Crazed Football Fan Rafa Chat Thread Vol. 59 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #31
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: History Being Made All Around Rafa Chat Thread Vol. 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
sorry i edited coz after i posted that i was in casa and alex told me he ll play with me if he wont play davis..
That's ok

SO Adam... you still around? Did you see my request yesterday in Newport thread? Will you partner me Yay or Nay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I'm a very hard core monarchist and I think it's awsome and I'll ignore all the nitpicking grumpies
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #32
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care about monarchy one way or the other except that I think it's weird -- you know like being a huge celebrity is weird or having a billion dollars is weird. I can't imagine it.

Obviously, I don't think they are appointed by god or that there is anything like royal blood. I think these people who are royal grow up a bit strangely and probably have a different perspective on things than I do. Obviously, they aren't worried about where their next bowl of Ramen noodles is going to come from.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #33
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Because Monarchy was the only state form that gave Romania stability, wealth and respect. Republic has yet to convince me it's better and you'll understand that I can't take the world of other countries citizens for it.
It also gives to feeling of belonging, Eastern-European are a different breed, head of states that change every 5 years are really not my cup of tea. And no, that doesn't mean I'd like a dictatorship, we had that, thank you very much...
And I also like the glam aspect of it, I'm not gonna lie ....
I find that understandable, of course the Romanian monarchy was forced to abdicate by the communists and I think what Royalty can do is provide a ceremonial focus, and in a way embody what the nation is and what it stands for - it's very intangible but is probably a good thing for stability
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #34
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

I read the majority of people would like William to take over after the Queen instead of Prince Charles.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #35
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I read the majority of people would like William to take over after the Queen instead of Prince Charles.
He's more photogenic.

HRM is gonna live as long as her mother -- She's gonna be in her 90s when she dies. So she's got what? 20 more years? I have no idea how old she is. In her 70s I guess.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #36
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Did we scare Hilde away with all the monarchy talk or is she just busy working?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I don't care about monarchy one way or the other except that I think it's weird -- you know like being a huge celebrity is weird or having a billion dollars is weird. I can't imagine it.

Obviously, I don't think they are appointed by god or that there is anything like royal blood. I think these people who are royal grow up a bit strangely and probably have a different perspective on things than I do. Obviously, they aren't worried about where their next bowl of Ramen noodles is going to come from.
Well it's said the Queen sees it as a job - she has a job to do and she does it. An unusual job, not one that I would like to have any part of, but it's a responsibility that she feels she must carry out.

I don't envy them for all the wealth and so on - their lives are not their own.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #38
country flag MariaV

Poor Jarkko's both ankles with those black outside supports.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I find that understandable, of course the Romanian monarchy was forced to abdicate by the communists and I think what Royalty can do is provide a ceremonial focus, and in a way embody what the nation is and what it stands for - it's very intangible but is probably a good thing for stability
Our King who is still alive and 89 y.o. it's cousin with QE and from the same breed. Wise, stoic with the sense of duty and country before everything.
Sadly this generation of monarchs will soon be gone and what's coming from behind it's not really at the same level although I, personally, like Charles but I'm not living in UK.
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #40
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

.Her Majesty is 84 y.o.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
Well it's said the Queen sees it as a job - she has a job to do and she does it. An unusual job, not one that I would like to have any part of, but it's a responsibility that she feels she must carry out.

I don't envy them for all the wealth and so on - their lives are not their own.
Yeah. It's just totally weird. I don't care about them one way or the other. It's not as if my life will be any different or the world will be any different if England has a monarchy or doesn't. I like the pretty pictures as well as anyone, and of course there is a mystery -- highly cultivated no doubt. It's not a life that would suit me. I wouldn't want my country to have a monarch, but the European monarchies seem harmless. Pretty pictures.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #42
country flag acionescu

Hilde likes her Albert too. Not very fond of His children, though
Old 06-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #43
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

The queen has a bit of the mad hatter going on in that outfit.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #44
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
The queen has a bit of the mad hatter going on in that outfit.
I like that hat on her.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #45
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Her hats have got bigger in recent years, it's true.
Closed Thread