Grass Season 2010 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #31
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2010

I was there today and I arranged the day off to go tomorrow.
Arnaud was happy to be there it seemed. He trained with Troicki in the morning, then they had to give up their court to others and joined Chardy and de Bakker on theirs. Didn't really hit a lot after their regular practice, just a few balls. Didn't see the Stadler match, but it was three sets. I saw the last 3 points, he really had to make an effort against Kindlmann. I think he's tired.

Old 06-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #32
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Today it was an unhappy man on court I recorded what i missed and from what i watch he was really nervous as he said at the end in the post match interview. he wanted to win more than anything and it make him too nervous. He played an average first set against a poor Stadler then because of his poor level of play he began to be crazy and was angry about anything his shots the crowd and his behaviour was awful. I catch him saying j'en ai plein le cul de jouer comme ça Then don't know how he won this but Stadler is not a great player it was heplful. Next round he needs to keep his nerves it could help to play better
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #33
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

"....." la classe personnifiée ce arnaud, merci pour l'anecdote verbale.
Nous de même avec son jeu et son attitude...

If only he could read us: "stop 1 or 2 months, and comme back as an happy man"

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #34
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I was there and maybe it's just me, but I didn't think he was that unhappy on court. I guess I'm used to him behaving even worse at this tournament, so today looked pretty normal to me. Stadler got a little better in the 2nd set and Arnaud more annoyed by the crowd. But I can imagine, yesterday the people in the sky boxes didn't seem to care there was a match going on either. Today the umpire also warned them quite a few times.
He did talk a lot with his coach and Serra when he was on their side of the court, but for the rest I think he behaved pretty well. Few comments to the audience, few on the ballkids, but that was about it.
I was the most nervous in the first game of the third set, because I really expected him to lose the whole match if he lost that first game. Fortunately he didn't and he didn't give up when he lost the 2nd. Overall it was a regular match for me to watch with a few great shots, I don't really care, I'm just happy he won.

Oh, did they also show how he threw the balls in the crowd? He aimed one at me when he spotted me and I catched it. Just didn't win the trip to Wimbledon, cause I had to serve with that ball. I don't play tennis, so that was a problem. But the ones who do play, also didn't get it yet.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:58 PM   #35
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He was unhappy with his game most of the match and his body language during second set was awful really nervous today. Yes we saw him throw the balls without rackets and far away Pity you failed for the wimbledon trip. Tomorrow he plays doubles with Chuidinelli and the second round will be wednesday.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 PM   #36
country flag Kezzi

He was unhappy, but I meant to say I saw worse before, so to me it wasn't that bad. It would've been worse if he looked unhappy and already gave up, but he kept running. And with this crowd we have here at the center court, it surprised me how he behaved. I expected him to be at them, but instead he complained to the coach more than taking it out on the ballkids instead.

He really did throw them far away, other players all got their rackets out. The third one, that was me. He aimed it really well, just in between me and my sister, but I'm not that good at catching. Luckily the people around me noticed he aimed at us and didn't take it.

And I attached a picture of the match, rest will follow in the pics thread when I upload them on flickr.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rosmalen07.JPG (192.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Kezzi : 06-14-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:48 AM   #37
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

where is this again? sorry i'm so lost, every year the tournaments change. or i'm forgetful lol

kezzi you're so good at finding excuses for arno, no wonder he loves you so
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #38
country flag Kezzi

It's Rosmalen. They changed sponsors so now it's Unicef Open instead of Ordina Open.

Maybe it's not that I try to find excuses, but more that I already expected him to behave worse. If you expect the worst, it doesn't take a lot to say "that wasn't so bad" afterwards. I have to admit I was a very unfair supporter this time, cause I just wanted Arnaud to win. I didn't care how many faults there were, as long as the point ended up with arnaud. Of course a better match is more enjoyable to watch, but just a win was what Arnaud needed. I think the first game of the third set was one of the most nerve wracking I ever saw irl. I did have a different point of view this time, usually we sit on the side, but now I sat right on the opposite side of Arnaud directly in the middle like on tv.

Soulage, is it possible you could send me the video of where he throws the balls and the interview? My sister tried recording it with her camera, but it's really bad quality. Would be cool to have that.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #39
country flag soulage

Unfortunatly at the end of the match they come back to a fix videostreaming at the top of the stadium so we understand what's happened but we don't see people just forms and we barely heard the interview as it's not for the streaming but only for the stadium but if you level up the sound it can work. I didn't watch until when goes the match posted on Unicef tv but it's the same streaming in better quality. If you want i can upload the end if the one on Unicef tv doesn't help you.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
country flag Kezzi

Thanks! I was on my phone this afternoon, so I'll first watch the video on the website.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM   #41
country flag soulage

A match he could have win in two sets that he lost in three . Quite a strange match honestly I didn't see a lot of winners except the serves his serve was quite good but left him in the big moments. He looked like a out of confidence guy cos he was not so far away in the two first set but seems always near of falling. He needs wins that's evident to make him more quiet and feeling more safe . Pity because there was something in that tournament with all the best players out. For wimbledon it will be a tough task let's see who he will draw already
Old 06-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #42
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Weird match it seems.
Yes he needs some wins to find again confidence. If only Wimbledon ...
we never know, in 2008 he surprised everybody, himself at first ! lol
You see, I'm positive, it's not normal

Sinon, soulage, what's his programm after Wimbledon ?

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #43
country flag soulage

Yes weird you should know that Arno hits 4 aces in a row three to finish a game and one to start another Well, Tipsarevic was a bit lazy which helped Arno to hit this 10 aces. Arno is quite anxious on court for the moment he would need a winnable first round in Wimbledon and surely a little help from his opponent then maybe he could feel better.
After Wimbledon he supposed to play team matches for Halle but i don't which ties how many and where Then he's in none entry list maybe Los Angeles who is not out yet we have to wait to see what he will do this summer.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #44
country flag Kezzi

http://www.unicefopen.nl/images/stor...sdag16juni.pdf
Arnaud is featured in the daily journal of Wednesday. Last page on the right side always has little player profiles.
It's nothing new, just info translated from his atp profile.
The translator just made one HUGE (!!) mistake. The last line says that Seb is godfather to Arnaud's son Tom.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #45
country flag soulage

I'm listening Wimbledon radio and it looks like he draws Tipsarevic Wait the confirmation