RafaChat Part 28 - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #751
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Pre-AO Anxiety Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurray View Post
See, that's the thing. That guy was clearly an excellent ukulele player, but the instrument itself has a...comical sound to it. I think you just can't escape the fact that it's a bit of a caricature, no matter how well it's played. At least he picked a good song.
That'll be the last time I supplicate you with a ukelele-related Youtube link then.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #752
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The AO Battlefield Chat Thread

i've discovered this new tea that i love

first of all, that cat pic did its job you guys are strangely susceptible to kittens with big heads i thought it looked a bit non-cat like personally

metis, if you would just quote me as you did before, i wouldn't have to go scouring the internet for these pics

jm are you feeling better now? muzza's pressers are worshiped while rogi's are derided and he's still not a slam winner. on mtf, that's NID

nole

i don't mind the snooker talk (i actually know some names now thanks to andreea) but i object to muzza and nole picspam. if they're in here, i'll be spamming with roger like there's no tomorrow

speaking of which, i said tsongito many times yesterday but i see hilde has not made good on her threat yet

cheryl's list of marriage proposals is way longer than my list of favorite players i'll need to add more soon to keep up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #753
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
BD is the latest in a line of posters being proposed to...
Somebody in GM proposed to me the other day. Because I'd insulted Gustavo.

Quote:
1) Who could prove him wrong? Unless he provides evidence of his ukulele playing abilities (as JM has done of his singing and guitar playing) I refuse to be persuaded by such claims.
2)
3) If he didn't know what the instrument was I think it's a safe bet to assume he did't know how to play it either.

Number 3 is a good point. I'll concede that one.
cmurray is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #754
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

and separately because it deserves it, apart from that pink stripe, rafito looked in that picture. so much fierce concentration

he is with good illusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #755
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I'm afraid your Swiss Master will let you down but well, we'll all know the result in a bit more than 2 weeks.
or in 3 days in the best case
Old 01-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #756
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post

the trust is that a womam knows what she want so............. u cant have /hide flop like u could do with a young girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor Dandy View Post
Ukeleles are novelty instruments in the hands of anyone other than a true expert. I own two, but I never play them because....they're novelty instruments. No one cares.
I'll have to agree with that, sorry Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
You'll soon be too old for my standards... Women over 30 are useless
I feel crushed

Quote:
That is typical old women's excuse for their man not touching them anymore...

Quote:
Strongly disagree. You'll like this, Tappy:

Great stuff!

Quote:
That is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I only remember the key words now in most cases and need google to remind me what it was all about
The important thing is that you will remember and understand again which is not the case for someone who has never studied that before.

Last edited by Metis : 01-16-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #757
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Strongly disagree. You'll like this, Tappy:

I LOVED THAT!

Thanks SO much! I was fascinated. His fingering was magnificent. The tone And I loved the way his whole personality morphed during the performance. He was little geeky feminine (slightly pretentious) guy when he introduced the number, and then after a while he became this mini-flamenco stud muffin. I love men when they are being fabulous musicians. I don't know. It just does something to me.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #758
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Bibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond reputeBibberz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
There is more to the story. She was a teenager at the time and when her father found out about it, he immediately bought her a mandolin. When he came home with the mandolin his wife threw a tantrum about the wasted money (they had 7 kids) but he said "my daughter wants to play the mandolin, she will have a mandolin! "
See, this--this--is worth talking about. I love these "old country" stories. Is the mandolin still in the Metis family? How well can you play the mandolin?

EDIT: Star, that guy is all over Youtube. He's also written a lot of original material.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:17 PM   #759
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See, that's the thing. That guy was clearly an excellent ukulele player, but the instrument itself has a...comical sound to it. I think you just can't escape the fact that it's a bit of a caricature, no matter how well it's played. At least he picked a good song.
When I listened to it I thought, oh, it's sort of like a harpsicord in comparison with a piano. Forced to choose, I'd choose the piano, but the harpiscord has charm too. I actually liked the sound. It had a slightly music box quality to it.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #760
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
first of all, that cat pic did its job you guys are strangely susceptible to kittens with big heads i thought it looked a bit non-cat like personally

metis, if you would just quote me as you did before, i wouldn't have to go scouring the internet for these pics
All the more reason for me to not quote you

WG

Quote:
Somebody in GM proposed to me the other day. Because I'd insulted Gustavo.
Now I know what to do if I want to find a husband!
Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #761
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:

There is more to the story. She was a teenager at the time and when her father found out about it, he immediately bought her a mandolin. When he came home with the mandolin his wife threw a tantrum about the wasted money (they had 7 kids) but he said "my daughter wants to play the mandolin, she will have a mandolin! "
awwwww I love her father. What a mensch. There always has to be money for music (and books too). What a wonderful gift he gave her. So much more than simply a mandolin.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #762
country flag Bibberz
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA

Since the ukelele clip was so well received----I'm quite certain you will love this guy:

He's a fucking legend.

EDIT: I was in Balboa Park twice last year, but I didn't hear about this guy until quite recently.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 PM   #763
country flag cmurray

cmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond reputecmurray has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That'll be the last time I supplicate you with a ukelele-related Youtube link then.
Holy shit! I laughed for probably a minute. That was
Old 01-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #764
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
When I listened to it I thought, oh, it's sort of like a harpsicord in comparison with a piano. Forced to choose, I'd choose the piano, but the harpiscord has charm too. I actually liked the sound. It had a slightly music box quality to it.
You're right, that's exactly what it sounds like. Honestly WATCHING him play was more enjoyable than listening. He's clearly gifted.

It might be a matter of taste. I don't tend to like high-pitched instruments. I enjoy the cello more than the violin, the sax more than the flute.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:27 PM   #765
country flag cmurray

Quote:
Since the ukelele clip was so well received----I'm quite certain you will love this guy:

He's a fucking legend.

EDIT: I was in Balboa Park twice last year, but I didn't hear about this guy until quite recently.
Whoa! He can do that with his TOES???!?!!!
Closed Thread