Andy Murray: The Future of Tennis!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Andy Murray: The Future of Tennis!!!

Federer has started to decline, though he'll stick around a few more years and will win atleast 2 more slams.
Nadal's tendinitis has started to catch up to him, as his play style is very straining on his body, especially on hardcourts.
Nadal will burn out in 3 years max and Federer won't be anywhere near what he is atm in 3 years...

This leaves the domination of tennis up for grabs for a few players: Djokovic, Tsonga, Soderling, Berdych, Del potro, Murray, Cilic etc.
Players that have their best ahead of them and are still to reach their prime. Most big hitters with big serves.
Out of all these there are two that are top players, but I think only one will dominate the tour for years to come: Andy Murray.
He has already showed how good he can be, but he still hasn't reached his prime.
Murray still has a long way to come on clay, but is very comfortable on grass and hardcourt. He has 3 slams he could win, but I think he could be a threat for the RG title if he gets better on clay.
I think Murray is one of the heavy favourites for the hardcourt titles. I think he could get his first slam in 2011. Next year, both will be here, but it is unknown if Del Potro will get back to his best. I don't think so, so Murray will have one less player in the way. He can win it. Since Nadal isn't a threat to him on hard, and Federer isn't at his best anymore (though he's a still great and will win a few more slams), I think Murray will win the Oz Open. RG will be Nadal's again, Wimbledon will be Federer's, then back to hardcourt slams, which will be either Federer or Murray's.

This is the timeline of how I think the next few slam winners will be:

Australian Open: Andy Murray
Roland Garros: Rafael Nadal?
Wimbledon Championships: Roger Federer
United States Open: Andy Murray
Roland Garros: Rafael Nadal???
Wimbledon Championships: Roger Federer
Olympic Gold: Andy Murray
Roland Garros: Andy Murray
Wimbledon Championships: Andy Murray
????
??????

This is how I think the next few years will go in the slams, Murray dominating hardcourt with Federer sticking around winning some slams, Murray dominating grass and Nadal continuing to dominate clay. Nadal will win the next few Roland Garros titles, and I have no idea who will take over from him. Murray could win Roland Garros sometime if he plays well enough. Federer will win another two Wimbledon's and a few hardcourt slams.
The hardcourt masters will go to mostly Murray.
The claycourt masters will go to Nadal, obviously.

Now, Soderling could win a slam somewhere there I think, most likely on hardcourt in my opinion. And he could win an MS every now and then (Soderling won his first in Paris), but for a few years I think the dominating force of tennis (at least on hardcourt and grass) will be Murray. Of course a new player could come along and dominate just like Federer did, but it looks unlikely at the moment.

2013 will be Murray's peak year. He will have developed and improved greatly on clay and I see him winning all of the slams that year...that will be Murray's year.

Discuss...

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...

Last edited by Sapeod : 02-15-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray and Del Potro: The Future of Tennis?

Quote:
2010: UO: Murray
2011: AO: Murray
2011: RG: Nadal
2011 Wim: Federer
2011: UO: Del Potro
2012: AO: Murray
2012: RG: Nadal
2012: Wim: Federer
2012: UO: Murray
2013: AO: Del Potro
2013: RG: Del Potro
2013: Wim: Murray
2013: UO: Del Potro
2014????
wrong! you may hate Nadal, but you need to give him some credit!

Murray isnt ready for the USO!

next year murray can make a splash, but this year no!
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

worst ever predictions i've ever seen
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
Pretty much. Only Everko can compete with this.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Murray and Del Potro: The Future of Tennis?

think about it for a second and maybe you'll see the truth.
muzza is ready for a slam title, and will get one this year imo, delpo wants more.
if delpo becomes better on grass which i'm sure he will, he could get the calendar slam and maybe even win all 4 slams in a year.
murray still has a long way if he wants to win rg, which i'm very sure he won't win. del potro is just too good on clay and then there's still nadal.
both could win up to 7 slams each by the end of 2014, and i am very confident they will.
we are talking at 2 of the most talented players of our age. and they still haven't reached their peak.

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

murray is not going to win a slam imo and i also can't see federer winning another one. same goes to berdych and soderling.

del potro might win another slam but surely not 5 within 3 years.

nadal will win the most slams of all players in the next 2-3 years imo.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
country flag marvin0211

marvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond reputemarvin0211 has a reputation beyond repute

and you think fed will won 2011 and 2012 Wimbledon( i dont think so he can sneak up 1 but not 2 unless nadal gets injured), murray is not the future of tennis he is in his prime now should have won gs by now he is not federer who matured late 3yrs from now maybe another player will be dominating, del potro let see about the effect of wrist injury(if he can recover on it and if he can recapture his game)

well since you put question mark on that its just your wish coz they are your favorite but one thing i will say a healthy nadal will win at least 2 slams next yr
marvin0211 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
murray is not going to win a slam imo and i also can't see federer winning another one. same goes to berdych and soderling.

del potro might win another slam but surely not 5 within 3 years.

nadal will win the most slams of all players in the next 2-3 years imo.
If Federer recovers his interest in the game and fitness he is still as good as any player on tour. Nadal will dominate clay, but struggle on hard courts.

Djokovic is a potential winner although he struggles when he tries to diversify his game and use more variety.

Still not convinced by Del Potro, Soderling, Berdych etc.

Beyond Nadal and Federer, Murray is the best and most able with the most complete game of the rest.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #9
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Del potro will surely win much more than murray if he gets fit again.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #10
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Pretty much. Only Everko can compete with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin0211 View Post
and you think fed will won 2011 and 2012 Wimbledon( i dont think so he can sneak up 1 but not 2 unless nadal gets injured), murray is not the future of tennis he is in his prime now should have won gs by now he is not federer who matured late 3yrs from now maybe another player will be dominating, del potro let see about the effect of wrist injury(if he can recover on it and if he can recapture his game)

well since you put question mark on that its just your wish coz they are your favorite but one thing i will say a healthy nadal will win at least 2 slams next yr
But who will replace Federer and Nadal.

?
Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #11
country flag Aaric

Aaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond reputeAaric has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the laugh

Djokovic·Soderling
Aaric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #12
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Murray might win 1 or 2 slams but he's not and has never been "the future of tennis". Power hitters like Berdych and Soderling can destroy him right now and I don't think Murray's gonna improve much more, why should he?
Del Potro might win another slam but his level isn't that much higher than Soderling's. Delpo and Murray are NEVER going to dominate the tour Jesusfed style.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:50 PM   #13
country flag DrJules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibracadabra View Post
Del potro will surely win much more than murray if he gets fit again.
Also like to see how Del Potro returns before I make predictions, although Murray did have Del Potro's number.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #14
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post
But who will replace Federer and Nadal?
No one. I expect there will be more variety to the slam winners in the near future.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:05 AM   #15
country flag Persimmon

Persimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond repute

Fed will win a couple more slams and Nadal will win about 4 more slams.

Del Potro is the best of the rest, when healthy and without a doubt. He was good enough to beat Rafa and Fed back to back at a slam. So I see Del Potro winning a maximum of 6 slams if he stays healthy. Otherwise if he gets injured too often then maybe 4 slams maximum.

Murray and Nole might win a couple of slams at least.

Not sure if the likes of Cilic, Tsonga, Berdych, Isner and Soderling will ever win 1. Maybe. Maybe not.
Persimmon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote