Chat thread for Rafa fangirls and their Fedtard pals. Vol 60 - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:49 PM   #211
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chat thread for Rafa fangirls and their Fedtard pals. Vol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
if my post gets deleted I'll stop talking to everyone
Let's all stop talking to each other.Best way this chat thread will survive. And it will make sokk happy too.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #212
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Let's all stop talking to each other.Best way this chat thread will survive. And it will make sokk happy too.
Yes, let's, that would be the ultimate mass-destruction weapon after reporting and attempting to kick people out
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #213
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
The entire European section of Brussels is closed off with an impressive presence of the police force at the ready, incl. a great number of water canons and such.

That can mean only one thing: I bet that the farmers are going to stage a protest.
My sympathies, Hilde. What were they protesting this time?

Quote:
My niece, 14 years old since February, was talking non-stop about this boy she's seeing. Wondering what happened to her former boyfriend, she said that he's history. She said something about him threatening other boys with a knife.
Apparently - so her mother told me later - the former boyfriend got really jealous over another boy who was trying to get her attention. She told boy n°2 that she likes him but she already has a boyfriend so they can only be friends.
Boy n°1 got insecure and threatened the other boy up to the point of taking a knife to school to emphasize his threat.

Her mother told me that she's not yet exactly aware of how dangerous it can be to send mixed reactions (she's aware that she's a good looking girl who has men fighting over her...but now, she needs to learn how to not get into dangerous situations without realising it).

I think she's in luck that she has a 15-year old cousin who is somewhat acting as her big brother at times.
I see something similar in my 14-year-old niece as well but not to this extreme. She wants to be grown up but she's still a little girl in some ways.

As for the kid with the knife, here that's grounds for expulsion from school.
Minn is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 03:42 PM   #214
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The entire European section of Brussels is closed off with an impressive presence of the police force at the ready, incl. a great number of water canons and such.

That can mean only one thing: I bet that the farmers are going to stage a protest.
I wonder why they stage a protest in the middle of the summer. We had a general strike in Greece last Thursday. If I were, say, minister of the interior, I would wish such well timed strikes as instruments to vent popular frustration. Just saying.

Quote:
My niece, 14 years old since February, was talking non-stop about this boy she's seeing. Wondering what happened to her former boyfriend, she said that he's history. She said something about him threatening other boys with a knife.
Apparently - so her mother told me later - the former boyfriend got really jealous over another boy who was trying to get her attention. She told boy n°2 that she likes him but she already has a boyfriend so they can only be friends.
Boy n°1 got insecure and threatened the other boy up to the point of taking a knife to school to emphasize his threat.

Her mother told me that she's not yet exactly aware of how dangerous it can be to send mixed reactions (she's aware that she's a good looking girl who has men fighting over her...but now, she needs to learn how to not get into dangerous situations without realising it).

I think she's in luck that she has a 15-year old cousin who is somewhat acting as her big brother at times.
In all likelihood the knife was shown only to "make a point" but still it is scary. Kids hate losing face at this age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty View Post
will u teach her ?
Nah, self-learning usually works fine Besides it is unlikely she will pay attention to family anyway

From Isaac Asimov's "Foundation".
Merton is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #215
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
if my post gets deleted I'll stop talking to everyone
Don't tempt us
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #216
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merton View Post
I wonder why they stage a protest in the middle of the summer. We had a general strike in Greece last Thursday. If I were, say, minister of the interior, I would wish such well timed strikes as instruments to vent popular frustration. Just saying.
The humble strike.

Have to say the more of the Fog I see, the more I dislike.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 04:12 PM   #217
country flag Merton

Merton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond reputeMerton has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
The humble strike.

Have to say the more of the Fog I see, the more I dislike.
Haven't seen enough but he seems too artificial and labouring to overreact for my taste.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #218
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haven't seen enough but he seems too artificial and labouring to overreact for my taste.
Vinciguerra he is going to retire soon and disappointing how his career went. Though the Koellerer incident where he was so pissed off was funny, but the DC heartbreak he had as well.

Summer clay events, big parties, plenty of suspect matches to say the least. Umag have the right idea starting their matches at 5pm. Too hot during the day and they are all on the beach anyway.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 07-12-2010, 04:16 PM   #219
country flag Merton

At last, at last! A great economist puts his considerable talents at work to deal with the strategic use of contraceptives in limited supply.

The great Avinash Dixit, applies some cool tools to a Seinfeld episode:

http://www.princeton.edu/~dixitak/home/Elaine.pdf

Old 07-12-2010, 04:22 PM   #220
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

That was my favorite Seinfeld episode
acionescu is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #221
country flag Merton

I quote from the introduction:

"In an episode of the sitcom Seinfeld, Elaine Benes uses a contraceptive sponge that gets taken off the market. She scours pharmacies in the neighborhood to stock a large supply, but it is fi nite. So she must "re-evaluate her whole screening process." Every time she dates a new man, which happens very frequently, she has to consider a new issue: Is he "spongeworthy"? "

"When Elaine uses up a sponge, she is giving up the option to have it available when an even better man comes along. Therefore using the sponge amounts to exercising a real option to wait"

Finally, the Man gives a fair warning to the faint-hearted not to proceed reading beyond the introduction:

"Stochastic dynamic programming methods must be used."

Old 07-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #222
country flag Merton

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
That was my favorite Seinfeld episode
The take-away is that, depending on the amount of sponges available, there is a threshold value below which men are rejected.

I like the simplicity of the model but I am not sure about the implications: How to signal a high value?

Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 PM   #223
country flag Merton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Vinciguerra he is going to retire soon and disappointing how his career went. Though the Koellerer incident where he was so pissed off was funny, but the DC heartbreak he had as well.

Summer clay events, big parties, plenty of suspect matches to say the least. Umag have the right idea starting their matches at 5pm. Too hot during the day and they are all on the beach anyway.
Too bad Andreas didn't have a proper career due to injuries. Summer clay events are great, they are more relaxed and there are some excellent matches. There is something lost with the end of best-of-five finals.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #224
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
My sympathies, Hilde. What were they protesting this time?
Something to do with the EU wanting the dairy farmers to work with fixed contracts (to be able to regulate the milk prices and thus, better protect the farmers) and the farmers don't agree.

Quote:
As for the kid with the knife, here that's grounds for expulsion from school.
He's going to another school next year but apparently, her school works with a point system: 3 strikes and you're out.
Carying a knife = 2 points.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-12-2010, 04:43 PM   #225
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Too bad Andreas didn't have a proper career due to injuries. Summer clay events are great, they are more relaxed and there are some excellent matches. There is something lost with the end of best-of-five finals.
Agreed, Kitz 95 when Albert Costa beat Muster in 5. They have a challenger there this year and I told you the whole story with Tiriac and that event.

Is Kederis still alive or faking accidents again?

Andreea, did you see this and here are some anti-Rudisha commentators.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Closed Thread