The Gaming Thread (Next Xbox Announcement 21th May) - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #241
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gaming Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
but is the game any good? i really doubt it can be better than the original.

warcraft2bne was so much better than warcraft3 strategy wise.. they just over complicated things. Ugly polygons/3d computer resource sucking slow new games

Diablo2 was better than diablo1 though...
I would say each sequel was better so far. Like you said Diablo 2 was better than Diablo 1 but imo Warcraft 3 was also better than Warcraft 2. About Starcraft 2 I can't tell you because I've not played Starcraft 1. I was a hater of that game in the past. But from reviews and what I hear from others Starcraft 2 seems to be better than Starcraft 1 or at least has the potential to become better.

So far Starcraft 2 is leading the PC all-time list after 22 reviews. Let's see if it can hold on.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/pc/scores/
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #242
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslam77 View Post
but is the game any good? i really doubt it can be better than the original.

warcraft2bne was so much better than warcraft3 strategy wise.. they just over complicated things. Ugly polygons/3d computer resource sucking slow new games

Diablo2 was better than diablo1 though...

Agreed Warcraft 2 was better then Warcraft 3 in the sense they changed the structure of the game away from resource building and made it more about leveling up Hero's in a more rpg like fashion which i did enjoy but wasn't exactly what i was looking for but was a lot better then that WOW crap.

Starcraft 2 though i feel will be superior to the original. About halfway through the single player campaign now and i can safely say the single player is much better. The story is told in a much grander way now and the missions have alot more variety and aren't just about destroying the enemy base. The core mechanics of the game haven't really changed much so if you liked the first game you would be right at home. Although the game runs at a much faster pace. Units are more effcient now for resource gathering and even in combat you don't need to do quite as much micro manangement before as the AI is alot better.

As to whether it will stand the test of time multiplayer. I think only time will tell on that one.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #243
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
I would say each sequel was better so far. Like you said Diablo 2 was better than Diablo 1 but imo Warcraft 3 was also better than Warcraft 2. About Starcraft 2 I can't tell you because I've not played Starcraft 1. I was a hater of that game in the past. But from reviews and what I hear from others Starcraft 2 seems to be better than Starcraft 1 or at least has the potential to become better.

So far Starcraft 2 is leading the PC all-time list after 22 reviews. Let's see if it can hold on.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/pc/scores/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bilbo_snes.jpg (190.9 KB, 7 views)

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #244
country flag superslam77

superslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond reputesuperslam77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeth84 View Post
Agreed Warcraft 2 was better then Warcraft 3 in the sense they changed the structure of the game away from resource building and made it more about leveling up Hero's in a more rpg like fashion which i did enjoy but wasn't exactly what i was looking for but was a lot better then that WOW crap.

Starcraft 2 though i feel will be superior to the original. About halfway through the single player campaign now and i can safely say the single player is much better. The story is told in a much grander way now and the missions have alot more variety and aren't just about destroying the enemy base. The core mechanics of the game haven't really changed much so if you liked the first game you would be right at home. Although the game runs at a much faster pace. Units are more effcient now for resource gathering and even in combat you don't need to do quite as much micro manangement before as the AI is alot better.

As to whether it will stand the test of time multiplayer. I think only time will tell on that one.
Affirmative

numbers are not everything.
superslam77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #245
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Gaming is a little boring as of late, got so many games to play but just can't be assed to play any atm.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #246
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

SC2 hasn't gotten the best of reviews everywhere, averaging at about 93%. Sorry but even games like Red Dead Redemption have scored better.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #247
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
SC2 hasn't gotten the best of reviews everywhere, averaging at about 93%. Sorry but even games like Red Dead Redemption have scored better.
It is not a big difference if it got 90 or 96%. Anything above 90% is a clear purchasing advice and if you checked the scores correctly console games usually have a higher average score than PC games even those you can play on all platforms. That's because games magazines for consoles usually rate in 5% steps. Apart from this SC2 has a clear disadvantage in graphics and many gave it a 9/10 or 8/10 only which results in a lower end score. Blizzard wants their games to be played on even older PCs. Their games are based on gameplay and story.

I'm not saying SC2 is the best game of all-time (which many probably think of me), because that's World Of Warcraft imo, but to think Red Dead Redemption is a better game is just laughable.

Also I've told you before that SC2 isn't for you. It is obviously the game already is boring for you and now you try to make it look like a bad game. Maybe you should stick with your brainless shooters and enjoy the super graphics.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #248
country flag Certinfy

To think RDR is better is laughable? I doubt you've even played the game.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #249
country flag Bilbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
To think RDR is better is laughable? I doubt you've even played the game.
I doubt you have even a clue about games to be honest. You have not enough experience with your age.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #250
country flag Certinfy

Bilbo ur defo one of those PC gamers like that fat man in the video Lopez and Habib posted.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #251
country flag opeth84

opeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond reputeopeth84 has a reputation beyond repute

Completed the SC2 campaign yesterday Was quite the ending and has me hanging for "Heart of the Swarm" the first of 2 expansions that will follow soon i hope. Still i have to play through on the Brutal difficulty mode and unlock a few more achievements and maybe i will give Battle net a go. But i got an xbox 360 that really gets no love from me . So many good games ive missed, like GTA 4 which ive only played a bit of. Red Dead Redemption is on my list to get. Half way through the first Mass effect game also but seem to struggle to find the time to play much as when im home and do have some time im usually on the pc.

Anyone looking forward to Deus Ex 3 ? I loved the original. And wished more fps type games were more open ended like Deus Ex instead of the likes of C.O.D and Gears of War were you are forced down a path with very little freedom to explore.
opeth84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #252
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

New Football Manager announced today, all I need to know when it comes to gaming.
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #253
country flag Certinfy

Mafia II PS3 version compared to the 360 one.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #254
country flag Bilbo

PC > consoles
Old 08-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #255
country flag Certinfy

Of course Just people don't want to spend unreal amounts on a PC that can run these games.