Mens Tennis Forums banner

Radio Wimbledon qualifying podcast - your questions please!

2K views 24 replies 6 participants last post by  southboy 
#1 ·
Hello all

Like the last four years, I will be covering the Wimbledon qualifying tournament this week at Roehampton, interviewing players for the Radio Wimbledon daily podcast that is available for free download from the official Wimbledon website.

I would like to make the podcast more interactive this time around ... with questions from fans! :)

Obviously, I won't be able to interview every match winner at qualifying - just a few of them each day ... but if there is a player you see on the qualifying order of play who you would like to ask a question (it can be on any topic) I will try to ask it for you and include it in the official Radio Wimbledon podcast!

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

Qualifying starts this Monday 14 June. Day 1 looks a cracking line-up ... e.g. Dancevic v Mahut, Harrison v Berankis, plus plenty of Brits in action too! So for anyone you see listed, ask away! Please submit your player questions either via this forum thread or if you are on twitter, to my address there: @guy_mccrea

Cheers
G

See less See more
#2 ·
Interviews with Ricardas Berankis, Josh Goodall, Nicolas Mahut and others from day one of Wimbledon qualifying at Roehampton will be in Monday's Radio Wimbledon podcast - available later for free download from wimbledon.org

Need more questions though - slightly surprised we aren't getting more of them from you guys here on the mens tennis forum - please have a look at the order of play
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html
and ask away! Post them on this thread or on twitter: guy_mccrea

Ladies qualies start tomorrow, lots of men's quali matches already completed today.

Thanks
G

#6 ·
I have some questions!

1) What's up with Kuznetsov getting a main draw wildcard?
2) Does Alex Bogdanovic have a lot of fans cheering for him in qualies and do you think he can make the MD? If he does, how dangerous can he be?

#10 ·
@156mph serve: Sorry didn't get chance to talk to Polansky after his loss so couldn't ask your question - thanks for offering it though and if you have any others let me know and I will try and make amends!

Also, to all: Radio Wimbledon Day 2 podcast is now available to download from wimbledon.org :

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/blogs/2010-06-15/201006151276637940126.html

Keep firing those questions in everyone - here or more directly on twitter: @guy_mccrea

On Wednesday, I am intending to follow Tomic v ERV, Kendrick v Ouanna, also Dent, Mannarino, and Levine matches for the Wed podcast. So forum readers if you have questions for those guys, please ask away ASAP!

Thanks
G

#12 ·
Can you please ask Ilija Bozoljac why is he always avoiding to play Qualifications of Serbia Open and is playing Qualies for every other tournament?

Thanks.

#15 ·
Can you ask Gilles Muller what he thinks now of his state after beating Nadal at Wimbledon: "Nadal will probably never win Wimbledon"....lol
and can you ask him why he doesnt play Newport as his PR would allow him to play in the MD directly
thanks

#16 ·
FYI: Radio Wimbledon Day 3 podcast is now available to download from wimbledon.org :

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/blogs/2010-06-16/201006161276723331188.html

Interviews with Dent, Tomic, Niculescu and Whybourn.

Thursday is the all-important final day of qualifying! So everyone please let me know your questions - here or more directly to my twitter: @guy_mccrea

Obviously all matches are important and so podcast plans can change - but on the men's side provisionally these are ones I will look to speak to the winners from:

Sweeting v Kendrick, Tomic v Armitraj, DeHeart v Bozoljac, Muller v Ball

But I say again, if you have other players on the schedule you have questions for please still send them, as they may still get in!

Thanks
G

#17 ·
Can you please ask Bozoljac that question(on previous page)?

And also one more question: Does he care more about his outfit and how he looks on court or about his tennis?

#20 ·
Ilija won!

Waiting for my question(s) :D :D :D

#21 ·
Hey - so sorry I couldn't speak to Ilija for today's podcast :( His win over DeHeart finished at the same time as I was already interviewing Kendrick ... by the time that had finished - Ilija had gone :mad:

I tried looking for him around the grounds at Roehampton to ask your questions, but he had already left :mad:

However, you may be interested to know that when I spoke to the Roehampton staff (e.g. player liaison office, players lounge staff, transport office) to ask if they'd seen him ... the replies I got included:

'yes he should be around - you'll notice him, he's always wearing his hat and shades!'
'you can't miss him - he's with his girlfriend ... who's three times even more flash than him!'

Maybe that last comment indirectly answers your question about fashion and tennis :haha: ;)

Again, so sorry I couldn't speak to him for you ... but hey, he's in the main draw now and so maybe I will bump into him next week for you!

G

#24 ·
You're so lucky to have that job :)

#25 ·
Dear men's forum users

Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who suggested player questions for this week's Radio Wimbledon podcasts that I produced at Roehampton. Sorry I wasn't able to ask/use them all, and hope you all enjoyed listening to the podcasts!

Friday's final podcast of the week was focussed on the main Wimbledon draws. Interviews in there with Caroline Wozniacki, Sam Querrey, plus draw analysis from Mark Philippoussis, Pat Cash and Jeremy Bates - do have a listen:

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news/blogs/2010-06-18/201006181276902294483.html

Thanks again for all your help guys! I will continue to be on twitter - @guy_mccrea - during Wimbledon so would be great to be in touch with you all/follow there!

Now let this year's Championships begin :)

Cheers
G

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.