Andy Murray's Ferrari for sale - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
country flag WhataQT

WhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond reputeWhataQT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Andy Murray's Ferrari for sale

Dad's relief as Andy Murray's Ferrari goes on sale!
Published Date: 17 July 2010
By GEORGE MAIR

ANDY MURRAY'S dad has admitted his relief after the tennis ace told him he planned to sell his £135,000 Ferrari F430.

Willie Murray, 55, said he had feared for his 23-year-old son's safety driving the powerful sports car he bought just five months after passing his test.

He said he only breathed a sigh of relief when the British number one told him he was too embADVERTISEMENTarrassed to drive the fire-red Italian convertible and planned to get rid of it.

Mr Murray, who stayed in London with oldest son Jamie, 24, as Andy reached the Wimbledon semis, said: "I was down in London at the world championships and got a ride in Andy's new Ferrari.

"He picked me up in it and took me to his house, but I wasn't all that chuffed about it.

"I didn't think he should be driving something like that when he'd just passed his test.

"That's me just being a dad, I suppose.

"I was just concerned because it's a very powerful car. It worried me. But he's made up his mind he's going to sell it.

"I just felt that for a young driver not long passed his test it wasn't the best car. Maybe in a few years when he's a more experienced driver, but he's being sensible.

"He has a few other cars, a Range Rover and some smaller cars that he drives around in so he's fine. They're more modest.

"He's doing the right thing so good on him."

Dunblane ace Andy said of his Ferrari: "I don't drive it.

"I realised when I got out of it I felt like an idiot. I don't really feel like that's me. I was never into cars."

Murray was first spotted driving the Ferrari last year.

In 2007, Murray said his most indulgent purchase had been a Playstation 2, but times have changed, and so has his earning power.

The British tennis number one passed his test in 2009 and just a month after splitting up with his on-off girlfriend Kim Sears he bought the £135,000 F430 Spider.

Murray is believed to have earned £2.25 million last year from his tennis and decided to treat himself to the state-of-the-art Italian sports car.

It is understood that he is not replacing the sold Ferrari with another sports car, choosing instead to get around in his Range Rover.

However, his father's fears over the purchase appear to be well-founded, with a long list of celebrities coming to grief in Ferraris.

Last year, Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo wrecked his Ferrari in a tunnel near Manchester Airport while on his way to training.

And while Cristiano walked away from the crash unharmed, his car wasn't so lucky.

http://news.scotsman.com/news/Dad39s...39s.6425450.jp
WhataQT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Murray's Ferrari for sale

I'm not surprised he's selling it really, I didn't think Ferrari was him either, he's not the flash sportscar type.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #3
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he should consider an Audi R8 or something now...
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #4
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Good for him! Andy seems very level headed and down to earth with no desire to show off with some super expensive sports car or other status symbol.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
country flag borracho

borracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond reputeborracho has a reputation beyond repute

Pushers shouldn't drive Ferrari's indeed.
borracho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
country flag MariusD
Banned!

MariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond reputeMariusD has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think a lot of people would feel embarassed when driving a Ferrari, but that's just me.
MariusD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
country flag jadey

jadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond reputejadey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borracho View Post
how original
jadey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #8
country flag e476

e476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond reputee476 has a reputation beyond repute

His Ferrari is about as bright and flashy as it gets. He seems more like a quiet, introverted type.
e476 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:25 AM   #9
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by borracho View Post
yep, he should opt for a Fiat Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
yep, he should opt for a Fiat Panda
Robin Reliant.

I'm in agreement with scoobs - it's not really him.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
country flag Persimmon

Persimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond reputePersimmon has a reputation beyond repute

Time to buy an Aston Martin.
Persimmon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #12
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

has a ferrarri ever made anyone look good?

it just oozes lameness

im not a hater, i respect the machine but the price is wayyyy too much, you pay for the lame ass brand and badge

anyone tell me in what possible way is that ferrarri better than a nissan GTR

answer none

i think the ferrarri enzo looks hideous, i think ferrarri haven't made a good car in 15 years

i think the f40 was the their pinacle, and after that they went downhill

and for $130 000 murray could have had the ford gt40, the greatest car ever made, with a history as good as any ferrarri
Old 07-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #13
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

He should give the car to Miles Maclagan to thank him for all his work.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:10 PM   #14
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

What is the saying? You can see how a person is by the car he is driving? Well, it doesn't fit Murray. I'm glad he got rid of the Ferrari. It's not "him" sorta say. He would be more comfortable in a classier car I think.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote