Well it wasn't a new losing technique but it was a good one nonetheless. Bye HC Seaso - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-17-2010, 02:39 AM   #16
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hardcourt Season

http://tennis.fanhouse.com/2010/07/1...elf-help-move/

From the Baseline: Andy Roddick's Self-Help Move

7/16/2010 By Knox Bardeen

Andy Roddick shook the tennis world, especially those of us in Atlanta, on Thursday by announcing that he would play in the Atlanta Tennis Championships beginning on July 19. Tournament officials have been dead-set on getting Roddick to sign on as a wild-card entrant for many weeks. The hard work finally paid off.

"This helps with our credibility and shows the level of commitment that the players are showing to the city of Atlanta," said tournament director Bill Oakes.

But it's not just that. Roddick deciding to play in Atlanta sends ripple marks through the tennis community for many reasons.

Here are five:

1. Roddick in Atlanta is great for the Atlanta Tennis Championships

Not only will the tournament in Atlanta be big news because it's the first event in the U.S. Open Series, but Roddick accepting a wild-card invitation will attract a ton of eyeballs that wouldn't normally tune in for a few more weeks. Tournament officials commented via twitter on Thursday that their numbers began exploding shortly after Roddick was announced as a participant and ATC Ticket Manager Katy Roland spoke about the excitement at the box office. "It's already had a major impact on ticket sales and the tournament in general. Our daily tickets sales have doubled since the announcement that Roddick is returning to the site of his first career win."

2. History buffs have an outlet besides The History Channel next week

Share The Atlanta Tennis Championships will always be historic, even for Roddick. As mentioned above, Roddick won his first ATP tour event in Atlanta, way back when the tournament was a clay-court event. It was April 29, 2001 and Roddick was just 18 years old and ranked 89th in the world. By a score of 6-2, 6-4, Roddick defeated Belgian Xavier Malisse and became the first American teenager to win an ATP event since Michael Chang in 1992.

3. Roddick could use the U.S. Open warm-up

Last week I spoke about the lack of warm-up events Roddick has played this year. He didn't play a clay event prior to the French Open and was bounced in the third round. He only played one grass-court warm-up and exited in the fourth round of Wimbledon. Roddick's announcement to play in Atlanta marks four U.S. Series events in which he'll participate.

Names higher in the rankings like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray are only playing two preparatory U.S. Open events and, if you're wondering if Roddick may burn himself out, don't. He's already shown that taking time off prior to a Grand Slam isn't working. It's time to mix things up and play as much as possible. Rolling into the U.S. Open with locomotive-style momentum may just work.

4. There could be a big pay day involved for Roddick

Forget about the purse at each U.S. Open Series event, that's just icing on a small piece of a big cake. The ultimate reward lays at the end of the U.S. Open in the form of a $1 million check. The player that accumulates the most points throughout the U.S. Open Series events will be in line for a huge pay day. If Roddick can win the Open Series and win the U.S. Open, he'll take home that extra $1 million on top of the $1.7 million award for winning the Open.

5. This won't hurt Roddick's current ranking

Roddick is currently the ninth-ranked player in the world, but his hold on that spot is minimal. His lead over 10th-place Fernando Verdasco is only 15 points. The margin between he and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who currently sits in 11th place, is only 35 points. With those two nipping at his heels, entering the Atlanta Tennis Championships may give Roddick some breathing room in the rankings. An active U.S. Open Series may keep the chasers at bay even longer.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #17
country flag Viky-cro

Viky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond reputeViky-cro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
And if he remains out of the top 8 by the time of the USO he faces one of the top 4 in the 4th round.......
No, he faces one of top 8 guys in 4th round, not necessary one of top 4..
Plus I think no 9 spot will be enough, don't think DelPo will play at USO
Viky-cro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #18
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

If he plays decent for the summer he can gain a lot of points, he doesn't have much to defend.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viky-cro View Post
No, he faces one of top 8 guys in 4th round, not necessary one of top 4..
Plus I think no 9 spot will be enough, don't think DelPo will play at USO
oh yeah that's right, thanks. Still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by arodfanpe666o View Post
If he plays decent for the summer he can gain a lot of points, he doesn't have much to defend.
That's a big if, considering everything.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on, Deb! Hair-free Andy is going to prove us wrong, winning the US Open Series and the Open! That's my prediction!
Heather1229 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 PM   #21
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Your mouth to god's ears, Heather

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Here's hoping Andy can do some damage during thr HC season. I wasn't too upset about Wimbledon because I think Andy loves to do well other every year. He did well in London last year, total flameout this year. Let's hope the opposite proves true.
OnyxRose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #23
country flag Deboogle!.

draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/6116/mds.pdf

*shouldn't* have a problem until Mardy in the semis........

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #24
country flag Deboogle!.

Doubles draw http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/6116/mdd.pdf

Old 07-18-2010, 01:43 AM   #25
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Top 10 or not, it is "show & prove" time for Roddick already.
Damn it.

...and i just might be loving those ugly shoes on you Andydrew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymo View Post

Last edited by partygirl : 07-18-2010 at 01:49 AM.
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #26
country flag partygirl

partygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond reputepartygirl has a reputation beyond repute

"Is your hair on purpose?"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4799590050_c8fab40d3a_b.jpg (176.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg 4799590024_c27b3ac70d_b.jpg (167.0 KB, 304 views)
partygirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #27
country flag Deboogle!.

Yeah, still no less horrendous

Old 07-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #28
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Christ, that's awful

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 AM   #29
country flag Deboogle!.

I'm sorry, all i can keep thinking about is this:

Old 07-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #30
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deboogle!. View Post
More interesting to see Blake and Isner
And thankfully Ehrlich is playing in the states!
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote