Wimbledon QR2: Mahut def. Bogdanovic 3-6 6-3 24-22 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #46
country flag Caio_Brasil

Caio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond reputeCaio_Brasil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon QR2: Mahut def. Bogdanovic 3-6 6-3 24-22

What a scoreline, good that Mahut pulled it out and hopefully he will reach the main draw.
Caio_Brasil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #47
country flag Balaenopteramusculus

Balaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond reputeBalaenopteramusculus has a reputation beyond repute

nope admission is free
Balaenopteramusculus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #48
country flag Dimitra

Dimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond reputeDimitra has a reputation beyond repute

amazing score!Well done to both!

Miloska

Dimitra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #49
country flag ChinoRios4Ever

ChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond reputeChinoRios4Ever has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing.

TT Rankings: #62 (S) & #92 (D).
Results Singles: W Auckland 09, Washington 09, Acapulco 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 10 & Fürth CH 08, F Bucharest 10, 's-Hertogenbosch 11 & Bucaramanga CH 09.
Results Doubles: W Bogota CH 08 (w/ClaudiuS), F Acapulco 09 (w/lucho_coria), Bucaramanga CH 09 (w/Gallina), ROLAND GARROS 09, Los Angeles 09 (w/juakos17) & Sunrise CH 10 (w/hallso).
ChinoRios4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #50
country flag Frooty_Bazooty

Frooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond repute

I arrived there at around 5pm to the match and it was 3-3 in the second set. There was a fairly big crowd on the hill watching it, around 300 people, more than all the other courts combined. Mahut broke pretty quickly in the 8th game to go 5-3 up and then served it out pretty easily. I went off to watch Ratiwana vs Bloomfield/Willis (the brits werent half bad!) and when I came back it was 4-4 in the 3rd.

Boggo was serving first so he had a HUGE advantage, Mahut had to serve to stay in it 17 times (if I count correctly) and Boggo really didnt threaten him at all on his serve. Both of them were holding serve quite easily until 10-10 when Boggo hit 2 double faults, the second of which was on break point. Mahut came out to serve for the match at 11-10 and got broken to love! Now considering Boggo hadnt had a single break point chance from when I'd rejoined the match at 4-4, everyone in the crowd was pretty shocked. And it wasnt a total choke from Mahut, Boggo just suddenly started getting some returns in and played a perfect crosscourt lob at 0-15 and then 2 passing shots to get the break. At this point it had turned into a beautiful sunny evening and a lot of the ballboys and umpires were sitting down to watch some tennis after a day's work

From then on it went on serve for what seemed an eternity. I really wanted to go see some of the Berankis v Evans match which was on the next court but this match started at 5-5 and finished before the end of the Mahut Boggo epic! . Boggo really wasnt challenging that much on serve, the closest he ever got was 30-30. Mahut on the other hand had more chances. He had a break point at 16-16 which Boggo saved well and another at around 19-19 which I really thought Boggo was going to concede because he looked so tired, but he saved it nicely. Eventually Mahut got 15-40 on boggo's serve at 22-22 and took the second break point when Boggo hit the ball long. Despite going 0-15 down, Mahut won the next 4 points and the match, which he celebrated with a huuuuuuuuge scream. Id say it was around 8:15 when the match ended so the match was probably around 4:30 long in total, im guessing.

All in all I was pretty impressed with both guys, its a shame that they met each other in qualifying cos I really think both deserve to get through to the main draw. Mahut was a lot more fiery, Boggo seemed to be a lot more introverted and Im surprised he didnt feed off the crowd at all, who were mostly subdued and quiet throughout the entire match. Mahut had his usual diva moments: staring at people who were whispering, pretending to hit balls at girls who were walking by the court and always taking an eternity to get up after any slip. However, I think the right man won in the end, as it was he who put much more pressure on the other's serve and he also managed to serve to stay in the match so many times, something I dont think Boggo wouldnt have been able to do.
Year end no. 1 in 2012

PAW Titles : 9 (WIMBLEDON '12, Washington '11, Acapulco '08, Stockholm '07, Houston '05, Monte Carlo TMS '04, Newport '04, Beijing '04, Moscow '04)
Finalist: 15 (Buenos Aires '12, Stockholm '11, Barcelona '11, Queen's 09, Nottingham '08, Las Vegas '08, Adelaide '08, Tokyo '06, St Poelten '06, Australian Open '05, St Poelten '05, Newport '05, Wimbledon '04, Houston '04, Basel '04)
Frooty_Bazooty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #51
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report FB
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #52
country flag Frooty_Bazooty

Frooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond reputeFrooty_Bazooty has a reputation beyond repute

oh one other thing I forgot to mention about Boggo. He went down 0-40 at 10-10 and we all thought it was over but he won 5 extremely close and tense points in a row to win the game. It was very impressive as most of the points were long rallies but and he had to pass Mahut at the net from deep approached on two of them.
Year end no. 1 in 2012

PAW Titles : 9 (WIMBLEDON '12, Washington '11, Acapulco '08, Stockholm '07, Houston '05, Monte Carlo TMS '04, Newport '04, Beijing '04, Moscow '04)
Finalist: 15 (Buenos Aires '12, Stockholm '11, Barcelona '11, Queen's 09, Nottingham '08, Las Vegas '08, Adelaide '08, Tokyo '06, St Poelten '06, Australian Open '05, St Poelten '05, Newport '05, Wimbledon '04, Houston '04, Basel '04)
Frooty_Bazooty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #53
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

No fucking way.

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:18 AM   #54
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

andy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
Has Boggo ever won a close match in his life?

even Fed laughs at his record in 3rd sets
No need to go that far.
andy neyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:36 AM   #55
country flag Guy Haines

Guy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond reputeGuy Haines has a reputation beyond repute

Good lord.

Well done to Mahut, who deserves a bye to the 2nd or 3rd round.
Guy Haines is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #56
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Mahut
Take out Rafa for me. And then Fed. But they're in the same half. How? You know how. Yeah.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:00 AM   #57
country flag Clydey
Cutedey

Clydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond reputeClydey has a reputation beyond repute

What a fighter this Bogdanovic.
Clydey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #58
country flag maxxo

maxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond reputemaxxo has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the report frooty. mahut was up *1-0 and *11-10 in the third, just to be rebroken immediately.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #59
country flag EnigmaticMaestro

EnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond reputeEnigmaticMaestro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voo de Mar View Post
It was 5th match in Wimbledon's qualifying history (the Open Era) with at least 20 games won in the final set by one player:

2010: N.Mahut def. A.Bogdanovic 3-6 6-3 24-22
2005: C.Guccione def. O.Patience 4-6 7-6 23-21
1999: J.Thomas def. S.Prieto 6-4 4-6 23-21
1993: G.Muller def. P.Lundgren 4-6 7-6 20-18
1989: S.Warner def. M.Anger 7-5 1-6 7-6 3-6 28-26

So, today has been established a new record given the amount of games in the third set.

I was at the match yesterday. I saw the match from 3-3 in the 3rd. It was a high quality match with lots of variety. I also saw the entire 5th set of the Warner vs Anger match which was completed in one day. The Thomas vs Prieto match was held overnight and completed on a second day(I saw the second part of that although I cannot remember what the score was overnight). I was there on the day of the Guccione vs Patience match but never saw the match. I never saw the Muller vs Lundgren match but I know that Muller hit 54 aces in that match(which is a record for a 3 set match). There was a doubles at Wimbledon in '07(as someone mentioned earlier)that went to a 28-26 5th set but that was played over 2 days. It is nice to have witnessed some of these classics.
EnigmaticMaestro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #60
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

I was there too. We need badges!

To start with, I was appreciating a close match, but in truth, by the end, I was just willing either one of them to get it over with. Boggo seems to be unable to form any relationship with the crowd, even though the majority were obviously rooting for him.

Hope Mahut beats the Klagenfurt Strangler. Glad he has a day off today.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote