The "Speechless, and not in a good way" grass thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #31
country flag Selby

Selby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "You'll be even more popular in England if you win Wimbledon" grass thread

The only bad thing today was probably the couple of worrying slips he had here and there, otherwise it was really a practice session.
He really looks so very comfortable and natural on grass(not necessarily in terms on movement though).
Come on Andy!
Selby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #32
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "You'll be even more popular in England if you win Wimbledon" grass thread

Yeah those slips are typical Andy on grass. Other than that great start.

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
country flag andymo

andymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond reputeandymo has a reputation beyond repute

A 50 min match with 12 aces......and a lot of breaks....goodddddddddddddd

ANDY IS THE REAL A-ROD
I AM A BIG FAN OF ANDY
I LOVE ANDY
andymo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #34
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute

Andy looked good. Green grass > red clay.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #35
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/2010060...ont-of-ea.html

Roddick sweats it out in front of eager audience

Wed, Jun 9, 2010

Andy Roddick got a taste of his increased popularity in Britain when hundreds of fans squeezed on to a narrow pathway just to watch him practise at Queen's Club on Tuesday.

The American, who was given a long standing ovation after losing an epic five-set final to Roger Federer at Wimbledon last July, arrived in London feeling jaded after yet another woeful performance in the French Open, where he went out in the third round.

However, as Roddick stepped on to the slick grass of Queen's by clambering over the side hoardings, he was greeted by a female cry of: "We love you Andy, this will be your year".

Roddick acknowledged the fan by comically raising one eyebrow before getting down to business with his hitting partner, as the throng of spectators jostled for space on the pathway beside the practice court.

Residents of the houses surrounding the leafy tennis club made the most of their vantage points by leaning out of their first- and second-floor windows to catch a glimpse of the Wimbledon runner-up.

"A lot maybe changed after Wimbledon last year. Why? I don't know," Roddick told reporters, referring to the final where he was finally subdued 16-14 in the fifth set by Federer.

"I feel like I've worked hard at what I do for a long time. For some reason it hit home during that tournament for a lot of people last year. I certainly think the sentiment is maybe a little bit different now."

Despite the blustery wind swirling around the court, Roddick's black T-shirt was soon drenched in sweat as he fired down his thunderbolt serves before giving his hitting partner the run-around with ferocious groundstrokes.

After 30 minutes, the four-times Queen's champion signalled to his team that he had had enough and packed away his rackets in preparation for his opening match against Russian Igor Kunitsyn later on Tuesday.

Five hours later, Roddick's work on Centre Court lasted little longer as he blew away Kunitsyn 6-2 6-1 and earned a standing ovation from the near 7,000-strong crowd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e729b45c97ebbaa97f1ad3f53756d91a-getty-98619329jm011_aegon_champio.jpg (98.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 034fa3b1b5291d81206328bdbe7aebe2-getty-98619329jm012_aegon_champio.jpg (91.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 28366e0e2753806939573ee320fa0b25-getty-98578546jm025_aegon_champio.jpg (70.2 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 1637aa576ead14ef62ed473ed799c669-getty-98578546jm024_aegon_champio.jpg (70.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg f942f8c4f1500333584bb2b014810a23-getty-tennis-atp-eng-aegon.jpg (121.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg c9ad7ec28ad899f01c2a3eb6029a7ad7-getty-tennis-atp-gbr-aegon-championships.jpg (134.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 9f338c2224c098b2b36a84110d6ed3ad-getty-tennis-atp-eng-queens-aegon.jpg (97.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 3d67ba55dfa40065eefdf8f6d7a625d2-getty-98578546th082_aegon_champio.jpg (79.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg efc1b5e08fe09fd7e810f3576f9d615f-getty-98578546th089_aegon_champio.jpg (107.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 7486d4b1f5ad700384bdefd10f549584-getty-98578546th086_aegon_champio.jpg (85.2 KB, 7 views)
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:02 PM   #36
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Andy vs. Sela is the first match up tomorrow at 12:30pm local

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

I feel more than ashamed. I think wit this he actually ruined his chances at Wimbledon. He played bad, but should have found a way through. If he can't get through Sela, how he would expect to get through Roger or Rafa?! OK, maybe we should accept the fact that he will not win another Slam... It is so sad.
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #38
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Having not seen it, it sounds like this was a bad mental day for andy, something was bothering him and he couldn't get past it. It happens, just not usually to him on grass. I think the biggest problem for him at Wimbledon is that he has played so little since Miami that he doesn't have the match-tough instincts you need in an important match at the tight moments. So I agree, I don't see how he could possibly win any of those huge matches at Wimbledon. That said, and I don't even know why I bother anymore, I would be very surprised if he laid an egg there like he laid today. He is healthy (unlike 2008) and doesn't seem like he's actually having a mental crisis (like 2006). So, we will see. But frankly I think that at this point, any result at Wimbledon besides winning it has got to be a huge disappointment for him.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #39
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO he should request a WC into London for next week, he obviously needs more match practice.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #40
country flag Deboogle!.

You mean Eastbourne? I agree, but I doubt he'll do it.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:59 PM   #41

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

I was just going to ask you about that. I also think playing Eastbourne will not be bad idea...
Old 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #42
country flag Deboogle!.

It doesn't look like the WCs have been handed out yet so we will see. I would still be very surprised though, he always likes going to Aorangi (the practice courts) and getting into his London routine.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #43

"Credit to him. I think he had a very specific game plan, and I thought he executed it very well and never dug himself a hole on any service games, never had any sloppy errors.

"I think I could have done some things differently, but I thought he played a pretty perfect match. I've played worse at this tournament before and gotten through and won it before. I feel fine about the way I'm hitting the ball and constructing points.

And this is his comments...I'm speechless. So, he won't play Eastbourne, he "feels fine"... Watch out how is out before QF in Wimbledon.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #44
country flag Deboogle!.

:retard: Dunno what to say.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #45
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

what is this, i don't even...

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote