The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #331
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #332
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! How did I miss this thread?!

I'm a huge gamer! Predominantly PC (I have a Wii and DS, but they gather dust most of the time). RTS, RPG, and some shooters.

Loved COD4 online, but avoided MW2 because it seemed clownish - killstreak rewards really over the top.

I have been playing the HELL out of multiplayer Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Any Battlefielders here, I wonder?

Last edited by Seingeist : 11-08-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #333
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

I've started the single campaign of Bad Company 2 just to get a feel for it, but didn't really like it.

Currently playing NBA 2k11 the most, mainly My Player mode, but I'm loving the Jordan inclusion, haven't really started to explore the Jordan challenges yet.

Also playing a bit of the new FIFA and F1 2010. F1 game is alright, quite fun, somewhat frustrating at times tho, don't really see myself driving the 100% races anytime soon.

Anyway I'm mainly looking forward to the new Football Manager 2011, which is scheduled for release at the start of next month. That's when the fun will begin.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #334
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
I've started the single campaign of Bad Company 2 just to get a feel for it, but didn't really like it.

Currently playing NBA 2k11 the most, mainly My Player mode, but I'm loving the Jordan inclusion, haven't really started to explore the Jordan challenges yet.

Also playing a bit of the new FIFA and F1 2010. F1 game is alright, quite fun, somewhat frustrating at times tho, don't really see myself driving the 100% races anytime soon.

Anyway I'm mainly looking forward to the new Football Manager 2011, which is scheduled for release at the start of next month. That's when the fun will begin.
Yeah, I haven't really touched the single campaign at all. Battlefield's always been all about the multiplayer, which is absolutely stellar (apart from lag issues). If you like online shooters at all, I'd highly recommend it.

NBA 2K11 looked really awesome from the reviews, but sadly, I don't own any of the necessary consoles. Really did look amazing though.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #335
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
Yeah, I haven't really touched the single campaign at all. Battlefield's always been all about the multiplayer, which is absolutely stellar (apart from lag issues). If you like online shooters at all, I'd highly recommend it.

NBA 2K11 looked really awesome from the reviews, but sadly, I don't own any of the necessary consoles. Really did look amazing though.
Yes, I know it's mainly aimed at online gaming, but I hadn't really played any of the previous Battlefield installments and wanted to get the feel for the game.

NBA 2k11 is also available for PCs (first pc version was NBA 2k9). I only play pc games and I have an xbox 360 controller, which works brilliantly for PCs too.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #336
country flag Seingeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloKid View Post
Yes, I know it's mainly aimed at online gaming, but I hadn't really played any of the previous Battlefield installments and wanted to get the feel for the game.

NBA 2k11 is also available for PCs (first pc version was NBA 2k9). I only play pc games and I have an xbox 360 controller, which works brilliantly for PCs too.
Oh I didn't realize it was on PC! I might just have to pick that up!

I wasn't a Battlefield player either before BC2, and I got my "feel" for it by jumping right into the multiplayer. Obviously, there's a steep learning curve, and you'd get owned initially, but you get better quickly, and there are actually servers that are dedicated to lower level players.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #337
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quick reviews on the games I'm currently playing:

Mafia II (PS3) - It was never meant to be a sandbox game and that becomes pretty clear after you complete a few chapters, either way having the whole of Empire Bay (NYC) to roam around in is an asset to the game. Anyway the story is pretty amazing to say the least, and by far one of the best stories I've experienced in a console game. Gameplay is solid as well, but my biggest gripe is the graphics, cars and characters look fine compared to the 360 and PC versions however on the PS3 version the textures of the city, grass etc... are horrible to say the least. As for the city in the game it may not be as big or as rewarding as Liberty City for example however Empire Bay is much more lively and realistic. Definitely worth a rent if you enjoy these kind of games.

Fifa 11 (PS3) - Never played Fifa 10 so I was taking around a 2 years jump from Fifa 09 to Fifa 11 and to be honest I can't tell the differences very much. Fair enough I'm not a huge fan of football, but still the differences are minor, I'm not saying it's not a good football game, because it is a good football game, but I personally don't feel it's a lot different to some of the previous ones. The graphics are another thing I have to comment about, Fifa 07 (360) had stunning graphics and since then the graphics of Fifa have gone downhill, why is this? It's clearly noticeable in other EA Sports titles such as Tiger Woods or Madden as well. Anyway I give the game a 7/10.

Halo Reach (360) - What do you get when you add all of Bungie's 9 years working with the Halo series? Apparently Halo Reach. This may well be the biggest Halo of all time but is it really better than the others, well the online is, and is by far the best online I've ever experienced in a FPS and along with the Theatre mode it's great! On the other hand the campaign is no better than Halo 3, in fact Halo 3's was probably more fun and enjoyable. Besides that everything else has been improved, especially the graphics. Overall I rate it a 8/10.

F1 2010 (360) - It's been around a 3 year wait but boy has it been worth it! When Codemasters attained the F1 licence 2 years ago I couldn't help but feel a little worried, going from GRID and DiRT I thought they were going to flop this up. Over time it got worse and worse we as the public found out it was going to have 'flashbacks', and use the 'EGO' engine, what didn't help is that F1 2009 (Wii and PSP) was HORRIBLE! No doubt did I personally expect it to be a kiddish arcade racer! Ignoring all of that but Codemasters absolutely nailed F1 2010, the game isn't too realistic nor arcadey but they clearly got the mix between the two exactly right! Career mode is decent at most however a lot better than previous F1 games but the whole concept of it is great, the 'Live the Life' addition doesn't quite work yet but no doubt it could be a huge addition to F1 2011. The real fun however comes from the online features, it's a shame the licence only allows 12 player races but I actually feel it's a great thing, with the amount of idiots you can get online there's no need for an extra 12 'rammers' on the track. Besides that graphics are great, and the gameplay is awesome (par a few bugs which are being sorted out). By far the best racing game I've played in years, no doubt worth a buy for any racing fans out there especially PS3 ones since GT5 is delayed again. 9/10 from me.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 PM   #338
country flag Seingeist

Halo Reach is basically the only thing that makes me resent the fact that I don't own a 360.

Good mini-reviews !
Old 10-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #339
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Fifa 11 is a completely different game to Fifa 10, let alone 09.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:59 PM   #340
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Some more games I've recently finished and some short reviews.

Medal of Honor (360) - To sum it up it's practically Battlefield and Call of Duty put in one, just it fails. Everything is average or simply outdated, gameplay feels the same as other First Person Shooters, the graphics are poor and well if you were to play through the campaign you can pretty much tell it's a blatant copy of Call of Duty. That aside the online is decent, but I found it nowhere near fun or addicting as other First Person Shooters. Also with all the shit EA are bringing up with codes to play online and stuff if you're considering getting this, don't! Put your money aside and get Black Ops () or even get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Overall rating is a 6.5/10.

Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions (360) - Where to begin with this game, well it's the first Spidey game in ages to not feature free roam, but is this a good thing? Well it depends how you look at it, no free roaming means not much replay value especially as there's no online, however the story is decent and the gameplay is great. Such a different take on Spiderman yet it works pretty well, everything is really great! If you're a Spidey fan and haven't picked tried this (yet) I would recommend you do, it's not exactly worth a buy but it's worth a rent. My rating 7.5/10.

NBA 2K11 (PS3) - I'll start off by saying it's the best sports game I've ever played, the game is just incredible in every way! As soon as you load the game up for the first time it just wows you by putting you automatically in a Michael Jordan famous game from around 25 years back, from here onwards there's only more to love, the NBA Blacktop is a neat addition and the game modes and challenges are stunning! The game is simply so great that I have to perhaps nitpick of some negatives, and well that would be the player animations, but I mean that's something that should never be mentioned really. Stunning game and finally a sports game that has improved massively over it's previous versions. I give it 9.5/10.

Going to return Spiderman and Medal of Honor tomorrow and will pick up Enslaved, The Force Unleased 2 and perhaps The Sims 3 or Fable III to try out, so will give a verdict on them soon. Also got Vanquish and have yet to start it.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #341
country flag Certinfy

Red Bull X1 (and Sebastian Vettel) in GT5

Old 11-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #342
country flag Seingeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Some more games I've recently finished and some short reviews.

[i]Medal of Honor (360) - To sum it up it's practically Battlefield and Call of Duty put in one, just it fails. Everything is average or simply outdated, gameplay feels the same as other First Person Shooters, the graphics are poor and well if you were to play through the campaign you can pretty much tell it's a blatant copy of Call of Duty. That aside the online is decent, but I found it nowhere near fun or addicting as other First Person Shooters. Also with all the shit EA are bringing up with codes to play online and stuff if you're considering getting this, don't! Put your money aside and get Black Ops () or even get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Overall rating is a 6.5/10.
Spot on with the Medal of Honor review. I played the beta and I was so disappointed. It's garbage. Bad Company 2 is WORLDS better.

Recently, however, I've given online shooters a small break and finally got around to playing Mass Effect (the first one) and Alpha Protocol. I actually had a lot of fun with both of them. If you like 3rd-person shooter/RPG hybrids, I would wholeheartedly recommend them (get them cheap though! I always do!). Interface on Mass Effect is 100% garbage, though.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #343
country flag kooties

kooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond reputekooties has a reputation beyond repute

My gaming brethren, I've just come to remind you that the fight is on.

California vs Video Game Industry, on the selling of "violent" video games to children.

I was about to write a long essay about this, but this guy explains it much better.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...61-Free-Speech
Old 11-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #344
country flag Seingeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooties View Post
My gaming brethren, I've just come to remind you that the fight is on.

California vs Video Game Industry, on the selling of "violent" video games to children.

I was about to write a long essay about this, but this guy explains it much better.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...61-Free-Speech
To be honest, the video seems a bit alarmist to me. I don't understand why it establishes an apparent dichotomy between "not selling violent games to minors" and "1st Amendment free speech protections." Minors are not allowed to see R-rated films in theaters, nor are they usually allowed to purchase R-rated DVDs from retailers. This doesn't mean that the "free speech" of R-rated films is somehow diminished, and I see no reason why it would be any different with video games. Of course, I don't know the ins and outs of the case, so there may be something that I'm missing here, but as it stands, I'm not shaking in my boots.

Don't get me wrong, I think that most of the frenzy surrounding video game violence is quite overblown, but I do not think that minors should be sold all manner of games indiscriminately. Parents, of course, could still make the decision to buy their children these games if they saw fit.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #345
country flag Seingeist

Here's a shitty issue - I just bought a new Square Enix game called Just Cause 2 and discover after installing it that it's apparently the only major game yet released that is completely incompatible with Windows XP

Do the PC gamers in this thread have XP or Windows 7? I have heard a few disconcerting things about Windows 7 and gaming and wanted to hear if people had good experiences.