The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #511
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Does anyone here think that gaming, like most things in the world, has been touched by political correctness and started catering to people with no spine?

I remember playing old age classics like Diablo 1/2 and passing desecrated churches and impaled people burning on crosses. Or the Butcher's chamber filled with mutilated bodies?

Sure, the graphics were shit, but the atmosphere was amazing.

Looking at the new Diablo 3, it looks like an anime action game, rather than dark, gothic RPG. Body parts explode in hilarious and exaggerated fashion. Character attacks look like something inspired from DBZ.

When will developers get some guts and make games like they used to?
Agree to some extent. I looked forward to diablo3 but sadly they went in the wrong direction and made it a colorful "world of warcraft style" instead of a dark gothic and sinister style that they should have gone for. It will no doubt still be good but could have been so much better. But there are still brutal games. The gears of war series is sorta dark and filled with gore and not very PK for example.

My biggest problem with modern games is that they are so dumbed down. It's like they are made for people with an attention span of 5 minutes.

I remember playing the old strategy games like the x-com series, age of empires series etc and they were all awesome games that also demanded your brain to work.

Today gaming is mostly tailored for the console market and so dumbed down that it sort of alienated an old school gamer like me. I still enjoy the occasional game but I don't get how some people can sit days and play games that might have neat graphics but are so dumb and repetitive. Gameplay>graphics
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 07:57 AM   #512
country flag merryploughbhoy

merryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond reputemerryploughbhoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Agree to some extent. I looked forward to diablo3 but sadly they went in the wrong direction and made it a colorful "world of warcraft style" instead of a dark gothic and sinister style that they should have gone for. It will no doubt still be good but could have been so much better. But there are still brutal games. The gears of war series is sorta dark and filled with gore and not very PK for example.

My biggest problem with modern games is that they are so dumbed down. It's like they are made for people with an attention span of 5 minutes.

I remember playing the old strategy games like the x-com series, age of empires series etc and they were all awesome games that also demanded your brain to work.

Today gaming is mostly tailored for the console market and so dumbed down that it sort of alienated an old school gamer like me. I still enjoy the occasional game but I don't get how some people can sit days and play games that might have neat graphics but are so dumb and repetitive. Gameplay>graphics
Yes, very good points.... Console games are diluted these days, the delevopers make their money too easy because they know their tried and tested games will always sell every year as there not much competition. One thing is for sure though - you can rely on nintendo to deliver with the new zelda game, there's never been a bad one, always a masterpiece, well to anyone who appreciates a challenge and not a narrow 'on the rails' fancy graphics type. Also I'm sure GTA 5 will get the PC brigade flustered. I really hope they make it more like san andreas compared to GTA 4 which was a step backwards I feel.
merryploughbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:26 AM   #513
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well considering the best selling games are now boring, dull and repetitive FPSs it says a lot I say.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #514
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

At least we have Topspin 4 which is fairly complicated .

Skyrim is going to impede on my ACC campaigning...

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #515
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Few days back I have finished Assassin's Creed II I like this franchise very much.

Yesterday I have started Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory ) but today got Skyrim and Uncharted 3 and I will start one of them. Probably Skyrim
Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #516
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

No! Start Uncharted 3 first, the campaign is pretty short. If you start Skyrim you may not touch Uncharted for quite a while...
Old 11-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #517
country flag Certinfy

Started Modern Warfare 3 today and Resistance 3 and Dead Space 2 recently.

Resistance 3 single player is easily better than Modern Warfare 3's I say. Just shows how overrated that piece of shit really is.

Too many games at the moment and I can't keep up!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #518
country flag berikson

berikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond reputeberikson has a reputation beyond repute

im buying Skyrim today i finished oblivion it was class
berikson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #519
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

I really must put skyrim down
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #520
country flag Certinfy

Finished Modern Warfare 3 (on Veteran, it's piss easy compared to MW and WaW on Veteran) and Assassin's Creed Revelations today. The ending of Modern Warfare 3 was pretty much expected, but it was kind of funny. As for Assassin's Creed, it's practically the same game as II and Brotherhood but for some reason I enjoyed this one a lot more.

About to finish Resistance 3 now. But so far from finishing the campaigns of fairly new games I give:
Modern Warfare 3 - 6/10
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 8/10
Uncharted 3 - 8/10
Resistance 3 - 8/10
Batman Arkham City - 9/10

The thing is with ALL of those games they're all near identical to the last game of the series. Besides improvements in graphics etc. I really doubt an average gamer could tell which the sequel or prequel was made first.

Going to return MW3 and ACR tomorrow so I might opt to get Saints Row 3 since there's nothing else to get. I don't know though, I've got so much studying to do and SR3 looks like a game which will keep me entertained for quite a while. Anyone already got it? Definitely don't want to get Skyrim, I'm not really into RPGs but I know it's a game I could get myself addicted to for weeks.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:36 PM   #521
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

ooohhh I didn't know there was a gaming thread

Games I'm playing atm:

Uncharted 3
Batman AC
Gears of war 3
Fifa 12.

Uncharted is just beautiful

Arkham City is definitely one of the best games of 2011.

Gears for me, online is very fun, if you haven't got it yet, then definitely get it, you won't regret the phurchase

Fifa 12....well....
GOAT = Fed is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #522
country flag GOAT = Fed

GOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond reputeGOAT = Fed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Finished Modern Warfare 3 (on Veteran, it's piss easy compared to MW and WaW on Veteran) and Assassin's Creed Revelations today. The ending of Modern Warfare 3 was pretty much expected, but it was kind of funny. As for Assassin's Creed, it's practically the same game as II and Brotherhood but for some reason I enjoyed this one a lot more.

About to finish Resistance 3 now. But so far from finishing the campaigns of fairly new games I give:
Modern Warfare 3 - 6/10
Assassin's Creed Revelations - 8/10
Uncharted 3 - 8/10
Resistance 3 - 8/10
Batman Arkham City - 9/10

The thing is with ALL of those games they're all near identical to the last game of the series. Besides improvements in graphics etc. I really doubt an average gamer could tell which the sequel or prequel was made first.

Going to return MW3 and ACR tomorrow so I might opt to get Saints Row 3 since there's nothing else to get. I don't know though, I've got so much studying to do and SR3 looks like a game which will keep me entertained for quite a while. Anyone already got it? Definitely don't want to get Skyrim, I'm not really into RPGs but I know it's a game I could get myself addicted to for weeks.
Do you buy all these games or rent them?!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #523
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT = Fed View Post
ooohhh I didn't know there was a gaming thread

Games I'm playing atm:

Uncharted 3
Batman AC
Gears of war 3
Fifa 12.

Uncharted is just beautiful

Arkham City is definitely one of the best games of 2011.

Gears for me, online is very fun, if you haven't got it yet, then definitely get it, you won't regret the phurchase

Fifa 12....well....
Dude, we need to add each other on XBL and PSN! My PSN ID is "Certinfy" and my XBL GT is "Jason Fernandes" if you want to add me.

Will try Gears then, I think I saw it for around £20 pre-owned so at that price I guess it's worth a shot.

Quote:
Do you buy all these games or rent them?!
It depends. If I know when I finish the campaign of a game and I'll never touch it again I generally rent which in this case is like Uncharted and Batman. With buying I usually buy if I plan to keep playing that game or if I can make some profit if I sell it, I bought MW3 for £28 and CEX pay £33 for it so I'll sell that no doubt. Only odd one out is Assassins Creed which I won last week, haha!

Thing is I'm only 20 years old and have 2 PS3s, 2 360s and at a point had about 120 PS3 and 360 games combined and it just became a huge pain so I just try to keep my collection as small as possible with games I'll play regularly now.
Old 11-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #524
country flag GOAT = Fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Dude, we need to add each other on XBL and PSN! My PSN ID is "Certinfy" and my XBL GT is "Jason Fernandes" if you want to add me.

Will try Gears then, I think I saw it for around £20 pre-owned so at that price I guess it's worth a shot.

It depends. If I know when I finish the campaign of a game and I'll never touch it again I generally rent which in this case is like Uncharted and Batman. With buying I usually buy if I plan to keep playing that game or if I can make some profit if I sell it, I bought MW3 for £28 and CEX pay £33 for it so I'll sell that no doubt. Only odd one out is Assassins Creed which I won last week, haha!

Thing is I'm only 20 years old and have 2 PS3s, 2 360s and at a point had about 120 PS3 and 360 games combined and it just became a huge pain so I just try to keep my collection as small as possible with games I'll play regularly now.
Alright mate, I'll add you on both xbox and Ps3. I'll hit you up with play with you. Get Gears it is definitely worth it for £20, no brainer

Ooohhh. I buy quite a lot of games, but I primarily rent my games from Lovefilm
Old 11-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #525
country flag Certinfy

Quote:
Alright mate, I'll add you on both xbox and Ps3. I'll hit you up with play with you. Get Gears it is definitely worth it for £20, no brainer

Ooohhh. I buy quite a lot of games, but I primarily rent my games from Lovefilm
Will do then. Never played the first but had the second a few years back and thought it was nothing more than an average game to be fair, hopefully I find this one better.

Renting definitely seems better I say, I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates buying games, playing them for a few days and never touching them again.

You have Top Spin 4 by the way? If you do on Xbox it'll be awesome to play.