2010 Tour de France - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-04-2010, 01:44 AM   #76
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2010 Tour de France

Stage 1

Samuel Dumoulin over Sebastien Turgot @1.75
Robbie McEwen over Gerald Ciolek @2.10
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 AM   #77
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Stage 2

5 units Farrar top 3 @ $1.80

GL
Stage 1 actually

Joining you on this one, Farrar a decent E/W bet today
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #78
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah. People talk of potential crosswinds. But with two strong trains in Garmin and Columbia, both sprinters should be delivered to the line with no troubles.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #79
country flag Ale10

Ale10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond reputeAle10 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't decide between Cav and Farrar and don'T want to play both. Sprinter field is massive. Thor, Ale-Jet, Freire, McEwen...
Old 07-04-2010, 10:23 AM   #80
country flag Ale10

Added one good-looking parlay:

Jerome Pineau v Samuel Dumoulin 2 1.85
Edvald Boasson Hagen v Matti Breschel 1 1.20
Jeremy Hunt v Fabio Felline 2 1.33
@2.95
Old 07-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #81

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Cavendish and Farrar are miles ahead of the others.

It's a matter of third place. Most sprint stages, it will be Cav and Farrar 1st and 2nd or 1st and third.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:00 AM   #82
country flag Ale10

Quote:
Cavendish and Farrar are miles ahead of the others.

It's a matter of third place. Most sprint stages, it will be Cav and Farrar 1st and 2nd or 1st and third.
Still don't have the balls to play them, it's not a mountain stage. There will be fighting for position. Petacchi and Hushovd both gave great trains. Don't know... I'm leaning to play Cav win and no Farrar,
Old 07-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #83
country flag Ale10

But then again who would go against Farrar on Independence Day?
Old 07-04-2010, 02:37 PM   #84
country flag Ale10

Ciolek finishing position 4th-9th @1.70

I don't think he can get on the podium against Cav, Farrar, Peta, Thor, Freire and McEwen. But after those 6 there are not too much depth for the sprint. Even if Rojas and Boasson Hagen beats him he is 9th...
Old 07-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #85

Columbia's sprint train is non existent and no one else can pick up the slack. These sprint stages are going to be a lottery. Columbia won't dominate like last year. Should have stuck by my word that I would never back Cavendish if he was under $3.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #86
country flag Ale10

Quote:
Columbia's sprint train is non existent and no one else can pick up the slack. These sprint stages are going to be a lottery. Columbia won't dominate like last year. Should have stuck by my word that I would never back Cavendish if he was under $3.
Agreed. Too much good sprinters with good trains. It was a fight in the last 10km, people hitting each other left and right.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #87
country flag Ale10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale10 View Post
Stage 1

Samuel Dumoulin over Sebastien Turgot @1.75
Robbie McEwen over Gerald Ciolek @2.10
Quote:
Added one good-looking parlay:

Jerome Pineau v Samuel Dumoulin 2 1.85
Edvald Boasson Hagen v Matti Breschel 1 1.20
Jeremy Hunt v Fabio Felline 2 1.33
@2.95
Quote:
Ciolek finishing position 4th-9th @1.70

I don't think he can get on the podium against Cav, Farrar, Peta, Thor, Freire and McEwen. But after those 6 there are not too much depth for the sprint. Even if Rojas and Boasson Hagen beats him he is 9th...

L/W/W/L

That's why i hate sprint finishes. The first fall got the Ciolek bet (and Cav plus Freire) and the third got the Dumoulin bet... (and the second took half of the field)
Old 07-04-2010, 04:07 PM   #88

I'll be pounding Hushovd for the points jersey. Today has just told me everything I needed to know.

Last year the Columbia trian was dominating from 15-20km from the finish. They were non existent basically until 6km. That tells me Cavendish doesn't have a good leadout. Cavendish without a good leadout is lost. Just need to look at the stage he crashed in Switzerland for that confirmation. Hushovd is the smarter rider.

On Petacchi, that's the second time in recent times that he's benefited from a crash. He's the luckiest rider out there.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #89
country flag Ale10

Fuck this site, my comment is lost in the air...

I don't agree with that comment. Columbia is not as dominant as last year, that's true. But their weakness is that their don't go nuts with 20km to go. They go with 5km to go now. And they did it perfectly today imo. Their train was in the best position before the first crash. Cav had like 4 or 5 riders for the last 2km. I think he would win it today without that fall.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #90

Cav is low on confidence and when you are low on confidence, you can't concentrate properly.

An in form Cav would have never lost the wheel of Renshaw on that turn. Trust me. When you are riding at those speeds, you need to be able to follow the rider in front of you thus you need to be fully concentrated on the task at hand. He wasn't. An in-form Cavendish would have had no troubles following Renshaw's wheel regardless of the corner.