On The US Open 2010 Road - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #31
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On The US Open 2010 Road

Thanks for the report. If that makes you a tennis snob, I am an even bigger one.
Did he also wear this balance bracelet that was hyped during the World Cup? He had it at the bundesliga, I only found out recently he was wearing it, cause I thought it was some sort of small sports watch in Düsseldorf.
I agree Simon is a treat to watch, I'm so glad he's back. (Was his gf with him? If so, how big is her belly atm? )

Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #32
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Thanks for the report. If that makes you a tennis snob, I am an even bigger one.
Did he also wear this balance bracelet that was hyped during the World Cup? He had it at the bundesliga, I only found out recently he was wearing it, cause I thought it was some sort of small sports watch in Düsseldorf.
I agree Simon is a treat to watch, I'm so glad he's back. (Was his gf with him? If so, how big is her belly atm? )
Is it a black band thingy with a silver piece? If so, yes, he did have it on!

Don't think Gilles' gf is in town, but there was a younger guy with his coach who was wearing glasses--possibly his little brother? hmm wrong forum.
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #33
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Higherlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
However, I have seen Arnaud complain about a plane flying over so he really seems to lose his focus sometimes!

Quote:
wouah I didn't know Gilles' girlfriend was pregnant ! I'm very happy for them
Old 08-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is it a black band thingy with a silver piece? If so, yes, he did have it on!

Don't think Gilles' gf is in town, but there was a younger guy with his coach who was wearing glasses--possibly his little brother? hmm wrong forum.
Yes, that's it. Don't you agree it looks like a small watch from a distance?
I discovered what it was when I saw someone in the train with it and could have a better look.

Didn't know he has a younger brother, did the youngster look as cute as him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
Thanks Higherlaw

wouah I didn't know Gilles' girlfriend was pregnant ! I'm very happy for them
I saw photos in the Gilles forum, she was cheering for him and you could really notice her belly.
Hopefully we'll get to see baby Gillou when he/she arrives. It must be a cute baby with two good looking parents

Sorry for the
Maybe we should make this on topic and discuss if we expect baby Clement #2 to arrive if Arnaud gets a long term injury like Gilles
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #35
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, that's it. Don't you agree it looks like a small watch from a distance?
I discovered what it was when I saw someone in the train with it and could have a better look.

Didn't know he has a younger brother, did the youngster look as cute as him?

I saw photos in the Gilles forum, she was cheering for him and you could really notice her belly.
Hopefully we'll get to see baby Gillou when he/she arrives. It must be a cute baby with two good looking parents

Sorry for the
Maybe we should make this on topic and discuss if we expect baby Clement #2 to arrive if Arnaud gets a long term injury like Gilles
It's clear I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to gilles, so ingore my comments on him!!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 PM   #36
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report even if it's to know that he was in a bad mood and crappy. The pleasure of tennis is not with him atm and when he's more focus on the planes or the freeway it's never good

Quote:
Arnaud totally took his sweet time at the change-over by s-l-o-w-l-y changing his socks, shirt and bandana.
Even the socks

Quote:
I didn't know he was wearing this honestly i don't know the interest of this bracelet
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #37
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
It's clear I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to gilles, so ingore my comments on him!!
I'm not ignoring them. I really don't know if Gilles has a little brother. Would be cool if he does, Bennet also has a very cute little brother I recently discovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
Even the socks

I didn't know he was wearing this honestly i don't know the interest of this bracelet
I never saw him change socks.

I know about it cause apparently the whole Dutch soccer team was wearing them during the World Cup. Just didn't know what they looked like. Just google and you'll find info. I think it's one of those things that you have to believe in to think it actually works.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #38
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Im on holiday and there's so much to read on the forum (while there was nothing these last
past weeks lol).

1/ The new Lacoste collection is awful. Who're their designers ???
2/ thanks for your report higherlaw, and happy to see you back in arnaud's land ! Just a pity he played so bad when you saw him (anyway, do we know people who can affirm they saw a good match of Arnaud lately ??)
3/ This bracelet, it's just esthetic ? Arnaud doesn't complain of any pain for a while i think.
Just prefer complain about planes flying too close from hi
4/ Simon's g/f is pregnant ?? I didn't know ( wow he's still young to be a father lol)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #39
country flag Kezzi

3) I think this bracelet is superstition. More to read here http://www.powerbalance.com/
4) He is, but also not too young I think. And I believe everyone always says Carine is older than him. I don't know, I don't follow his private life this close and he isn't very open about it anyway.

Last edited by Kezzi : 08-04-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #40
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Witch Bracelet i'm lost I don't think the bracelet for his elbow is for esthetic and he never complain about his pain or long time after so we never know but the balance bracelet looks very strange
Quote:
Athletes swear it makes them stronger, leaner and faster. But is this wristband mostly hype?

Many pro surfers, basketball stars and celebs like Robert De Niro never part with their Power Balance wristbands.

Power Balance claims that holograms in the bands release an electromagnetic buzz that will make you instantly stronger, more flexible and have better balance.

You can’t exactly feel it, but the hologram’s energy boosts your body’s ability to absorb oxygen, the company says. The result? Activities that require balance and strength–like surfing, biking, and pilates–become easy.

And yes, Carine is a bit older than Gilles but not that much. She must be around the 28 i think I remember tennis players saying that tennis is a job for single man and no kids man as they are always out of their home and that's true that compare to others sport tennis players are not early father except some guys like Seb or Llodra but having kids in your 20 when you know that you will be out of your house during the next 10 years must be tough.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #41
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
2/ thanks for your report higherlaw, and happy to see you back in arnaud's land ! Just a pity he played so bad when you saw him (anyway,
Thanks!

About the socks. See the blurry photos.

I see now he's wearing sweat bands on his wrists. I guess I saw him with the bracelet during warm-ups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG107.jpg (90.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG108.jpg (89.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #42
country flag Kezzi

Those pics are too funny!
Is it really hot there then? Maybe he had sweaty feet?

I saw him play with the bracelet during bundesliga, maybe he needs the wristbands for protection or something. I know our soccer team taped them for every match.
@soulage, this has nothing to do with his elbow protection. This bracelet is the new hype since the world cup.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #43
country flag soulage

I love the socks pics I know that balance bracelet is not for the elbow pain but Arno wears so many bracelet for his elbow for balance that we don't which one we talk
Old 08-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #44
country flag soulage

Quote:
(I'm sorry I can't confirm that he was up 3-0 in the first set, as the scoreboard wasn't working at the beginning and I was answering emails on my phone and finding out that Gasquet had retired...).
He was as it's said in this tipsy interview http://www.thedailyforehand.com/2010...evic-interview

Quote:
TDF: Congratulations on your win today [6-4 6-0 over Arnaud Clement]. You had a slow start, going down 0-3 and losing 12 of the first 14 points--what helped you to come back from that so well?

Janko Tipsarevic: You know what? I was just taking it point-by-point. Arnaud is very difficult to play sometimes 'cause he's so quick around the court, and he made a very good start. After that, I broke, and he started serving dramatically worse. There were a couple of close games, like deuce, advantage, deuce advantage, where I managed to win. And then when I made a double break in the second set, I just felt like he gave up.
Toomorrow Toronto qualies, the field is good so it won't be easy for his current level and mindset
Old 08-07-2010, 12:49 AM   #45
country flag higherlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He was as it's said in this tipsy interview http://www.thedailyforehand.com/2010...evic-interview

Toomorrow Toronto qualies, the field is good so it won't be easy for his current level and mindset
Thanks soulage. At least SOMEONE was paying attention .