Ernests' Interesting Characteristics - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
country flag too_old_4_this

too_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ernests' Interesting Characteristics

Emotional
Sensory Overload (notices everyone moving around during interviews, is distracted during matches when people are talking or walking around)
Philosophical
Questions Authority
Good Vocabulary (he has a better english vocabulary than a lot of native english speakers, I can just imagine how articulate he is in Latvian)
Often Speaks Rapidly
Loses or Forgets Things
Sense of Humor That's Often Subtle (people don't always realize when he's joking)
Not a Risk Taker (I know he's said he hates to fly)
Stubborn
Perfectionist
High Energy

Interestingly enough, this is not a list I came up with while looking for a description of Ernests.

This is a compilation of various sites from my search for "characteristics of very high intelligence".

Unfortunately, some of these things work against him during a match - like being emotional and getting distracted. I don't know if it's possible to "fix" these things except through a lobotomy
too_old_4_this is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' Interesting Characteristics

At first I thought this was a list you actually compiled yourself. Although many of these could be used to describe Ernests, some of them I'd refrain from. Including..

Quote:
Often speaks rapidly
I don't think he speaks rapidly at all. His brain fires so quickly that he can think of brilliant responses in perfect comedic timing, but the way he speaks is slowed down and clear.

Quote:
Sense of Humor That's Often Subtle
I disagree with his humor being subtle. Although some people struggle to grasp his sense of humor, I think he displays it prominently.

Quote:
Not a Risk Taker
It's true he doesn't like to fly because of an incident that happened many years ago involving his plane loosing power. He doesn't like to not be in control of things, including cars. He feels saver being in control, but I'm not sure that makes him in the 'Not a Risk Taker' category. He seems to take risks out on court!

Whatever characteristics aside, Ernests is very intelligent. He likes to keep his mind working, and he is someone I'd certainly love having conversations with. I'm sure he can easily converse in a large array of subjects!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney

Last edited by TravelingFanGirl : 06-19-2013 at 04:35 PM.
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
country flag too_old_4_this

too_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond reputetoo_old_4_this has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' Interesting Characteristics

I agree his speech is clear, but I do feel he often (not always) speaks rapidly. And we all appreciate his sense of humor, but I also think we "get him" better because we're fans. A lot of people don't seem to.

Not a risk taker may be a stretch, but always wanting to be in control of things is actually a part of that. You feel like you're minimizing the risk when you're doing it yourself.

I left out some characteristics like creativity because I have no knowledge if he has any talent in that area, although we know he appreciates things like art, music and literature.

His intelligence is probably what I like most about him (of course I noticed his looks first, but there always has to be something more after that).

I think it's funny that losing/forgetting things is common, but I guess their minds are just somewhere else
too_old_4_this is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote