Well it wasn't a new losing technique but it was a good one nonetheless. Bye HC Seaso - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #61
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our expectations are so low, any decent result would be a surprise (Hardcourt Sea

Soooo apparently the thing to do is to get a new coach, first Roger, now Andy Murray...as much as I think Larry has been great for Andy's game...well until recently, I think Andy should pick up the phone and give Brad Gilbert a call.
Heather1229 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #62
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our expectations are so low, any decent result would be a surprise (Hardcourt Sea

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo andy started his downward spiral under Brad and never really recovered

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #63
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bad fan, I keep my expectations so low, that I don't even expect a win with Bye

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #64
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo andy started his downward spiral under Brad and never really recovered
Yes, but also he played some of his best stuff under Brad. The aggresive tennis we all love. Actually if there is someone appropriate to replace Larry I think Brad is the best option. But from what I've heard from Andy when asked, this is absolutely impossible. And Andy doesn't seem to be looking for a new coach. Besides that, I don't think the problem is in the coach, but in Andy's head.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #65
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodfanpe666o View Post
Yes, but also he played some of his best stuff under Brad. The aggresive tennis we all love. Actually if there is someone appropriate to replace Larry I think Brad is the best option. But from what I've heard from Andy when asked, this is absolutely impossible. And Andy doesn't seem to be looking for a new coach. Besides that, I don't think the problem is in the coach, but in Andy's head.
It is always in the head...Andy know what to do and how to play but he does not believe right now. Hope it changes soon. He should read Brad's book again, Winning Ugly.It is not important if you do not have nice strokes, as long as you win the point and break the opponent.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:51 PM   #66
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Bruce Jenkins is challenging Andy, trying to light a little fire under his ass. Everybody knows Andy loves his top-dog status in the US. These are fighting words.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ish/index.html
Fish may have surpassed Roddick as America's best tennis player

With the U.S. Open only a few weeks away, Mardy Fish might be the best tennis player in America -- a pretty sweet notion if you've been among his loyal fans all these years.

Otherwise, a question: Has it really come to that?

In essence, there's nothing new to report on the issue of U.S. men at the highest level. When Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi departed, it ended an unbroken run of high-stakes accomplishment dating back to Bill Tilden's time. We were left with Andy Roddick, still stuck on a single major title for his career, and a bunch of guys with little or no chance to get there.

American men's tennis is sort of a B-level affair now -- no disgrace, certainly, but nothing to be measured against Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Robin Soderling, Tomas Berdych and maybe two or three others (welcome back Juan Martin del Potro to that group if he doesn't rush his recovery from wrist surgery). Those are the first names that come to mind when something really important is at stake.

Roddick has reached the point where, in the opinion of John McEnroe, he'll have to get "lucky" to win another major. And who's to argue? Just when so many observers (including this column) gave him a real chance at Wimbledon, he lost to Yen-Hsun Lu and left the All England Club with his reputation in tatters. For John Isner and Sam Querrey, it's more a matter of time and development, two powerful young guys with eye-opening potential. Fish, who knocked off Roddick and Isner to win the title in Atlanta over the weekend, is the late-blooming wild card with more raw talent than any of them.

The good news is that all four men carry distinct storylines, making each a curiosity as the U.S. Open Series unfolds. Roddick has reached the stage of desperation if he wants to embellish his legacy. Querrey had the courage to admit his exasperation with the tour's heavy grind, quite nearly tanking his way out of the French Open so he could get back to the States for some time off, and his forthright manner made him an intriguing figure. Isner staged a gutty three-day effort in Atlanta to build on his Marathon Man reputation. Fish, 28, has been a lurking threat for years, but only now is he combining fitness and motivation into a deadly package.

Isner was the big story in Atlanta from the beginning, having starred at the University of Georgia (2004-07), and everyone wanted to see the man who needed three days, 183 games and about a million punishing serves to dispatch Nicolas Mahut in that otherworldly Wimbledon match. On Friday, in searing temperatures Isner described as "brutal," he got past Michael Russell to earn a semifinal berth the following day against Kevin Anderson, a South African and former collegiate rival (Illinois).

The weather had become even more oppressive -- an on-court thermometer read 147 degrees -- and Isner survived a discouraging second set to win, 6-3, 6-7(7), 6-3, over some two-and-a-half hours. But he didn't stop there. Isner also played doubles that day, as if to prove that he's a long-haul guy in any city, any day, under any circumstances.

Fish, meanwhile, was taking out Roddick, 7-6(5), 6-3, in the best possible showcase for his newfound desire. If you find it absurd to anoint Fish as America's No. 1 on the basis of a single tournament, you're right. Roddick isn't coming off that throne just yet. But Roddick, more than anyone, knows that Fish is one hell of an athlete. The two are best friends, having trained together routinely over the years, and Fish lived with the Roddick family in 1999 while he was finishing high school.

"We were more like brothers that year," Fish recalled, and Roddick has often said that in terms of all-around ability, Fish has the edge on the strength of his big serves, adroit net game and world-class backhand. At Wimbledon in 2003, Fish was the only player to win a set against Roger Federer. Two years later, he needed two wrist operations and fell to No. 341 in the world, but when he regained full form and routed Federer 6-3, 6-2 at the 2008 Indian Wells event, Federer said, "We all know how good Mardy can be. On days like this, he's really impossible to beat."

It took an episode of knee surgery, last year, to make Fish realize he was running out of time. Through most of his career, he seemed content to have a big game and a lifestyle to match, thoroughly enjoying the exotic side of being a professional tennis player. If you hadn't seen him in a while, you may not have recognized him in Atlanta, a full 30 pounds lighter in the wake of a strict diet and training regimen.

"Losing all that weight was really hard," he said. "I felt like I was starving myself. If it was easy, everyone would do it."

Roddick had to be stunned by the sight of his old friend in such classic form, and when the match was over, he told Fish at the net, "I know how hard you've worked, so enjoy it."

So it was on to the Sunday final, and Isner couldn't have had much left. Fish was the quicker, more opportunistic player through most of the day, and now the courtside temperature was up to 152 degrees. Isner must have taken something away from that Wimbledon match, a sense that he can summon bursts of energy from the depths of exhaustion, for he came out firing. He mixed in some changes of pace with his thunderous serves and massive forehands, making for a titanic battle, and he won the first set. Fish reversed the momentum with a key service break at the end of the second set, but it took all of his guile and conditioning to prevail, 4-6, 6-4, 7-6(4). "It's as good as I've ever been," Fish said afterward.

You can't say that about American men's tennis. You wouldn't dare. Just pay attention to what looks to be a four-man assault on the U.S. Open. They've all given us reason to care.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #67
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

I like Mardy, but I will be interested to see how he does with some expectations on him.

What I think these commentators who are dismissive of Andy forget is that, unlike in past eras, Andy has had to bear the expectations of American tennis alone.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #68
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Andy is also the only American of his generation to win a slam or masters tournament, or reach a slam final. Perhaps, Bruce should wait until another American male has actually won a title of substance before crowning a new king.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #69
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Did he forget that Andy won Brisbane and Miami this year and he was in many finals. What did Fish do exactly ? Win 2 small tourneys and right away, he is the best American. I am so pissed at that guy.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 AM   #70
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so clearly the Brad suggestion didn't go over well!

That Bruce Jenkins article is complete garbage. He's like Greg Couch. Let's talk when another American evens makes it to a Masters series final. Come on now, I mean all credit to Mardy but there's a big difference between 250 tournaments and masters and slams. Not to mention all of the Isner Wimbledon nonsense was getting on my nerves during Atlanta too, I'll give credit where it's due but it was a 1st round match not a final. Let's be realistic here.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #71
country flag andymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1229 View Post

That Bruce Jenkins article is complete garbage. He's like Greg Couch. Let's talk when another American evens makes it to a Masters series final. Come on now, I mean all credit to Mardy but there's a big difference between 250 tournaments and masters and slams. Not to mention all of the Isner Wimbledon nonsense was getting on my nerves during Atlanta too, I'll give credit where it's due but it was a 1st round match not a final. Let's be realistic here.
I AGREE with you.......on everything.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
Old 07-29-2010, 04:25 AM   #72
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather1229 View Post

the media, by its nature, is a knee-jerk society. it's the whole "what have you done for me lately" thing. If an actor makes a bad movie, he/she is done, even if he/she has a great body of work otherwise. It's just the way it is. I'm sure Andy chooses to ignore most of it. yeah, it's definitely ridiculous, but I doubt the media will ever change I happen to like Greg Couch though. He is like the guy who writes for an independent website and is a straight-shooter who kind of goes after everyone indiscriminately - I definitely don't agree with everything he writes, but I almost always enjoy reading his pieces. SI.com is a different animal and you would think they would hold themselves to a somewhat higher standard but clearly not

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 07-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #73
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

It's official, Andy has a cakewalk draw. Which means he won't win Washington.

I'll laugh if Fish wins his third title in a row. Then watch him crash out in the first round of USO.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:02 AM   #74
country flag Deboogle!.

DC is a 500 event, Andy REALLY needs to do well

Old 08-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #75
country flag Heather1229

Andy is in DC, so that's a good thing. Let's see what he plans on doing while he's there. Hopefully the Andy from earlier this season decides to show up!