The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #436
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
That's cool, so want to play it. But I mean the fact that you can't take a gun out in free roam kind of ruins it for me, I know you're meant to be a cop but it would have at least added more replay value to it..
Yeh I can't see it having much replay value unfortunately. The main problem is that the cases are episodic and can get a bit repetitive. Seems like a stronger narrative running through the game would have been better if they didn't want to go the free roaming route.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #437
country flag dombrfc

dombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond reputedombrfc has a reputation beyond repute

Love all Rockstar games

And prefer tennis elbow to dream match
Old 05-30-2011, 05:58 AM   #438
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute

America's Army 3 fukin owns... Much better than any Cod, it's a realistic war simulation, with the leanings and the divings, rolling, prone, etc. and the huge maps. Cod and other games have shitty "arenas" and with the new patch that will eliminate the annoying bugs it will be even better. Also great that you have to treat your injured teammates, not the crappy auto heal that lame CoD games have .... It's an original game by original developers, the bashers are only jealous like fukkk, It's free and it's the best shooter game I know of. Try it m8s

downloads in about 40 minutes
Nekromanta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 AM   #439
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The Witcher 2 is probably the greatest RPG ever made. Gotta plough em all.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:18 AM   #440
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
To be honest the Witcher 1 even with its timed-clicking fights is much better than Witcher 2. Better dungeons, better boss fights, and the ability to incinerate your foes with a torch at low levels using skill for example. +much better atmosphere. The witcher 2 is much more of a console game.... And it hardly has any monsters/maps, nothing to do...
Old 05-30-2011, 06:39 AM   #441
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

The Witcher had atrocious combat and that ridiculous swamp area that made 80% of people stop playing. The decisions you make have far less impact than the ones you make in the second game. Factor in that the game was built from the ground up (and looks incredible obviously) compared to the first which was running a modified Never Winter Nights engine which, lets face it, was terribad.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:40 AM   #442
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No doubt a decent game that I'll buy when it goes down in price (in spite of the first Witcher failing to have really grabbed me), but this SURELY cannot be true.

I think of the delighted hours spent with games like Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Mass Effect, even Drakensang for that matter, and it makes me very skeptical of your claim.

However, I am thrilled to hear such a glowing endorsement; I'll add it to the queue.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #443
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Factor in that the game was built from the ground up (and looks incredible obviously) compared to the first which was running a modified Never Winter Nights engine which, lets face it, was terribad.
I've played a lot of the Neverwinter Nights series and a little bit of the first Witcher and the latter felt nothing like the former to me. If it was indeed based on the same engine, it must have undergone some rather significant tweaks for the worse.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #444
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
No doubt a decent game that I'll buy when it goes down in price (in spite of the first Witcher failing to have really grabbed me), but this SURELY cannot be true.

I think of the delighted hours spent with games like Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights 2, Dragon Age, Oblivion, Mass Effect, even Drakensang for that matter, and it makes me very skeptical of your claim.

However, I am thrilled to hear such a glowing endorsement; I'll add it to the queue.
You're right, it's not true... it's crap.. If you wanna play a really good RPG try Gothic 2+Night of the Raven expansion..... Best RPG ever. Even voted for that by ingrained D&D players/Baldur's gate fans. Incredible depth...
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #445
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of RPGs, I'm playing Demon's Souls now... It's really hard . I'm on my second playthrough and can hardly survive the easiest stages...
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #446
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The Witcher had atrocious combat and that ridiculous swamp area that made 80% of people stop playing. The decisions you make have far less impact than the ones you make in the second game. Factor in that the game was built from the ground up (and looks incredible obviously) compared to the first which was running a modified Never Winter Nights engine which, lets face it, was terribad.
lol, I had no idea the swamp was such a killer for many people. I thought it was just me but at that point of the game, the combat clicking really bored the hell out of me. I didn't do alchemy at all so maybe I did a disservice there.

Gothic 2 was a great imo, but I still enjoyed Morrowind and its mods the most out of all rpgs.

For those interested in Top Spin 4, I just sold mine on ebay after a month's worth of playing. So much potential down the tubes if you are an online gamer.

For the past three weeks, online has been broken. No one can really connect to each other, play the world tour, or the 2k tour. You can only play people on your friends list without any trouble at this point, and 2k sports hasn't announced any intentions on fixing it. They've got to have the worst support of their games once it's been released.

There's also a numerous amount of stat hackers/padders that give 99 points to their serve, volley, and other abilities, making it impossible to beat them. So, if you are lucky to connect to someone after 10 minutes, your match might end in 5 minutes while this 15-year old plows you.

Avoid the game at all costs until 2k actually starts giving a damn
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #447
country flag kooties

kooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Speaking of RPGs, I'm playing Demon's Souls now... It's really hard . I'm on my second playthrough and can hardly survive the easiest stages...
Scariest game ever. Gathering up a bunch of souls, only to find out that some uber character invaded your homeworld.

By the way, anyone exited for the new Playstation Vita (PSP2)? I sure am, I haven't been able to play my PS3 for like 3 months now since I'm rarely at home. Hopefully this new handheld i'll be able to play current-gen games again.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #448
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Microsoft E3 conference in a few hours, same time as Apple's WWDC as well.

Can't wait for the next PSP whatever it's called, kooties. At the moment it's my most anticipated electronic device ever, no doubt a day one purchase for me, looks great hardware wise and I can't see this being a disappointment, can't wait till tomorrow when Sony give us more details on it
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #449
country flag kooties

kooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond repute

Woot, can't wait for the Big 3 conferences (Sony, Nintendo, MS)

The Witcher being announced for the 360 recently was a big one, hope Microsoft tops that with an even bigger announcement. Also hope that they still think of the non-Kinect gamers.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #450
country flag tennisfan856

tennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond reputetennisfan856 has a reputation beyond repute

if you guys have a ps3, make sure to take advantage of their welcome back program. I'm about to pick up little big planet and wipeout. Infamous is a must get if you don't have it already.
tennisfan856 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote