The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #1
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Talking The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

I'd like to open a sports chat-thread here

First of all I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the non-football lovers for putting up with the interruptions in the normal chat-thread I just didn't want you guys to get bored with the football talk especially

But now I think its time to open a dedicated sports chat-thread for lovers of other sports,whatever other sport gets your pulse racing, come and talk about it here

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The chat-thread for lovers of other sports - Everyone welcome

Di You know I'm gonna be a very good customer of your new thread
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Ellen Welcome I knew you'd be here soon

I'm veryfor the Spanish club I follow,Valencia CF. It looks like they're going to have to sell David Villa at last because they're in big financial trouble

Valencia have confirmed that they have had talks with Manchester City over the transfer of David Villa I cant bear this news

This is what Valencia have also said(Source BBC Sport website).

Vice-president Fernando Gomez told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser that City had not made an offer for a player who would cost a "significant amount".

When Gomez was asked if Valencia chiefs had met with two representatives from Manchester City regarding the sale of Villa, he added: "Yes, it's true but they didn't make us an any offer.

"The president Vicente Soriano asked for a significant amount and they didn't agree."

No price tag was revealed but Gomez did confirm that despite Valencia's precarious financial predicament, Villa and fellow Spain star David Silva would not be allowed to go for a reduced price.

"I think they are two very important players, with a lot of quality and if we sell them, we are not going to sell them on the cheap," stated Gomez.

"I would like them both to stay but we cannot discard anything and any of them [the players] could leave at the end of the season."

The skilful Villa has been a target for other Premier League clubs, with Liverpool and Chelsea both linked with bids in recent seasons.

My plea to Villa is this'For the good sense of football,don't go to this Club' Kaka didn't,please be sensible David. Stay in La Liga I know Valencia need the money,but not the £100m Man City seem to want to offer every player they want from La Liga or Serie A

With every multi-million pound transfer that goes through(in excess of £30m) I dread the future for the rest of football below the Premier League, indeed other more minor leagues in European football. The money being exchanged between clubs is obscene and it upsets me greatly. In times of deep world recession,this must be stopped,and salaries,transfer fees capped

Old 03-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Whaaat? Oh gosh, David... don't go to the Premier League

Di!!!! Maazou left! I just read the news while I was looking for some cycling news .
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 03-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #5
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellen_ View Post
Whaaat? Oh gosh, David... don't go to the Premier League

Di!!!! Maazou left! I just read the news while I was looking for some cycling news .
Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss

I'd love to hear any cycling news you have Ellen

Old 03-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Villa is fantastic! But no one is worth that much money, and what's going to happen to Man City when the sheiks disappear and they have to rely on just their TV money and the punters ticket money? It's a dangerous game they're playing....

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
country flag ellen_

I wish I had more cycling news to offer, Di. But I miss my cyclocrossers

The highlight of today's cycling news for me is that Fabian Cancellara () will race in Milan-Sanremo and the Tour de Flandres! He was doubting first because he has been sick and injured his shoulder due to a fall at training.

Other cycling news: Tom Boonen fell twice in today's race and Philippe Gilbert gave up

Old 03-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #8
country flag but-it's-ok

I'm missing cyclocross now,I was just getting into it and now its finished

Good news for Cancellara then

Poor Boonen and Gilbert. Its the Paris-Nice race at the moment right?

Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
country flag ellen_

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchett View Post
I'm missing cyclocross now,I was just getting into it and now its finished

Good news for Cancellara then

Poor Boonen and Gilbert. Its the Paris-Nice race at the moment right?
It's Paris-Nice and Tirreno-Adriatico right now. Both Cancellara and Boonen are in sunny Italy in stead of rainy France

Old 03-12-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
country flag but-it's-ok

Two races,gosh. I haven't seen any of the Paris-Nice but I noticed it was being shown on Eurosport. Good for your guys that they are in the sun in Italy then

Indeed Les,I just despair the direction football is taking financially,the gap between rich and poor clubs will get ever wider. As much as I love football no-one should have ridiculous price tags on them. I think the structure of contracts and the way footballers work(if I can put it that way) needs bringing closer to the way almost other businesses operate). I'm a believer in a pay as you play system And GET RID OF THE AGENTS

Otherwise, I can see a day in the not too distant future the rate we're going when more of the lower league clubs have to end up going semi-professional.

Just a few ideas that myself and Eimear have to encourage a few more people in here We want as big a sporting chat thread as possible

What are your favourite sports besides tennis? Whats been your funniest experience watching your chosen sport or sports? What has been the greatest moment you have seen your team/sporting hero achieve? Do you have any pictures or videos to share either ones you've done yourselves,or a You Tube moment that describes the fun,the agony,ecstasy?

Anything like this would be really appreciated here The more people we have here,the more experiences we can share,the more fun we'll have

Last edited by patchett : 03-12-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
country flag ellen_

Di, you already know but let's sum up my favourite sports again: tennis, football, cycling, cyclocross, F1, snooker, swimming, athletics.

Funniest experience: seeing a football player of the opponent showing 'his goodies' to us after the match and see him being arrested for that because we weren't 16 yet.

Greatest moment: the match we qualified ourselves for UefaCup in 2003 + party afterwards + playing at ManCity + having ManCity in our city and stadium. (and also the match my favourite player scored and saved us from relegation )

Pictures/videos: http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88

More cycling news A pro cyclist has been racing at 100km/h at a Belgian highway in the slipstream of a truck I hope it wasn't someone I know because I would kick his butt for acting so irresponsible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2mr...layer_embedded

Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #12
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys This is SO my kind of thread ... I'm just going to get my thoughts together and make a long post

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #13

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Right so I'm going to start with football ... first of all about David Villa. I really hope he doesn't go to City. It wouldn't be beneficial for his career to go from La Liga to a struggling club in the Premiership. Unfortunately, though, he may not have a choice if Valencia decide to sell him for money reasons. It's a sad way the sport is going where we've got all these sheiks and Americans and Russians coming in offering crazy money. It's very dangerous for football and I wish Sepp Blatter would step in and do something about it before the game is totally ruined

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 07:32 PM   #14

Now onto my own personal football story. I am a HUGE Man U fan and have been ever since I was old enough to talk really. I've been fortunate enough to go to Old Trafford on a few occassions to matches and do the tour etc. My favourite memory of Old Trafford is when I was 16 and we went to a reserve game with a group from school. This was back in the day when it was common to see first teamers in the reserves coming back from injury and my idol at the time was David May and he was the captain of the reserves that afternoon! There were 50 of us from school and because we're from Waterford, the same city as John O'Shea (who was making his first reserve team appearance for United), he arranged a little surprise for us. Before the game, just as the players were warming up, the whole group from my school were called up onto the pitch and introduced to the crowd and asked to dance to 5,6,7,8 by Steps. It was a little embarrassing but fuck it I didn't care because I was on the pitch at Old Trafford where all the players were warming up! It was a fantastic experience and John came out to meet us all after the game and thanked us for our support. Definitely my best experience of following United from a personal point of view

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #15

I don't really have any favourite sports to watch besides football and tennis and the occassional swim meet (the Euros and stuff) and I catch the Olympics and Commonwealth games when they were on. I used to be OBSSESSED with athletics but all the drugs and everything ruined it for me and it turned me off BIG time and now I don't watch it so much. With regards to sports I play, I like swimming and used to play badminton and a little tennis. I'm going to go and see if I can find some videos now. I'll give you two guesses what most of them will contain!!!

Simon Monfils Gasquet