David Nalbandian in Davis Cup 1/4finals, Moscow, Russia July 2010 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default David Nalbandian in Davis Cup 1/4finals, Moscow, Russia July 2010

Finally we will see David Playing after long-long brake...

Friday, July 9
First match: 3pm local (noon GMT, 7am EST, 8am Argentina)
Nikolay Davydenko vs David Nalbandian
Mikhail Youzhny vs Leonardo Mayer

Saturday, July 10
Doubles: 2pm local (11am GMT, 6am EST, 7am Argentina)
Teimuraz Gabashvili & Igor Kunitsyn vs David Nalbandian & Horacio Zeballos

Sunday, July 11
First match: 1pm local (10am GMT, 5am EST, 6am Argentina)
Nikolay Davydenko vs Leonardo Mayer
Mikhail Youzhny vs David Nalbandian

According to the draw, David is scheduled to play on all three days. But that doesn't mean he will actually play on all three days, as the combination of players for the doubles for example can be changed up until an hour before the start of the match.
What the draw does determine, however, is the line-up for the first two singles rubbers, so David's first match after almost three months will indeed be against Davydenko.
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 AM   #2
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Nalbandian in Davis Cup 1/4finals, Moscow, Russia July 2010

Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
country flag Stephan

News

Davis Cup quarterfinals Russia v Argentina draw ceremony held in Moscow

The official draw ceremony within the Davis Cup quarterfinals Russia v Argentina was held today. According to the draw results, the leader of the Russian team Nikolay Davydenko will play Argentinean David Nalbandian in the opening rubber. Then Mikhail Youzhny will measure himself against Argentinean top player Leonardo Mayer. For the doubles match the two captains nominated respectively Teimuraz Gabashvili/Igor Kunitsyn (Russia) and David Nalbandian/ Horacio Zeballos.

Answering the question from an Argentinean journalist as to whether he was surprised by the choice of Tito Vaskez, Shamil Tarpischev responded: “No, we anticipated this. So today’s draw ceremony has only confirmed our assumptions”.

The leader of the Russian team Nikolay Davydenko for his part noted that the timing of his tomorrow’s match against David Nalbandian suits him very well (the match will begin at 3:00p.m.). “Needless to say I’ll feel some psychological pressure. The entire stadium and all our country will be cheering for me. But I’ll try to show my best tennis and win”, - said Nikolay.

The captain of Argentinean team Tito Vaskez explaining his choice of the players emphasized, that he counts on David Nalbandian as he is a seasoned Davis Cup player. Nominated as number one player on his team the Argentinean Leonardo Mayer said he faces a tough challenge, but will try to do his best to be up to task.

Press-center
Old 07-09-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
country flag Stephan

Good news fans,
today David won vs Davydenko:

N. Davydenko 4 6 6

D. Nalbandian 6 7 7

Argentina - Russia 1 - 0
Old 07-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #5
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

Good performance from David, Argentina can dream about a miracle thanks to him
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
country flag Stephan

David's win
Argentina-Russia 1-0
Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
country flag arch_enemy

arch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond reputearch_enemy has a reputation beyond repute

TBH,a little surprised with this scoreline coz it's David's first match since Monte Carlo after all,but finally you did it.
DC is always special to you,David,GL in Doubles and crucial match against Youzhny if necessary
Old 07-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
country flag Stephan

one more picture
Old 07-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
country flag canas

canas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond reputecanas has a reputation beyond repute

Entry: - (Career High: - )

Race: -

W: Delray Beach 10 ,
canas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #10
country flag Stephan

Thanx for nice pictures
Old 07-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #11
country flag Stephan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho_VV...layer_embedded

Davydenko vs Nalbandian Davis Cup 2010 Highlights
Old 07-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #12
country flag Stephan

09 Jul 2010 - Moscow, Russia - RUS v ARG - Richard van Poortvliet
Honours even in Moscow

complete story is here:
http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsart...rticleid=17140

David Nalbandian was the hero of Friday’s opening singles of the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group quarterfinal between Russia and Argentina. The Argentine pulled off one of his best performances in months against Nikolay Davydenko, to help his country end Friday’s opening singles level at one rubber all, after Mikhail Youzhny later went on to beat Leonardo Mayer.

A sizeable crowd by Moscow standards for a Friday saw Davydenko and Nalbandian take to the court for the opening match-up. Both players had suffered from their fair share of injuries coming into this tie. Nalbandian was forced to miss Wimbledon, in part to help him prepare for this Davis Cup tie, while Davydenko had only just returned to competitive action after a wrist injury had seen him sit out the entire clay court season.

“We didn’t play our best tennis, as it’s difficult coming back from injuries and it’s not easy to come back and play Davis Cup,” Nalbandian commented.

Nalbandian on the attack

The Argentine had seen his world ranking slip to No.153 during that time, and he didn’t get off to the greatest of starts, dropping his serve in just the third game. Even at such an early stage the Cordoba native’s tactics were clear – to try and attack as much as possible, saying:

“I always believe in my game and at the beginning I saw he wasn’t too solid from the baseline and also with his serve too, so I managed to get things on my side.”

His game plan would pay dividends almost immediately as he broke back in the very next game. Davydenko wasn’t helped by a an inability to win points on his first serve, while his baseline game, which is his bread and butter, was also misfiring.....

complete story is here:
Old 07-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #13
country flag Stephan

number of pictures are here:

Last edited by Stephan : 07-10-2010 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #14
country flag Stephan

Old 07-10-2010, 02:37 AM   #15
country flag Stephan

News
Russia-Argentina: Nalbandian won the first rubber

”I didn’t have enough confidence”,- admitted the top player of Russian team Nikolay Davydenko after his defeat in the first rubber of the Davis Cup quarterfinals at the hands of the Argentinean player David Nalbandian - 4/6, 6/7(5), 6/7.

The Russian player, who lost the first set, missed the chance to level the score blowing a 5-3 lead in the second set tie-breaker. In the third set which also ended up in a tie-breaker Nicolay was 6-4 up but still lost it. “I played very little this season and wasn’t match-tough, - he said, - Today I couldn’t show my best tennis, but I hope to play better on Sunday”.

At the post-match press conference match the Argentinean player also confessed he didn’t play his best match. “Both of us made a lot of errors today,- said David Nalbandian. – But physically I was prepared to play the fourth and the fifth set if need be”.

Davis Cup press-center