The "Speechless, and not in a good way" grass thread - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #46
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "You'll be even more popular in England if you win Wimbledon" grass thread

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLD...ame=tennisNews

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2010, 07:16 PM   #47
country flag Selby

Selby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "You'll be even more popular in England if you win Wimbledon" grass thread

Now that's the worst possible reaction to this kind of loss, panicking would actually be better.
What happened to him in that long time off since Miami? I don't think he has practiced enough, he looks a bit heavier to me and like he got out of shape, maybe he got complacent and thought he can just get some rest...
Thanks for ruining my week Andy, I just can't get out of my head the thought that he might have ruined any theoretical chance he had to win Wimbledon this year and since this year was his last reasonable chance, well, this makes me
I know it's just tennis and I usually don't really care about tennis, it's just a cool hobby, it's nice to watch and play like 2-3 times a month but with Andy, I don't know, it's kinda you know, real emotions when he succeeds and especially when he doesn't, stuff I can't just get out of my head for a while. Last year after Wimbledon it was awful...
I don't know, maybe it's still theoretically possible, but he needs to visit a really good sports psychologist ASAP(but we all know he'll never do that) and to really really really try his best(he proved he can do that many many times, but today he didn't even try!).
I don't think I'll be watching Wimbledon this year, not unless(until) Andy gets to the semis, because I wouldn't be able to watch another early exit of Andy like two years ago.
Selby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:17 PM   #48
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see the match either but how disappointing! I really thought he would make the semis or even the final. He has the tendency of waiting for the other player's mistakes when against lesser players that annoys me. Damn Andy.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #49
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Andy has improved and grown a lot, but the one thing he has never grown out of is bitching and complaining about external factors like a slippery court and letting it get to him. He needs to be much more Zen about stuff like this or his career is going to end in the next two years.

I would prefer he not play Eastbourne, but it would be nice if he could pick up a few of the exo matches at Boodles or wherever next week.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #50
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Andy.

Still mad at you so I'm just gonna give you a bop on the head.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #51
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

Andy gets annoyed easily with little things.......should change that behavior. He should not take himself too seriously.It was slippery for the other guy too. And he is supposed to like grass.

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #52
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or things are starting to get out of control. He is acting overconfident and it is not typical for him and really unapropriate after that kind of loss. I pray I'm wrong, but the rest of the year can become a nightmare.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #53
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I've thought about it, I think he just had a bad day at work (happens to the best of us, I feel like I've had a bad week at work) and he'll get over it and be fine, the end! I hope.....
Heather1229 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #54
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I've had a bad year at work OK no, just six months

Yeah probably, I just can't remember the last time he had a bad day on grass, 2006 when he was at his very lowest point?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #55
country flag Heather1229

Heather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond reputeHeather1229 has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto the bad year at work, hahaha I was trying to be positive with the bad week! Maybe he just needed to get this out of his system so it won't happen at Wimbledon. Do you know that the final is on the 4th of July and it would be 10 years since Pete won his 7th....

Andy will be fine, Andy will be fine....altogether now!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:19 AM   #56
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

As usual MTF is overreacting. This is the first time in years Andy's had a bad show at Queens, from what little I saw he played terribly and seemed to be a tad grumpy. I'm going to blame all this on the weather, both Murray and Djokovic were complaining about the conditions, too. Even Nadal was slipping all over the place and now he's done gone hurt his faymoose ass again. Dudi Sela is in no danger of winning anything here, he'll probably lose in the next round.

I'm just worried Andy won't have enough match practice when he gets to Wimbledon.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #57
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I feel a bit better about Andy this morning. At least he has company in the "WTF are they doing?!" category with Nole and Murray...and Nadal is looking not fantastic as well.

He just...could have done really well here. Oh well.
OnyxRose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
country flag Heather1229

Totally agree, Onyx. Feeling way better about Andy's loss today since everyone else decided to crash out of the tournament too! Misery loves company!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:10 PM   #59
country flag OnyxRose

OnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond reputeOnyxRose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay...well Nadal was feeling left out so he decided to join the party. It's funny, lol.
OnyxRose is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #60
country flag andymo

Unbelievable....all the top seeds are gone. The highest is 22nd. What are they feeding the top players over there. Is there a curse ? At least, the focus is off of Andy. No #1 down.....wow

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY