On The US Open 2010 Road - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #16
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On The US Open 2010 Road

i agree it's impressive he usually looks like going to a funeral, after a loss, any loss that i had witnessed in aus.
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 08:33 PM   #17
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I found the schedule of LA very strange as they played their first match on monday and their second match only today The draw of Washington is alreday out and he will face Tipsarevic yes again http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/418/mds.pdf
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:03 AM   #18
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

A close loss 12-14 in the super tie-break i just read that they had big lead in the Match tie-break with 9-6 and 5 MP missed. The close losses are never great for confidence even in doubles well he can go to Washington now to try to find the win.
GroundPass is covering the LA tournament and the other the guy said Arnaud was one of his favorite player and today we have a little interview. When the guy starts by saying him he's a superhero of tennis you can in the eyes of Arno that he found that guy crazy A big big fan this Marcus http://groundspass.net/
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 AM   #19
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
A close loss 12-14 in the super tie-break i just read that they had big lead in the Match tie-break with 9-6 and 5 MP missed. The close losses are never great for confidence even in doubles well he can go to Washington now to try to find the win.
GroundPass is covering the LA tournament and the other the guy said Arnaud was one of his favorite player and today we have a little interview. When the guy starts by saying him he's a superhero of tennis you can in the eyes of Arno that he found that guy crazy A big big fan this Marcus http://groundspass.net/

Old 08-02-2010, 12:36 AM   #20
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi! I'm alive!!

Apparently Arnaud will play his first match in Washington on Tuesday. My plan is to be there! I will post a match update and possibly some of my notorious blurry pictures!
higherlaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
country flag Via

i can remember how i used to feel alive around tennis! lol

i can remember too that you missed arno the last time?... have fun!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #22
country flag higherlaw

higherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond reputehigherlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via View Post
i can remember how i used to feel alive around tennis! lol

i can remember too that you missed arno the last time?... have fun!
Actually he missed me! I was there. He was not.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #23
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been online a lot lately, just on my phone, so I completely missed the thread. Already so much news in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
I'm a fan of arnaud since 2001 and I do understand why people are harsh with him ! He deserves these comments, sorry
If only one day, someone in the crowd could say him how stupid / bad educated he is when he behaves like that
Me and my sister are fans from 2001 too
And (as usual, lol) I don't understand, cause most of the time I agree with him. I'm as easily annoyed by people, especially when frustrated. I think it's better to behave badly on court and nice off court than the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliem View Post
Yeah for some of his reactions I agree but not when he's complaining about people making noise on the stands (when they really make noise of course Lol). When you are watching a tennis match you should respect the players (silence between points ect..) - the lack of education is also for these people.

Quote:
Smyczek beats easily Nishikori yesterday. Arno had a pratice session with Baghdatis yerterday and they play doubles today as last match in night session on center court.

As we sayed Arno can be a diva on courts I found this on a forum http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...ad.php?t=17596 , it's from a volunteer in LA. He can be a nice guy even after a loss

And then saturday
Great story. He's the cutest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
Hi! I'm alive!!

Apparently Arnaud will play his first match in Washington on Tuesday. My plan is to be there! I will post a match update and possibly some of my notorious blurry pictures!
Hi! How are you?
Have fun in Washington! And your pics aren't blurry, I love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlaw View Post
Actually he missed me! I was there. He was not.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #24
country flag Via

Janko Tipsarevic def. Arnaud Clement 6-4, 6-0

... only have the score here. when we get some reports, chances are we'll have another a discussion on our disagreement on his behaviour lol
Old 08-04-2010, 08:12 AM   #25
country flag soulage

I read that he was 3-0 up in the first set so it means that then he lost 12 games to win 1 It was a tough opponent but i didn't expect a big loss like that. His stats on serve are amazing 38% of first serve with 23% during second set Is his elbow painful or does he serve more crappy each day I don't know if he will stay in the US all the month cos it must be long for him. If he lost early in Toronto maybe he could change his schedule.

A pic on that twitter http://tweetphoto.com/36657927 just before the match he was polite Via

Arnaud Clement! Nearly walked right into him, but nice guy said 'Excuse Me' - w/ french accent of course

Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #26
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or did Lacoste give him a shirt that's a size too large?
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #27
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Big loss i'm afraid for him, he was playing like that with this low percentage of first serve when he was hurt last summer - maybe the elbow protection is not as efficient as it was. I hope I'm wrong I don't want him join Seb' too quickly

His smile is so cute on this pic . I agree this shirt is really too large ! I saw that also on a pic with Erlich in L.A (on flickr).
Old 08-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #28
country flag Via

Quote:
I read that he was 3-0 up in the first set so it means that then he lost 12 games to win 1 It was a tough opponent but i didn't expect a big loss like that. His stats on serve are amazing 38% of first serve with 23% during second set Is his elbow painful or does he serve more crappy each day I don't know if he will stay in the US all the month cos it must be long for him. If he lost early in Toronto maybe he could change his schedule.

A pic on that twitter http://tweetphoto.com/36657927 just before the match he was polite Via

Arnaud Clement! Nearly walked right into him, but nice guy said 'Excuse Me' - w/ french accent of course

very sweet smile here... yes it could only be before the match! lol

now we just need higherlaw to come back with her story. at least she'd have caught him this time.

(my arm is sore too, but that's only from playing wii tennis )
Old 08-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #29
country flag soulage

Anyway this shirt is awful This summer collection is not great For his elbow i don't know but it could explain his problems we'll see but he's never very talkative about his injuries. Talking about the elbow protection Bennet was training with the same we can see it on one of the pic of the twitter i posted. Arno invented a new tennis accessory

Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #30
country flag higherlaw

I love Court 2 as it only has about four rows of bleachers and no fence between the crowd and the court, so I was happy to see that Arnaud would play on that court. I went over there after watching Julien lose. In walked Tipsarevic all dressed in black, with a tennis bag on wheels! I guessed that most people were there to see him and not Arnaud. My first impression of Arnaud was that he was really the most tanned I'd ever seen him. The first set started out fine, with Janko yelling several times throughout about his own play or about his disappointment over a line call. Arnaud had a similar outburst. I didn't think that the level of play was so great, but there were several nice winners by both players. (I'm sorry I can't confirm that he was up 3-0 in the first set, as the scoreboard wasn't working at the beginning and I was answering emails on my phone and finding out that Gasquet had retired...).

Arnaud totally took his sweet time at the change-over by s-l-o-w-l-y changing his socks, shirt and bandana. The last point of the first game in the second set is what I assume made him lose his focus. He complained about the call and stared at the umpire for a long, long time. I knew right then that it was the beginning of the end. He totally let it get under his skin and that was that! As the match went on there were a few good winners, but I found my mind wandering as it wasn't very interesting. I can't believe I'm saying that, but the rest of the match was really rather boring, so I plotted the remaining matches I would see that evening, namely--Llodra and Simon.

Arnaud was sshhh-ing the people in the stands and honestly, I can't really blame him. Some people have no clue (or am I a tennis snob?). Roddick played last night and he brings out the "lightweight" tennis fans who really have no idea about tennis-watching etiquette. However, I have seen Arnaud complain about a plane flying over so he really seems to lose his focus sometimes!

He left in a rush and maybe that's the last time I'll see him?

It was off to Micka whose service motion was so much like mine :!! He's apparently injured. Simon was a real treat to watch so the night was not all bad for me!

One more thing I forgot: his treatment of the ball kids was not too bad, but there was one time (when I was paying attention) that he wouldn't give the kid the towel back until he put the balls on his racquet. Seems pointless.

Last edited by higherlaw : 08-04-2010 at 02:08 PM.