is already great, I hope he can look at this match the same as the Baggy match.