Crazed Football Fan Rafa Chat Thread Vol. 59 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
country flag Betty

Betty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond reputeBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: History Being Made All Around Rafa Chat Thread Vol. 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
Hi Betty, I need a partner for Newport too... I've asked Adam in the thread but he hasn't answered 26 hours later so if you want to play with me I will
:
sorry i edited coz after i posted that i was in casa and alex told me he ll play with me if he wont play davis..
2011=w/Corey F.:Auckland SF -Zagreb F -Wimbledon QF w/Dupuis2006 Nottingham W- w/acionescu Atlanta F
2010=w/Corey F. -Auckland F - w/Boarder35mNewport F -Tokyo F - w/acionescu Manerbio ch F-
2009 : (w/Corey F.) Washington W - Cordoba / Pozoblanco W - (w/Boarder35m)-Bordeaux W
TT Single 2012 O.G. SF Dubai W -Atlanta W Casablanca F 2011 Rabat , Metz F-Los Angeles W;2009 Todi ; Bergamo W -Wimbledon F -Karlsruhe F -Estoril SF;2008 = Tunica R., A.Seville SF

FORZA INTER
Betty is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Does anybody actually know why the queen - after such a long time - has decided to come to Wimbledon?

Er......no offence but are you drunk, high, both?
No idea about why the Queen decided for the visit this year. But I know for sure that I haven't drunk any alcohol and I've never done any drugs.
What a narrow miss for Jarkko.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #18
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
OK so here's the new chat thread, VAMOS!
Thanks, Maria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post

We're such a strange country.

There's a huge cheer on court as Murray and Nieminen come on court and then an even bigger cheer as Murray and Nieminen complete their bow...

Good morning, everyone!

I've been watching the recaps and remarks about The Match. They interviewed John's mother and she is a lovely woman. She kept saying she was in awe of both players. They asked what she was most proud of about her son. She thought a moment and said that it was the way he comports himself. She added, "He's not perfect, " but thought overall he did well. She had no idea how the match will turn out because she has no idea how the players prepare. They asked if she noticed a difference in John toward the end of the match. She said that what she noticed was him becoming even more determined.

Mary, who bugs me, did say something good about what it must be like to play Mahut. His hair stands up. He grins from ear to ear. He exudes energy. It's such a contract of individuals. Mrs. Isner said that people sometimes misjudge John because of his outward demeanor, but he's been determined all his life. When he was 3 he broke his femur and had to be in a full body cast and in a wheelchair. She took him out to the driveway and he shot baskets over and over and over. She retrieved the ball and gave it to him. He didn't make many baskets, but just kept doing it.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

OK for Hilde's sake I'll shut up now, ttyl!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #20
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anybody actually know why the queen - after such a long time - has decided to come to Wimbledon?

Er......no offence but are you drunk, high, both?
I guess it was mainly to talk about the junior tennis initiative, to show her the changes to the grounds over the years.

Last time she was here, it was the old court 1, centre court was unchanged with no roof, the old court 2, no Henman Hill, no Millennium building, so...
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a very hard core monarchist and I think it's awsome and I'll ignore all the nitpicking grumpies
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #22
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I'm a very hard core monarchist and I think it's awsome and I'll ignore all the nitpicking grumpies
Why are you a monarchist?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
country flag MariaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was a very formal looking bow, I don't remember them being that formal when they used to bow and curtsey to the Royal Box as a matter of course.
Yeah. Me either.

Murray's bow looked a bit snarky to me, but maybe Murray just looks snarky even when he isn't. (or looks that way to me.

Mikey! Your boy is right behind HRM.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #25
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Part 2 (of 2):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
Stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
The irony is that the winner faces the winner of Mahut-Isner.
Poor guys. Has it been decided when that match will take place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Oh my fucking god. They are still playing? Honestly, I'm beginning to see the wisdom of this soccer scoring.

I wish they could both move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
the both deserve a special trofy
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
But usually not with such a hanging head.

He's such a nice kid. I forgive him almost everything.
And he's got good grammar too.

Quote:
I have no idea how these players do this on a mental level. Sure, the physical challenges are impressive but to find the will to keep going and stay focused for so long?

Isner looks tired but Mahut still looks fresh.
Exactly. People were saying Isner looked like he was on auto-pilot; I would think that's partly due to mental exhaustion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoo Foo View Post
doesn't count for much if you are too cagon to invite me to play
Or maybe he was too cagon to play ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elessar View Post
I've been very busy
Welcome back, Claire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Yeah those guys are right. I actually think that during some games they used Isner's stand-in and Mahut's stunt double.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Antonius View Post
The Frenchies got what they deserved again striking today so my flight is sickly delayed I wish France was in north america or something
First, I hope your flight is on its way now and that the three of you have a good time this weekend.

Second, . Don't send them to my continent.

I live in a fairly strong unionized city and I don't think all of France's strikes would go over well here. As I said before, I can't imagine France's widespread strikes taking place here.

Quote:
I think these days a lot of British people have somewhat Republican leanings but the Queen is held in such affection that the sort of make an exception, I know I do.
But when Prince Charles becomes king, you think it might be different?

I just saw an interview with our Governor-General (the Queen's representative in Canada, who is always Canadian) and it reinforced my dislike of that position. I have no problem with remaining part of the Commonwealth, and I'd say that's true of the majority of Canadians, but I'd like the Governor-General and all of her nominal powers gone, and all the nominal powers of the Queen gone too.

So this MTFer Genius died? That's terrible! How was the information confirmed?

-worthy name for this new poster.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=4456
Minn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #26
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

And I think UK is strange but awsome
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #27
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Olaru
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #28
country flag MariaV

Oh and as there was already talk about the Queen coming last year should Murray make it to the final she decided to come this year after all.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #29
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
But when Prince Charles becomes king, you think it might be different?

I just saw an interview with our Governor-General (the Queen's representative in Canada, who is always Canadian) and it reinforced my dislike of that position. I have no problem with remaining part of the Commonwealth, and I'd say that's true of the majority of Canadians, but I'd like the Governor-General and all of her nominal powers gone, and all the nominal powers of the Queen gone too.

Yes I really do.

Because I think what the Queen represents is continuity in a world that has changed out of all recognition since 1952 - it's sort of awesome to think that she had audiences with Churchill as her first Prime Minister - I think that sense of stability and stoic adaptation to changing times is one of the reasons that she is held in great affection in the country at large and I think Charles will really struggle to find anything similar - a lot of people think he's a bit of a prat anyway and I'm not sure that's likely to change much.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #30
country flag acionescu

Quote:
Why are you a monarchist?
Because Monarchy was the only state form that gave Romania stability, wealth and respect. Republic has yet to convince me it's better and you'll understand that I can't take the world of other countries citizens for it.
It also gives to feeling of belonging, Eastern-European are a different breed, head of states that change every 5 years are really not my cup of tea. And no, that doesn't mean I'd like a dictatorship, we had that, thank you very much...
And I also like the glam aspect of it, I'm not gonna lie ....
Closed Thread