Andy Murray: The Future of Tennis!!! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #31
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray and Del Potro: The Future of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset_Vista View Post
i am not being biased at all
to suggest that any other player will replace nadal and federer is preposterous.
no other player will, only these 2.
as i've already said, these two will take over the tour.

You are the most biased poster I have seen on this board. Del Potro is in another class from Murray. He stepped up in his only grand slam final and won against Federer because of his aggressive, no fear game. What has Murray done in his finals to suggest he wins all these majors? Nothing. I think he could win 1 or 2 slams when his career is all said and done but let's not get carried away here..

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Andy Murray--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Donald Young--Nick Kyrgios--Mardy Fish--Richard Gasquet--David Ferrer--Somdev Devvarman.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2010, 05:25 AM   #32
country flag Priam

Priam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond reputePriam has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't see how Murray and his style of play is the future of tennis. He might sneak in a few slams (I agree with you probably USO or AO), but players in the mold of Delpo, Soderling and Berdych will dominate IMO.
Priam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:27 AM   #33
country flag kindling

kindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond reputekindling has a reputation beyond repute

If they're the future, tennis has lost a fan.
kindling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #34
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
federer has started to decline, though he'll stick around a few more years and will win atleast 2 more slams.
nadal's tendinitis has started to catch up to him, as his play style is very straining on his body, especially on hardcourts.
nadal will burn out in 3 years max and federer won't be anywhere near what he is atm in 3 years...

this leaves the domination of tennis up for grabs for a few players: djokovic, tsonga, soderling, berdych, del potro, murray, cilic etc.
players that have their best ahead of them and are still to reach their prime. most big hitters with big serves.
out of all these there are two that i think will dominate the tour for years to come: del potro and murray
these two have already showed how good they are already, and they still haven't reached their prime
murray still has a long way to come on clay, but delpo is very comfortable on that surface. likewise delpo has a way to come on grass, while murray is comfortable on it.
both have 3 slams they can win, maybe 4 if they can improve on the other surface.

as the us open is coming, i think murray is one of the heavy favourites for the title. since delpo isn't in his way because of injury, i think he'll grab his first slam title this year at the us open.
next year, both will be here, and both will hopefully be healthy and fit and playing their best tennis. both can play well at the aus open, so either of them can win. since nadal isn't as comfortable on hard as them, and federer isn't at his best anymore, i think delpo or murray will win the aus open. rg will be nadal's, wimbledon will be federer, then back to hardcourt slams.

this is the timeline of how i think the next few slam winners will be:

2010: UO: Murray
2011: AO: Murray
2011: RG: Nadal
2011 Wim: Federer
2011: UO: Del Potro
2012: AO: Murray
2012: RG: Nadal
2012: Wim: Federer
2012: UO: Murray
2013: AO: Del Potro
2013: RG: Del Potro
2013: Wim: Murray
2013: UO: Del Potro
2014????

this is how i think the next few years will go in the slams, murray and del potro dominating hardcourt, murray dominating grass and del potro dominating clay. nadal will win the next few roland garros titles, but del potro will start to take over. federer will win another two wimbledon's then murray will take over.
the hardcourt masters will go to either murray or del potro, i think mostly to murray.
the claycourt masters will go to del potro, as murray isn't very comfortable on clay

now soderling, berdych could win a slam somewhere there i think, most likely on grass imo. and they could win a ms every now and then, but for a few years i think the dominating forces of tennis will be these two: juan martin del potro and andy murray. of course a new player could come along and dominate just like federer did, but it looks unlikely atm.

discuss...
uber negative and plain wishful thinking.......murray was ripped apart like a banana leaf just a couple weeks ago and del potro is still not back on the tour.......

nadal is the one who has won 8 slams already and knows how to do it.......we are in the nadal era and they will have to fight like no other day to snatch even 1 slam from him in the next 1 year.......deal with it.......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #35
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
uber negative and plain wishful thinking.......murray was ripped apart like a banana leaf just a couple weeks ago and del potro is still not back on the tour.......

nadal is the one who has won 8 slams already and knows how to do it.......we are in the nadal era and they will have to fight like no other day to snatch even 1 slam from him in the next 1 year.......deal with it.......
Murray did have a set point on his serve in the 2nd set and led 4-2 in the 3rd set with a break at Wimbledon so hardly ripped apart. Murray has also won his last AO and USO matches against Nadal.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #36
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

discuss...
okay,i will discuss.

at his 14(not a proper teen yet)sapeod/daniel/dirthless/twiglight_vista a.k.a "i'm so stupid,ban me 12th time please" rides again.

to orka n
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #37
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

murray: yes
Del Potro: no
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #38
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

why don't we wait to say Federer and Nadal are done until it's actually proven that they are done.

Holding 3 out of the 4 slams isn't a decline imo.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #39
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
Murray did have a set point on his serve in the 2nd set and led 4-2 in the 3rd set with a break at Wimbledon so hardly ripped apart. Murray has also won his last AO and USO matches against Nadal.
Blah blah.. Nadal wasn't even playing well int he Wimb SF and it was still NID.

Glory, you so delusional.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #40
country flag Matt_2745

Matt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt_2745 has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of years ago I would have backed Murray (along with Djokovic), to be one of the two to rise and eventually usurp Federer/Nadal but now I am not so sure. I still think that Murray will win a few slams, indeed it has taken Federer or Nadal to stop him in quite a few over the last couple of years and those two legends of the game can't go on winning forever, but unless Murray can improve his forehand/second serve, I don't think that he has enough to become a long-term number one or dominate the game for any period of time.

Del Potro I suspect probably has more of a chance, but only if he can come back and recapture the form that he displayed during 2009 following this wrist injury. Wouldn't like to just assume that he will come back as the same player but if he can there I am sure he will be one of the main contenders during the next decade.

The fascinating one for me is Djokovic as in 2008 he was really on the level of the top guys and looked like he would go on and win several slams but now it's impossible to know which Djokovic will show up from match to match. I would think that he has too much talent not to turn it around eventually but it doesn't look to be coming just yet.

Regarding the Tsongas and the Soderlings of this world it's a strange one, in truth I don't see them as domination material but with Federer on the slide, it's a great chance for someone to step up and try to fill the void and I don't see many youngsters surging up the rankings like Del Potro and Murray did.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:29 AM   #41
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray and Del Potro: The Future of Tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Pretty much. Only Everko can compete with this.

that says it all
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:38 AM   #42
country flag rubbERR
Banned!

rubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond reputerubbERR has a reputation beyond repute

typical mtf retardess, dismissing the obvious, is it so hard to face reality?

murray is top 5 and del potro was top 5 before his injury so its fair to say that they are future
rubbERR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:49 AM   #43
country flag marvin0211

marvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
typical mtf retardess, dismissing the obvious, is it so hard to face reality?

murray is top 5 and del potro was top 5 before his injury so its fair to say that they are future
murray is 23 yrs old he should be the present of tennis not the future, no. 1 player of the world right now is 24 barring injuries he still is a big favorite in at least 2 GS (W and FO) and also a favorite in AO and is always a contender in USO. he better make his move now or the window will be closing on him soon.

Del Potro is still young and if he recovers his form last yr because of injury can be dominating force in HC but not on grass and clay but it will not be a factor i guess until 2012(this is a wrist surgery and is a serious one for tennis since wrist affect his stroke so its not sure if he will be a 100% recovery or if the wrist injury will not reoccur again), so del Potro future is still an asterisk
marvin0211 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #44
country flag christallh24

christallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond reputechristallh24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
can't see anyone but nadal being a challenge to him on clay in the future.
Little one, where are you getting this JesusDelPo on clay from? Has he even a final let alone a title on clay?

Quote:
imo he'll only win at roland garros from now on.
Didn't you say something like this before he won Wimbledon?

Quote:
murray hasn't gotten any slams because he met jesusfed in both finals. now that jesusfed isn't here anymore, he can win some.
It took Murray more than a year to get back to a major final and Roger is gone? Really? Where? I'd sooner put money on Roger winning than Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
I'm sure that's not right, a newcomer like Giraldo or Bellucci will get some.
I usually ignore you as are a Rafa hater, but I like you went outside the box here. I was really entertained by Giraldo against Ferrero and Bellucci against Rafa. He did not let Rafa off easy during their match at RG. I hope to see more of these players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
why don't we wait to say Federer and Nadal are done until it's actually proven that they are done.

Holding 3 out of the 4 slams isn't a decline imo.
That's exactly how I see things. Roger's gonna be winning his 17th.
christallh24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #45
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

sorry who is winning on grass if not Federer and Nadal?