The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 46 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #676
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

Popular build for noobs? I thought they'd be too dumb to know something like that. Only revives with necros I'm really familiar with, are ones that are with straight out summon necros. Oh well, either I haven't seen many or I don't remember seeing them before. What realm you play on? East? I play on West.

Yep. One dimensional duelers sucked when their main skill is sorbed. Rofl, getting hp from their damage due to godly sorb is the best shit ever . And that's why, I think, lately there have been a shitload of WW barbs and hammerdins. Even if you have some gear to sorb physical dmg, it's not enough. Same goes with hammers (ie. magic dmg), but thank god there's a few dead spots to avoid them (usually I can't cauz my connection is shit. It always lags ).

Yep. Sucks that you don't know until you step out into the moor and then get peppered to death. Otherwise I would get a char, go through cold plains and come behind to kill them. But getting a high sorb WW barb works too .

I always thought I was too poor to make a decent WW barb. Too afraid it was going to be too shit to compete so I never really made a high lvl ww barb. Anyways, every duel game gets BM'ed sooner or later. When I create a low lvl duel game, there's always a high lvl that comes and ruins the fun. But I let it happen though by not setting lvl restrictions...I guess it makes it more interesting. But again, just goes to show the amount of filthy trolls that prowl around in D2.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #677
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

@ One trick pony builds. Well, AA blizz sorc was my most hated build for sure. Reason 1) It literally took zero skill (even revive necro had to have a clue to win a duel) 2) The amount of sorb required to beat them, which made you weak to other duelers (if it's BM duel room). My friend had fully decked out blizz sorc, perfect nightwings, anni, 10 cold charms etc etc. Level 50 cold mastery and Blizz. On weapon switch he had wand with lower resist charges. Also fully decked out merc.. Only my fully sorbing barb could fight the build, and u still take a lot of dmg without pots it was like 50/50, without sorb it was one shot on 7k+ life every time. Now 99% noobs weren't decked out like that - but the concept is still there: relatively cheap (as in my ebotd zerker alone usually cost more than their entire char) build which can AA one shot skill from screens away, it was dumb as hell - especially if they town guarded, which all blizz sorcs did. Only FoH paladins could compete in lameness, but they were easy to sorb since Blizz dmg + cold mastery >>>> foh dmg and conv aura.

I used to play on west, but then switched to east for several reasons:

1) I had RL friends playing there + East server was bigger, whereas West was 90% Koreans

2) By late 1.09 hax on west were out of control. There was a small charm that gave +99 to dex, str and vit and people would use 40 of them. Rings that gave +100% absorb to everything etc. East had its share of hax, but at least builds other than bowzons were viable. There were no such crazy hacked items in comparison...Thus I moved, my friends hooked my up with MF gear and I pindlebot with sorc until I can trade and get rich

ANd yes,to build good melee build you need good gears... 3/20/20 charms, good %ebotd CB/zerker etc. Thus melee guys would usually be more mature and better mannered in melee only duels.. only poor kids with lame casters like mentioned above would try to go into melee only game and get some easy kills.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:21 AM   #678
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

This. Completely agree with that. Cold sorcs can be dangerous, but it's all about anticipation and movement. Provided you have decent quality net speed, it's possible to dodge blizz quite easily when your against a full-on duel with them (ie. tele with blizz, landing blizzes randomly across the screen). But I guess without sorb, and your unlucky enough to get smashed by a shard then hopes of winning the duel are slim. But like you said, pretty much all blizz sorcs town guard. It's a no brainer. Once they engage in a real duel with tele and blizz, very few are adept at winning a duel this way. I've been murdered quite a few times by blizz sorcs I have to admit, but it's mostly those who can control it and move around tactically well. Dumb noobs town guard blizz and hope for the best . Well at least with FoH, it hits only one target while blizz is an area effect type damage....so FohDins aren't actually all that good at TG'ing. LOL, conviction aura -- you have to be really close to the idiot to get infected by it. Provided you have max light resist and have at least some light absorb, a normal foh (without being convicted) usually doesn't do a whole lot anyway (well....not alot to kill you in two hits probably). Plus even if they town guard and they're right in the entrance to make sure you get engulfed in conv aura, your already close enough from town to slam that bastard up close before he Foh's you (eg. a smiter, run out, charge and smite, and your done). Light sorb or not, Fohdins are beatable in general. You have to suck really bad like my smiter with 35 light resist (I know terrible stuff ), to get killed by them.

Well I think when I first played, the default setting was on West so hence I've been playing on West ever since. I had RL friends too who play, but with west. East server was bigger? I didn't know that. Koreans well....in general, they're everywhere . Your 2nd reason is a fair point. Heard lots of rumours about that sort of frequent shit going on back in 1.09. But thankfully those rip-off days are over. I'm pretty sure Bnet banned and deleted everyone's accounts who had those types of items. Recently like maybe 3-4 years ago, I remember you could still dupe hrs . Not sure about east whether duped hrs were possible back then....but man, that shit was so common then. Lots of fuckers would trade screen and tick box each other to make the duped hrs permanent. Good thing that's over too, now there's a bit more equality flowing around. Sadly, stuff like mf-bots who do baal runs, map hack, and fucking annoying spam/advert bots, battle net can do nothing about it .

Oh yeah speaking of mf, barbs are actually pretty damn good if it has around 250-400 MF. As a tip with them, Do hell chaos runs with it (ie. join chaos games), and as peeps kill, start looting ze bodies. Dug up quite a few hrs doing it that way...but I learn't from a really nerdy mate (not a RL one), 250-400 mf is the best range to loot and find good shit in chaos.

Yep. Never had really decent charms like those....either difficult to find for me, or couldn't afford them. Casters ruining GM games. There's bound to be at least one of man, you can guarantee it. Like I said, I suppose trolls makes it more interesting, and usually they do this because they want to steal gold so they can repair those damn expensive CoH's or enigmas (because apparently Ral runes are "hard to find" by some ). I don't blame I guess. Just fucking annoying.

P.S D3 Beta is downloadable for free now . Here's the link:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4105...nd_-20_04_2012

My fucking net keeps dropping out (ie. DSL light keeps shutting out and coming back on again)...so really...this client download is gunna take 20 hours .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users

Last edited by BroTree123 : 04-21-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #679

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is the noobs who used AA (auto aim program). It doesn't matter how good u are or how low your ping was, AA blizzard would hit you no matter what. I tested on my friends Blizzer, player can be 5 screens away barely appearing on your mini-map and you 1 hit them. It's 100% skilless way to duel and real obvious too when someone auto aims, when you get hammered by shards without sorc ever being on your screen and then claiming to "namelock" you. Sorbing them was the only way to win, or at least not die, especially if they had nightwings, -cold resist jewels etc, cold mastery lv 45+..

As far as 1.09>1.10, Blizzard did not ban anyone for hacked items, because then they'd have to ban 90% of b.net. They just deleted them. Still, many dupes remained (.08Windforce, .08 valk wing, SoJs, 3/20/20's, certain psn charms, hrs, some charms were used as currency as well, mainly 3/20/20's)

For MF, I used sorc always. Meteor/orb was best for quick tele baal runs and meph runs. I used ~600MF. Reason for sorc being is that I could solo meph naked with certain tactic. Also pindlebotting was win for waking up to a lot of uniques, that's how I got rich, just start the bot go to sleep and your char auto kills pindle over and over. BTW aren't barbs real sucky in chaos runs due to those mages spamming iron maiden? Or do u do river only and not the sanctum?

-------------

Not interested in D3 beta,btw Betas are always buggy pieces of shit and I wanna experience single player story first anyway. I already pre-ordered D3 from Jb-hifi less than a month to go.

Nadal - GOAT

Old 04-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #680
country flag BroTree123

That's the worst form of cheating ever . Well yep. AA is clearly the reason why I die for no reason when I walk out of town. Except I don't see anything though, I just die out of thin air. Yeah, so I guess the ones I actually see don't use AAP. I've actually lost a shit load of gold that way (ie. by dying seemingly for no reason when I walk out). Fuckers.

Lol yeah. I don't see bugged windforce and walk wings anymore...except the last time I've played, I've seen a fuckload of fellow duelers showing me perf torches . So yep, that's evidence right there. Dupes galore. Oh and speaking of certain psn charms, are the 450+ poison sc's (small charms) the duped/hacked ones? I think I got one lying around somewhere. Some guy dropped it in a free game I remember and I nabbed it.

With me I like using pure light sorc for MF. And I seriously won't survive if my merc doesn't have insight. Ever. You got an mf bot program? I never had one you cheater . I did all my MF manually, which is obviously frustrating but at least you know you earn the shit you find pretty good. Affirmative. Pindleskin is the best dude to kill over and over again. Also get 2 full rejuvs at the same time as well which is beneficial. By instinct, I kill Eldritch and Shenk first. Sometimes their drops are good, and at times it's absolutely woeful. One time I killed Shenk and one of the items dropped was a magic (ie. blue) identified long bow. Yes that was hell difficulty as well .

Barbs sucky in Chaos runs? Not if they're mf barbs mate. Let the others do the killing, YOU do the looting (ie. spam item find over and over again on ze dead corpses). Iron Maiden? Who gives a shit, you ain't attacking them . Oh and btw I'm pretty sure the latest patch got rid of iron maiden which is so damn good - I hated that so much. But if you're strong enough and get beef gear for your mf barb along with gg gear on your merc, you can solo mf runs anywhere (ie. just use the merc). Ethereal Ebotd War Pike . Infinite survival because of massive life leach, and also fort and I think I had that unique helm "Giant skull" bone visage, which still has two spare socs. When I started off when my barb was shit weak, I just follow the fellow chaos runners like a sheep, and when they kill, just spam find item (and make sure you hold plenty of mana pots on your belt) .

Btw I got a fatal error message, so my download fucked up...cauz I think it disconnected too many times . Piece of shit internet, I want to break this modem in half.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 AM   #681

Yep, getting hit by invisible attacks consistently was one of sure tell signs of being auto-aimed. You simply can't hit people from that far away on regular basis especially with awkward attacks like Blizzard. The main reason I didn't put Blizz sorcs as top tier dueler is because of the skill and difficulty it took to use the build in a legit way. With AA, it was 100% different. You just press one button and get kills without other player even being on your screen. It was like scrolling zons in 1.09, same garbage different class.

Btw, I would go insane if I had to MF manually for everything. Fuck that. Blizz made drop rates on elite uniques like 0.000001% which sucks ass. I don't really care about self-gratification of manual MF runs. I much prefer to bot my gears and then do what I like, such as fuck around with char builds, dueling etc..

.08 items weren't bugged. They simple dropped in patch 1.08. They got nerfed later, but people who had .08 version still got to keep the stats if they had the .08 version as a "reward". Prob is, they got duped like crazy, so there was no point in having 1.09 equivalents. WF/Shako/Arkaine Valor/Valk Wing/Vamp Gaze are items off the top of my head that I remember everyone used the .08 version of. They were simply better. 1.10 purged most of them, although WFs/Valk Wings remained. As for your 450 charm, most def duped. Most high end items are duped. Reason like I mentioned is very low % to find them and most traders in /trade had dozens of elites/hrs etc. If you ever dealt in trade channel, chances are most of your high end shit was duped.

My account was worth maybe 700-800 hrs in 1.10, maybe closer to 1000 really. My friends had full maxed accounts with hrs, 3/20/20's elite uniques etc Do you think that stuff was legit? It wasn't at risk of being deleted 'cuz everything was "legit" in Blizzard's eyes, but it was still duped shit - I didn't deal in bugs that remained from 1.09 such as 15vit/70 mana charms, so I was safe from bugged item purges.

For MF, Pindle was always botted. Baal had to be done manually 'cuz no bot can do him effectively (too dangerous). Other notable once were Shenk as you mentioned and countess in act1 (good chance to drop hrs). I also traded heavily - that was part of the fun, to find good deals or to find mega rich people who wanted something quick and making a profit Trading was half of the reason I played D2, it was like a social mini game and getting rich took skill and shrewdness

---

I am not fussed about D3 beta like I said earlier. I am not even gonna jump into multi right away. I am kinda a story nerd so I wanna see what happened after the events of LoD, so single player first for me

Nadal - GOAT

Old 04-22-2012, 02:39 AM   #682
country flag BroTree123

Only pu55ies use AA. Fuck them all. I would have had plenty more gold to repair my expensive shit if I didn't die cheaply. Course usually I withdraw my gold and place it somewhere...but some fucker manages to find that pile as well, no matter WHERE I hide it . I swear, I bet they have a program for this as well to track down which player has hidden his/her gold.

Well I did at some point, until I decided enough is enough and I started to use the mf barb. Two benefits, 1) you see killing action done by your party members, 2) you can try and pick up loots dropped, as well as using find item skill to loot corpses and other dead monsters. I'm too scared to download any of these programs, because last time I did, both CD keys (normal and LoD) got banned by b.net simultaneously. Had to buy two new fucking copies again. That was $50 down the drain for nothing. Blizz actually reduced MF when dealing with uniques? I didn't know that...but then again I hardly play cold sorc, let alone mf with one.

Yeah. I don't know much about the .08 version of gear but yeah it's believable that they're better than the more current versions. Anyways just looked up .08 Shako for shits and giggles. Holy fuck 40% life increase, indestructible, 100% ED -- shit they didn't have in the later versions. Anyways yeah, regarding the poison sc, I thought so. The guy in the free game wouldn't have dropped it willy nilly otherwise.

That's impressive. All my accounts including mules, probably isn't even worth 200 hrs all up. I'm not that rich but I guess they're still effective of what they do. Lol there's no such thing as "legit" anymore in anything. But because they are the type of items that you would find in a closed source game, it's considered legit anyway. So another program to dupe items. How do people get away with this shit?

Yeah, and there are 90+ hammerdins that deal with hell baal with ease. For fucks sake, they are even programmed to run a sequence of baal games to help other players level when joining in.

Countess . I know a trick where she can always have good drops, or at least have better drops than usual then if you were just repeating killing her with the same mfer. First of all, get a char that hasn't completed hell countess quest before, and make the game room (that's preferably passworded). Wait for a few mins, kill some shit or w/e to pass time, then exit, come back with your real mfer, and kill countess. What it does is that it assumes that the quest hasn't been done before, just because the char who made the game, hasn't done the quest. And whenever you do shit for the first time, the drops are at their peak . It might be time consuming but it's well worth the time. It's better than repeating the shit over and over again with an mfer that's done countess before. Sometimes I dig out a mid hr or even a hr within the space of around....6-7 created games. It's a shame Gul runes are common though, they are shit . If there were any decent runewords with Gul, then they'd be worth so much more.

Hot spots for hrs IMO -- Tower Cellar (ie. countess), Inner Cloister, Travincal (ie. councils), Chaos Sanctuary, and maybe the odd Frigid Highlands (sometimes if you clear the area, you're lucky enough to find one. Found a Ber one time from clearing frigid ).

For sojs, best chance is hell andy. Even better if you get a char that hasn't done andy before, get that char to make the game, then exit, bring your mfer and kill andy.

--

Yeah same, I'm into the story as well. The stories of first and second have been exquisite. However I'm actually not too optimistic about this third story. I mean the fact that they chucked in Deckard Cain's adopted daughter in there, makes it feel like blizzard had a story block for this one. I also found the trailers a tad gay as well, but oh well, we shall see the final result in a month's time .
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 04-22-2012, 03:05 AM   #683

AAing was pretty much for noobs who had no skills, so I had no qualms about sorbing them, potting against them and NKing them. 99% of the time AA'er was a public scrub blizz sorc/necro/FoHer etc, none of the duelers in GM duels used it as they'd get ridiculed and no one would take them seriously ever again.

I dunno about finding gold, never heard of that program (and believe me, I have had MANY progs installed ). I usually tranferred my gold for after dueling for gambling. It could yield some decent rare jewelry. Also I used shop bot to shop for 90+ life 4 socket armors with low str reqs which legit zons used in duels (socket them with ed/ias jewels).

I never got banned I guess I was lucky, 'cause many people were. Not even for botting, just for basic maphack. It was hilarious to see people get banned for maphack while dupers got away scot free There is no way to detect duping because they abuse a server glitch not an outside program. That's why they get away. There are ways to detect botting/maphack/auto aiming, but with duping it's impossible.

Did you trade at all? I found MF tedious, that's why I botted I found I can make some good deals in /trade rather than mindlessly MFing. There were LOTS of rich people (talking about thousands of hrs rich). I used to get HRs for basic uniques which they found lacking and needed straight away. Trading was great

For D3, I wish they kept some of the darker elements. Like in original where you passed burning, desecrated churches, naked bodies impaled on burning crosses etc. D3 is too cartoony IMO. Needs to be darker and bring about that sense of dread the classics had. I guess they'd get in trouble with censoring groups etc if they did that today.

Nadal - GOAT

Old 04-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #684
country flag BroTree123

Not surprising.

There probably is, otherwise my pile of gold I drop via various waypoints wouldn't be gone every time I come back to get it. And when I come back it's usually around 3-4 minutes just to check up on it to see if it's still there (most of the time, it isn't ). Those armours . Sometimes I try to find, and buy that equivalent type of armour (usually on an ancient armour), but fit for LLD's, then fill them in with ED/max dmg jewels. Best shit ever. Level 15 duels ftw.

Well lucky for you then. Must have been an untrustworthy program but still, I can't take anymore chances. My friend went through a similar fate, except he's 100% sure the program he downloaded, won't get him caught. Others weren't caught with it, but he was...so. Really unlucky. I can't risk that.

Sometimes, but I feel I lack too much knowledge in trading, and knowing whether something is worth another thing, etc, etc. I get ripped off sometimes which is bad. I still trade, just not as often. I like to implement some nasty tricks sometimes to make trading hilarious , eg. Swap anni for mephistos soulstone , soj rings/mara ammys for ones that look equivalent, the stronger runeword type to the weaker runeword equivalent (trust me, this one ALWAYS fools people ), war travs for light plated boots , man it goes on and on.

---

True that. Ah nostalgia. D1 was the shit. That was actually freaky because everywhere was completely dark. The only thing that is lighted is your hero. Even scarier if you had shit light radius. Fuck man, the scariest monsters were when you get half way through, you have to fight those yellow monsters that suddenly materialize in front of the characters face. Those yellow types are the scariest, and they did heaps of damage .

Man those violent props were the best. Speared naked bodies , I remember that. Remember the succubus and their massive boobs and asses hanging out? . I know. D1 is the scariest, D2 is less scary, D3 is just..... urgh . There doesn't seem to be any "fear factor" in D3 at all. But that's because it's dependent on the environment. D1 you're always below the ground, D2 & D3 has a mix of underground and surface exploration. And you're right, it does look cartoony D3.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users

Last edited by BroTree123 : 04-22-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:18 AM   #685
country flag BroTree123

Bitch please.

No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users

Last edited by BroTree123 : 04-23-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Made the image smaller.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #686

I agree about atmosphere. Classic Diablo and to a lesser extent Diablo 2 had it in droves. It felt like you were venturing into deep pits of depravity and evil when you played it. My fondest memory in Diablo was entering a room full of mutilated bodies and The Butcher screaming "Fresh Meat" as he lunged at you with an oversized cleaver. That was scary as a kid, especially when playing in a dark room They don't make games like that anymore.

I don't have probs with Blizz making games cartoony - after all I played WoW for 6-7 years and I played WarcraftII/III like a maniac. But I have a problem with making games, that traditionally embraced dark atmosphere and horror, seem like another boring cartoon show. The whole atmosphere of Diablo was always pure evil, despair, horror and depravity. I feel like D3 is taking away from that. I will still play it, but I am saddened that Blizz lost its balls when making a true gothic/horror RPG. You can say that naked succubi, desecrated churches and impaled bodies on pikes are disgusting and wrong, but that was the charm of the game. You actually saw the world around you get corrupted.

Anyway, I hope for a decent game, knowing that it's Blizzard I doubt it will be horrible. I deliberately avoid visiting the official site and forums, because I hate spoilers. I will get the game and then play single player just for the story I will get into dueling and MFing a couple of months after.

Nadal - GOAT

Old 04-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #687
country flag BroTree123

I remember that. Butcher was so hard to deal with when you first start off. That room was pretty fucking freaky indeed. But that's what I loved about the first D, the butcher was one example of the fear you get from playing it. Fucking genius. Now there's all this bullshit research claiming that "any violence-inducing stimuli in games cause increase in crime rates, particularly murder", etc, etc. Hence that's why violent games these days aren't really...well...all that violent in a visual point of view. Well, there is violence, but modern games make it "more faker" these days. Even with other console games, even when it's really gory, you can tell without effort that it's not particularly realistic. You don't really feel your actually "into the game, fearing for your life" anymore.

All Warcrafts were cartoony, but that's fine because Warcraft does not essentially serve a "violent" purpose while the Diablo series does (pretty much what you're saying). Mind you, I enjoyed a fair bit of Warcraft myself (particularly 3, but haven't played that in almost 3 years now). Never got into WoW. I know right, Diablo is nothing but that. Dude D2 took that away already, even before D3. Don't you agree that the violence in D2 (ie. the killing of monsters, the props; such as burning buildings, dead bodies, etc, even the music at times, etc) is not as realistic as D1? Just as a side note, I don't think any game beats the realistic appearance of a skeleton in D1, it's perfect. It's one of many examples of how "you feel like you're actually the character inside the game, and fearing every corner of danger". Like you said, you can feel the corrupted world in the game. Hell man, Blizzard in general is losing it's touch. I don't see them surviving in the industry that much longer after a few more releases.

Overall I think D3 will be decent, I just finished playing the beta last night. Fairly exciting. Should give it a go man, as a feel-around (today's the last day to download it I think, otherwise I could send you my downloaded file if you change your mind). It feels really similar to Champions: Return to Arms which is a PS2 console game, which I also adore. The atmosphere and the environment, I say it's quite decent. There's an OK level of violence but obviously not as "realistic" as past D games. I won't give the opening story away but, I think, it's bizarre but I guess it's "believable" (not sure if that was the right word to describe it). Overall it's okay. With regards to dueling and MFing in D3, I'm not particularly sure about how we could control it but I guess we shall see.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users

Last edited by BroTree123 : 04-24-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #688

There are still violent games for sure. Diablo series weren't even on top of the list. It was easy to make a violent game. As an example see Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, where in one mission you got to massacre a bunch of civilians with an assault rifle (VERY controversial as you might be able to guess, that mission came with a warning). The main thing that made Diablo beautiful is the "wrongness" of the whole thing. You felt like you were really inside the world battling crazed demons. It was atmosphere, not the violence. It was the same in Dragon Age if you played it. The scene and story leading up to broodmother battle was one of the most disturbing things I have experienced in an RPG.

I don't think Blizzard will ever go downhill. They can release blank DVDs at this point and still bathe in cash because of WoW. It has like 10million+ subscribers. And with new xpac coming out the numbers will only go up. WOW is what gives Blizz the freedom to develop games. It's a huge cash cow. Starcraft series have a cult following as well, particularly in Korea. It's a way of life over there.

I just might give D3 beta a pass at this point and wait for actual release. I just hope combat is as dynamic and free flowing as original series. I heard they introduced cooldowns for skills a la WoW, which disappointed me because that leads to slower combat, It worked in WOW because it's an MMO, not sure if it'll work in action RPG like Diablo.

Nadal - GOAT

Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #689
country flag BroTree123

CODMW2 yeah is violent, which is hugely intentional. So it's kinda hard not to make it fake lol. In the Diablo context, I guess violence is not the word, but I guess "cryptic" in a sense. It's just so weird (of course coupled with some violence eg. corpses, blood, etc) that it's scary and sort of "believable" if you will. The fact that no one knows what's below under a church makes you wonder about that. The first Diablo captured that imagination into people's minds magnificently. Like you said, it's the atmosphere that draws players into awe. I can't describe it in words man, it's just unbelievable. And also the fact that it feels "old" makes it even more scarier. Course now the theme has evolved into more of a fantasy environment where everything seems 'magical' and 'mystic', but you could still feel a corrupt atmosphere, just not as "violent" or "wrong" (I can't describe it). Anyways, never played DA but I have seen screenshots, so I can imagine the atmosphere would be pretty surreal as well.

Oh yeah I keep forgetting about WoW . I guess they're here to stay, but God their storylines for the games they've produced lately. It's like...omfg (eg. Starcraft 2). I mean what on Earth were they thinking? De-infesting Kerrigan with some magical relic that just so happens to be there? Puh-lease . Jim Raynor becomes quite dumb as well. Just hope D3 doesn't suffer the game fate of a shitty storyline -- and that's why I said earlier that I'm "not too optimistic" about this new story in D3. But yeah anyways going back to WoW, it will make Blizzard last for a long time that's for sure.

Alright up to you. But I believe (well...others have said anyway) it gives you a head start though because I think you can keep your beta chars and bring it into the final D3 product (I THINK so, correct me if I'm wrong). I hope so too, and most importantly, an impressive storyline for once from Blizzard. And yes, there are cooldowns. It's okay. I don't really mind, but the problem with that is, it makes me feel like I'm playing Warcraft 3 again (a little bit). So perhaps a tinge of unoriginality creeping in there.
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #690
country flag BroTree123

Side note regarding FAQ on the D3 Beta weekend:

Quote:
Can all regions/countries participate?

Due to regional differences and features of the stress test client, Korean players will not be able to partake in the stress test weekend. However, beginning the week of April 23, we will be conducting a separate, invitation-only closed beta test that will give players in Korea a chance to try out the game, along with players in the regions of Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau.
I wonder why
No shit.
Quote:
Quote:

Banned Users