Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here! - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #751
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raferminator View Post
Can Rafa tell Nike he wants to wear a different shirt?
If he has a fever and is sweating like that, he should be wearing something that hides it a little better.

Anyone else starting to fear this might be Mono or somethihng serious? He's been feeling unwell for an awfully long time.
He doesn't still have a fever. He's still shedding the effects of the virus. He hasn't had a lot of time to rest and recover. I'm sure he had tests in Dubai to determine his condition.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #752
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I'm so mad they're not having Nando VS Berdych on Rod Laver. Instead they're sticking them out on Margaret Court. Now I won't be able to watch it on TV.
I know.. I didn't get it when they put Wawrinka and Monfils on Rod Lever instead of Verdaso and Nishikori either. Verdasco is a Top 10 player, should he be able to play on the RL? It's just so stupid imo. He is a top 10 player, very well liked in Australia but still hasn't played ONCE on Rod Laver during this AO. Not even when he's playing against Berdych, BOTH of them are inside of the top 10, but they STILL don't get to play on Rod Laver. I seriously don't understand these organizers at all

Quote:
Can Rafa tell Nike he wants to wear a different shirt?
If he has a fever and is sweating like that, he should be wearing something that hides it a little better.

Anyone else starting to fear this might be Mono or somethihng serious? He's been feeling unwell for an awfully long time.
Don't even mention the m word! Lets just have faith in what he said. He said he had the flu and a fever. I hope he didn't lie about it.. I think it's just that the body needs a lot of rest after having flu/fever, and he hasn't gotten enough rest. Kinda hard to rest when you're a tennis player and playing tournaments all the damn time.. It's not helping that he has a horrible shirt either, or that he has to play under the scorching hot sun in Australia. He does seem to be struggling more than usual though, and it doesn't seem like he has as much energy as he did during USO. I'm not sure how far he'll go in AO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #753
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Well Rafa VS Tomic was a bit boring to me but glad he pulled through of course.

Rafa's not playing that well yet. I'm sure he'll pick it up though.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 PM   #754
country flag Raferminator
Banned!

Raferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
He doesn't still have a fever. He's still shedding the effects of the virus. He hasn't had a lot of time to rest and recover. I'm sure he had tests in Dubai to determine his condition.
Ok, I'm hoping you are right, Star. I know you are an optimist but also a realist. I'm expressing what I think has crossed everyone's minds watching the Tomic match and hearing his post-match comments about losing 2.5 kg during the match due to sweating and weakness. I'm not sure he understands what is going on right now with his body. But ffs, I wish he would show some common sense and wear a shirt that looks more comfy than the one he's been wearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Don't even mention the m word! Lets just have faith in what he said. He said he had the flu and a fever. I hope he didn't lie about it.. I think it's just that the body needs a lot of rest after having flu/fever, and he hasn't gotten enough rest. Kinda hard to rest when you're a tennis player and playing tournaments all the damn time.. It's not helping that he has a horrible shirt either, or that he has to play under the scorching hot sun in Australia. He does seem to be struggling more than usual though, and it doesn't seem like he has as much energy as he did during USO. I'm not sure how far he'll go in AO
The shirt has to go. If he is stubborn and feels he has to wear it, he should do so when he is feeling better. It probably makes everything look worse than it really is. I'm watching the match and picturing him playing with a fever, maybe because that it is how it looks right now to my eyes. Maybe if he wears something more normal, it doesn't give off that feeling.

I know he isn't lying about anything. It's just worrying that he is still obviously showing the signs of the Doha illness from weeks ago. This is from his Press Conference after the match:

Q. You seemed to be sweating a lot early on, changed your shirt a few times. Were you feeling okay out there?

RAFAEL NADAL: I was perfect when I started the season in Abu Dhabi playing. I was playing perfect and I was feeling perfect physically. In Doha, I had that problem. I wasn't feel very well. Have fever and these things. Seems like after that my body is still not perfect. I am sweating more than usual. I am more tired than usual when I'm playing. That's what happen right now. That's the true.

Q. You said you don't have a fever anymore, but the body is getting tired. Are you concerned in the next week the body might not be ready for five sets after five sets?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. Hopefully I gonna improve. I don't know. I don't know what's going on. I am doing all that I can. I am working, I am resting. I can't do more, no? If I don't feel perfect, it's not my fault. It's day of today. All I can say is keep fighting. I have the (indiscernible) here, my biscuits, for the problem maybe. If I eat more, maybe I am better next week.

I am sending a prayer that Rafa will feel much better this week. I think we will intuitively know if his health is getting better when we watch his next match. Thanks for the positive support!
Raferminator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #755
country flag Raferminator
Banned!

Raferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond reputeRaferminator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Well Rafa VS Tomic was a bit boring to me but glad he pulled through of course.

Rafa's not playing that well yet. I'm sure he'll pick it up though.
I wasn't bored at 6-2, 0-4.

Rafa is a fighter; and he needed his spirit in this match.

Best of luck to Nando vs. Berdych today. He has looked increasingly better and more in form as the tournament has progressed.
Raferminator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #756
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wasn't bored at 6-2, 0-4.

Rafa is a fighter; and he needed his spirit in this match.

Best of luck to Nando vs. Berdych today. He has looked increasingly better and more in form as the tournament has progressed.
Thank you! I'm a fan of both, but of course I'd prefer a Nando victory. Winner probably faces Djokovic who Nando has beaten in their last two meetings, so that could be interesting as well.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:01 AM   #757
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Star,

Yesterday was the deadline to sign up for spring sports and my 12 yr old son timidly told me he doesn't want to play tennis. I asked on 3 separate occasions to make sure I heard right and each time, the answer was no. I'm heartbroken of course but I will not force him to play. He loves basketball and football and that's fine too.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #758
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
Star,

Yesterday was the deadline to sign up for spring sports and my 12 yr old son timidly told me he doesn't want to play tennis. I asked on 3 separate occasions to make sure I heard right and each time, the answer was no. I'm heartbroken of course but I will not force him to play. He loves basketball and football and that's fine too.
It's hard to be a mother.

It's only important that he has exercise and has the experience of competing.

But, seriously, I would not know what to do if I had a son who wanted to play football. I think it is an insanely dangerous sport for young growing boys.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:16 AM   #759

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, I'm hoping you are right, Star. I know you are an optimist but also a realist. I'm expressing what I think has crossed everyone's minds watching the Tomic match and hearing his post-match comments about losing 2.5 kg during the match due to sweating and weakness. I'm not sure he understands what is going on right now with his body. But ffs, I wish he would show some common sense and wear a shirt that looks more comfy than the one he's been wearing.

The shirt has to go. If he is stubborn and feels he has to wear it, he should do so when he is feeling better. It probably makes everything look worse than it really is. I'm watching the match and picturing him playing with a fever, maybe because that it is how it looks right now to my eyes. Maybe if he wears something more normal, it doesn't give off that feeling.

I know he isn't lying about anything. It's just worrying that he is still obviously showing the signs of the Doha illness from weeks ago. This is from his Press Conference after the match:

Q. You seemed to be sweating a lot early on, changed your shirt a few times. Were you feeling okay out there?

RAFAEL NADAL: I was perfect when I started the season in Abu Dhabi playing. I was playing perfect and I was feeling perfect physically. In Doha, I had that problem. I wasn't feel very well. Have fever and these things. Seems like after that my body is still not perfect. I am sweating more than usual. I am more tired than usual when I'm playing. That's what happen right now. That's the true.

Q. You said you don't have a fever anymore, but the body is getting tired. Are you concerned in the next week the body might not be ready for five sets after five sets?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. Hopefully I gonna improve. I don't know. I don't know what's going on. I am doing all that I can. I am working, I am resting. I can't do more, no? If I don't feel perfect, it's not my fault. It's day of today. All I can say is keep fighting. I have the (indiscernible) here, my biscuits, for the problem maybe. If I eat more, maybe I am better next week.

I am sending a prayer that Rafa will feel much better this week. I think we will intuitively know if his health is getting better when we watch his next match. Thanks for the positive support!
Thanks for the report. It was kinda what I thought. His body is still in recovering mode after having the flu/fever. I really do hope he's better for next week though. I don't see how he'll be able to beat the likes of Söderling/Murray if he isn't 100 % fit and healthy Lets hope he is feeling better next week!

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 PM   #760
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Maria
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Maria
Why are you crying?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #762
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why are you crying?
She lost that's why.

I wasn't crying literally though I feel like that.
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
She lost that's why.

I wasn't crying literally though I feel like that.
I know you weren't literally crying, but felt bad, that is what the crying symbol means

Are you talking about Maria Sharapova? Sorry, but I'm totally clueless right now..

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-23-2011, 06:30 PM   #764
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know you weren't literally crying, but felt bad, that is what the crying symbol means

Are you talking about Maria Sharapova? Sorry, but I'm totally clueless right now..
I can asnwer for her, yes she was talking about Sharapova.
Very disappointing, she would have had a great chance for the title.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I can asnwer for her, yes she was talking about Sharapova.
Very disappointing, she would have had a great chance for the title.
same with Rafa.. no chance in hell he'll win over Söderling/Murray/Federer if he isn't 100 % healthy, unless he recovers or there's a miracle..

Quote:
Quote: