Sorry, I think you are wrong - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #1
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sorry, I think you are wrong

"we have a banned users thread to stop all the pm's and new threads : where's so and so? Why's so and so banned?

Read the rules....you don't like them...tough....apparently we need them you break them, face the concequences...

as this thread is clearly going the wrong way...it's closed as of now."

(Posted by -~Carlita~-)

I am a big supporter of the mods on here and have made no secret of the fact, but I think you have made a mistake in closing that particular thread.

There has to be somewhere an ordinary poster can voice their concerns when, rightly or wrongly, they see something which they believe to be unfair.

If the banned users thread was updated promptly after any ban I would be happy, and so, I think would everybody else.

But imposing a ban and then not updating the banned users thread for hours or days afterwards leaves people asking questions, and surely we/they have a right to ask politely for the facts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sorry, I think you are wrong

The mods/admins didn't have to do a banned users thread at all But i do agree that it should be up-to-date or not at all. Personally, I think they should keep it to a list of permabanned members - then if someone who is banned is not on the list other posters can assume they will be back at some point and not ask mods/admins questions.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I really want to know who all the double accounts are ? Say like Andy Neyer ; I am dying to know who his/her alter ego is. And since he spouted so much anti-Israeli sentiment and stirred up trouble I think I and others have a right to know.
Maybe I should have taken that mod job ages ago. How silly was I?
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate the banned-user-thread a lot. It's good to see a complete collection of who is banned and for how long (the "for what" is rather irrelevant imo) in contrast to the concealment policy on TF.

To keep it uptodate, my suggestion would be that any of the technical admins programs a feature, a list (available only to admins) which automatically displays all currently blocked users including the date, the duration and the offence. This way it would be no more than copy+paste and done in 5 seconds to update it once or twice a week. Or available to anybody and no thread anymore.
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

how long does it take to write in who's banned, for how long and why.
2 minutes at most.
i don't see why the mods keeping telling us they don't have time.
of course maybe they can't be bothered or just forget...all the time

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #6
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista View Post
how long does it take to write in who's banned, for how long and why.
2 minutes at most.
i don't see why the mods keeping telling us they don't have time.
of course maybe they can't be bothered or just forget...all the time
they are working hard on things! they have a life outside MTF!

I applaud Moderators for dealing with the racist, trolling, and rude posters, but can you keep us updated? I understand if it is alot going on and you can't!
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #7
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Sorry, I think you are wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMedia View Post
they are working hard on things! they have a life outside MTF!

I applaud Moderators for dealing with the racist, trolling, and rude posters, but can you keep us updated? I understand if it is alot going on and you can't!
of course they have a life outside of mtf, but it takes 2/3 minutes max to update the thread.
it would be nice if they updated it every time a poster was banned, which is, when you think about it, not that often.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:02 AM   #8
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute

my question is "why do you worry about banned posters?" I only worried about AndyNeyer.
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #9
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualMedia View Post
my question is "why do you worry about banned posters?" I only worried about AndyNeyer.
i've been here a whole year longer than you, so i know more posters that have been banned.
i for one want to know why and how long they're banned.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #10
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i've been here a whole year longer than you, so i know more posters that have been banned.
i for one want to know why and how long they're banned.
why?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
why?
just cause.
i would like to know why posters (most i know) have been banned.
same as anyone on here.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM   #12
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Quote:

same as anyone on here.
Not those who have lives
Old 07-20-2010, 11:52 PM   #13
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by safin-rules-no.1 View Post
Not those who have lives
I have no life because I want to know why some posters I know were banned?

If someone you knew was banned, would you want to know why?

Old 07-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #14
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Quote:
If someone you knew was banned, would you want to know why?
If i knew them that well i'd ask them another way - msn, email, facebook, etc...Finding out why an MTF poster was banned isn't at the top of my daily list of things to do
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #15
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

It isn't on mine either, but I would rather know than not know