The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #46
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I was 1 of the about 30 people who have bought Ico when it first came out. I was drawn into its atmosphere, the strange world and the two (lost) main characters. I feel so nostalgic when I remember the time I played Ico. This game felt so sad and so satisfying at the same time. Very beautiful.
the problem is that Shadow of the Colossus really raised the standard for me, therfore I couldn't enjoy the relatively slow paced sluggish controls of Ico, dragging a girl and running away from the shadows didn't seem very appealing to me

have you played SotC?

Quote:
The ending of FF10 is the saddest I have ever seen. I knew something was wrong with Tidus but never guessed what exactly and when Yuna run to him and he opened his arms to embrace her ... I have never cried like that on a video game before or after that one.
As for FF7 yes, it is very good one extraordinary storyline.
yes such a sad ending, and that embrace also that teary kiss underwater was one of the most romantic scenes I saw in a video game, really moving.

FF8 had such a well done story too, very romantic and loved the characters there
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #47
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The ending of FF10 is the saddest I have ever seen. I knew something was wrong with Tidus but never guessed what exactly and when Yuna run to him and he opened his arms to embrace her ... I have never cried like that on a video game before or after that one.
As for FF7 yes, it is very good one extraordinary storyline.
Luckily for us FFX-2 and its "perfect ending" – plus a fair amount of fan service – came not too long after.

X's ending was good enough by itself though.

David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H Herbert

Shirogane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #48
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

talking about gamecube.

Did you guys get to play spartan: total warrior?

CD would love this game

I have mario golf,super mario strikers and mario kart.

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #49
Shirogane

Shirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond reputeShirogane has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a Cube just for Resident Evil's remake

David Nalbandian ♦ Roger Federer ♦ Mikhail Youzhny ♦ Dustin Brown ♦ Nikolay Davydenko ♦ P-H Herbert

Old 07-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #50
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Mario Kart 2-player battle mode
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #51
country flag recessional

recessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond reputerecessional has a reputation beyond repute

i think i'm too stupid for the world ends with you's battle system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
it's even more fun if you play it with four people. total chaos. especially the battle mode where you had to catch the shine sprite (talking about mario kart: double dash!!). good times.

mario kart wii's online player mode is my favourite, though. unbelievably frustrating, but a lot of fun. though, it's not so much fun when there's some asshole playing with a hacked game and has unlimited blue shells to throw.
recessional is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:11 AM   #52
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.spiele-zone.de/seiten/kla...ii-classic.php
misses my 2 fav characters though
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #53
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
the problem is that Shadow of the Colossus really raised the standard for me, therfore I couldn't enjoy the relatively slow paced sluggish controls of Ico, dragging a girl and running away from the shadows didn't seem very appealing to me

have you played SotC?
yes, I have but it is very different to Ico. Only the feeling of the lonliness is the same. To me Yorda was not a burden but rather a partner in that lonely world. Sad story

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
yes such a sad ending, and that embrace also that teary kiss underwater was one of the most romantic scenes I saw in a video game, really moving.

FF8 had such a well done story too, very romantic and loved the characters there
yes I too liked FF8 though many fans thought it was the weakest in the series. Squall is my all time fav FF male character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Luckily for us FFX-2 and its "perfect ending" – plus a fair amount of fan service – came not too long after.

X's ending was good enough by itself though.
never played 10-2. I didn't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Same for me with Crash Team Racing I and another 3 of my friends had many hours of great fun playing this game (it is for 4 players, we broke several joypads playing CTR )
Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #54
country flag Vida

Vida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond reputeVida has a reputation beyond repute

homeworld was a great game. dont think there was anything quite like it after the series was over.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #55
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (Part 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #56
country flag Purple Rainbow

Purple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond reputePurple Rainbow has a reputation beyond repute

Civilization is my favourite series of all time.

Civ 1!

Now looking forward to Civ 5!

Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #57
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

This is my favorite series. I can't believe it was closed down, every game was innovative.

:
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #58
Shirogane

Shenmue – Dreamcast (1999!!)

Old 07-06-2010, 06:25 PM   #59
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Shenmue 2 of the best games ever made IMO.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #60
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
Shenmue – Dreamcast (1999!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Shenmue 2 of the best games ever made IMO.

Glad to see other fans of Shenmue on MTF.

They are incredible games and it's a shame the series will never be finished.