Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here! - Page 47 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #691
country flag Yazoo.C

Yazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond reputeYazoo.C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafatards chat. NO Rafahaters, Fedtards or trolls allowed in here!

Rafa and Murray are always in the same half/quarter
Yazoo.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #692
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone.

How are you? any plans for the weekend?

I just got sick again, like third time this winter! Awesome. I hate having a cold And to make matters worse.. I took one step outside the door today, was taking out the garbage, anyway.. I fell. It was ice on the ground It hurt! Winter in this city is not fun, it rains, then it snows, then it rains, then it gets colder, we have freezing temperatures, and all the roads turn into a skating rink. Icy roads.. not fun! Lots of people are in the hospital these days, with fractures because they fell on the ice.

Anyway.. I'm watching the world championships in handball now. The men are playing, and it's in Norway! We are currently in the lead 33-27 over Japan

ETA: 34-29 now Our guys are NOT playing well! Still think we'll win though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazoo.C View Post
Rafa and Murray are always in the same half/quarter
Tell me about it.. It sucks

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #693
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
hi friends

i wanted to write more, but mtf is so slow that it makes me crazy

so see you later, i am going to post more when it moves faster
Mimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Nice to know you're doing well.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #694
country flag Veronique

Veronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond reputeVeronique has a reputation beyond repute

Hello ladies & gents! Life has been crazy busy around here since Christmas. 1st we got a white Christmas, then last Sunday we had 4 inches of snow and the temperature was below freezing all week long. My kids got a week off school, my hubby didn't go to work for 4 days. I work from home so I used the time to catch up with work and then some so I'll have time to cheer (pray) for Rafa with no constraints. I really hope he's completely recovered from whatever illness bothered him in Doha.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:08 PM   #695
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronique View Post
Hello ladies & gents! Life has been crazy busy around here since Christmas. 1st we got a white Christmas, then last Sunday we had 4 inches of snow and the temperature was below freezing all week long. My kids got a week off school, my hubby didn't go to work for 4 days. I work from home so I used the time to catch up with work and then some so I'll have time to cheer (pray) for Rafa with no constraints. I really hope he's completely recovered from whatever illness bothered him in Doha.
Hey

Good seeing you again Awesome to hear you got some snow, I'm sure your kids enjoy playing in the snow too! Work sucks but it's gotta be done. I am a student, and I'm studying many hours every day. It's not fun, but I don't have much choice if I want to pass my exams.

I will be rooting for Rafa too. I hope he is rid of his illness, healthy and in a good form for Australian Open. It helps that he's not playing on the first day though. He was lucky like that..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:34 PM   #696
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey, Sweetie!

Take a look at Rafa's video in the tournament thread. So cute.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:23 AM   #697
country flag Veronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokk View Post
Hey

Good seeing you again Awesome to hear you got some snow, I'm sure your kids enjoy playing in the snow too! Work sucks but it's gotta be done. I am a student, and I'm studying many hours every day. It's not fun, but I don't have much choice if I want to pass my exams.

I will be rooting for Rafa too. I hope he is rid of his illness, healthy and in a good form for Australian Open. It helps that he's not playing on the first day though. He was lucky like that..
Hi there! Nope, my kids are 15&12 and weren't thrilled by the snow at all. They spent the whole time on their computers. I'm so glad we're able to get out again.

Yup! Work has got to be done. The money you get from it is even better as it allows you to take care of those you love.

I'm so ready to cheer for Rafa. I pray and hope he's completely recovered. Let's go Rafa!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:28 AM   #698
country flag Veronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Hey, Sweetie!

Take a look at Rafa's video in the tournament thread. So cute.
Is he getting cuter and better with each English presser or what?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:48 AM   #699
country flag Veronique

Star,

Have you listened to Andre Agassi's Fresh Air interview on NPR? If not, you've got to. I never got a chance to read his book but this was very nice to listen to.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #700
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Star,

Have you listened to Andre Agassi's Fresh Air interview on NPR? If not, you've got to. I never got a chance to read his book but this was very nice to listen to.
I'll look it up. Not a fan, but he can be interesting. I am an NPR fan tho -- as you know.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:53 AM   #701
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

And you have to listen to tiger mother. I read an excerpt from that book. Really fascinating. I think maybe more common with immigrant mothers than just Chinese mothers. Loved it. I noticed she has an interview on Fresh Air. I read the excerpt in the Wall Street Journal.

Link

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/11/132833...he-chinese-way
Old 01-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #702
country flag Veronique

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
And you have to listen to tiger mother. I read an excerpt from that book. Really fascinating. I think maybe more common with immigrant mothers than just Chinese mothers. Loved it. I noticed she has an interview on Fresh Air. I read the excerpt in the Wall Street Journal.

Link

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/11/132833...he-chinese-way
Yes, I heard her on Tell Me More last night and the comments that ensued from the panel after her. I have mixed feelings about it. My older son quit piano after 7 years. I really wanted him to continue but he just said no. Now this is a very obedient and respectful boy. So when he said, mom I've had enough, I was very disappointed but I didn't force him. I refused to pay for his guitar lessons so he's teaching himself. He also quit band after 1 year. His teacher begged me to convince him to come back but he refused. As much as I want him to excel at everything I want for him, I cannot force him. My parents would have forced me though.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:27 AM   #703
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Yes, I heard her on Tell Me More last night and the comments that ensued from the panel after her. I have mixed feelings about it. My older son quit piano after 7 years. I really wanted him to continue but he just said no. Now this is a very obedient and respectful boy. So when he said, mom I've had enough, I was very disappointed but I didn't force him. I refused to pay for his guitar lessons so he's teaching himself. He also quit band after 1 year. His teacher begged me to convince him to come back but he refused. As much as I want him to excel at everything I want for him, I cannot force him. My parents would have forced me though.
Yes. It's quite a different approach. I think there can be a balance though. I like the idea of seeing strength in children rather than weakness. I do think though that children do have to be given the chance to make choices -- even if they are the wrong choices they will someday regret.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #704
country flag Veronique

Also, she's married to a Jewish-American who didn't mind. My husband, an American born as well, steps in when he thinks I'm going overboard.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:41 AM   #705
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Also, she's married to a Jewish-American who didn't mind. My husband, an American born as well, steps in when he thinks I'm going overboard.
In the excerpt I read, she describes an incident where they fought about the younger daughter and piano. He thought she was being too harsh. She accused him of not believing in their daughter. I had the feeling that they had more disagreements than that one.

I gave the excerpt to a friend of mine who read it the night after she thought her husband had gone overboard in lecturing their son for getting an A- instead of an A. She was thinking maybe he was right after reading it. I need to apologize to her son.

I think working hard is more about teaching responsibility than drilling children mercilessly. Also I think she's wrong about making learning fun. I don't mean in that sort of fuzzy thinking way, but that learning is it's own reward. But, in the long run I think treating children with respect and expecting they show that same respect toward everyone else is most important. I think Rafa is an excellent example of a hard worker who is also respectful to all.