Grass Season 2010 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #16
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grass Season 2010

He draws a seed and a french seed with Bennet in first round. He didn't take advantage of good draws lately so with the come back of more tough draws not sure he will be a gentleman in london and not sur he will stop his losing streak He also enter double draw with Nico and they play Feliciano Lopez/Granollers. He will be around #90 next week so not easy to enter directly ATP event now i'm wonderig if he will try the challenger this summer to change.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it will be a short thread

26/46 and 5 losses in a row Follow only the beggining of first set on scoreboard and less than one hour later it was dissapeared from the board that i have to check in the finished matches Bennet' has really great serves stats today if I remember well he started by winning his two first services games by love with 5 aces and 100% of first serve and on grass it's often the key. Arno on the opposite has no aces which is not great on grass . No streaming so no idea how he played in the game but i assume some UE and some bad mood

Well he was not seeds here and had a almost tough round for his out of confidence game. They play doubles later against a tough team. Playing the qualies of Eastbourn or Rosmalen could be usefull if there are wins there of course otherwise a little break to work and evacuate frustration Tough to imagine where there were will be a little bit of good news here. A miracle every year is not possible hope he will enjoy again on some matches soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg statsbennet.jpg (39.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 AM   #18
country flag Via

Via has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond reputeVia has a reputation beyond repute

thanks soulage!

so he plays doubles with bennet? well as partner maybe bennet had been charitable in singles, and not wiped him out entirely lol
Via is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 AM   #19
country flag soulage

No he plays doubles with nico mahut they have been stopped by rain yesterday and rain should also be the star today.
Bennet said that he made a correct match but adds that Arno was en dedans which means Arno was not in the match actually like last week in nottingham where people found him already passive. Maybe a little burn out for Arno. After Wimbledon he didn't enter Newport and even if he should play bundesliga with Halle some holidays could be a solution.

Last edited by soulage : 06-08-2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #20
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

No comment.
Nothing to add.

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #21
country flag soulage

Funny to read the report of that loss

J Benny is through 6-2, 6-4 against pocket rocket Clement, who will surely be hanging up his racket soon

or

Under overcast London skies, ninth seed Julien Benneteau beat old campaigner and compatriot Arnaud Clement 6-2 6-4

I'm wondering if that double match will be ended one day. Due to rain delay a long match of Granollers and a not great OOP. They haven't play their doubles today and tomorrow still waiting some rain and Nico plays his single match as n4 on center court. So again a long day to wait.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #22
country flag soulage

Today they managed to finish the match started monday and according the scorboard it was a long match with more than 71 hours Then they lost to the big Moodie/Norman. We can't say that they have great sucess together.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #23
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

They WON then they LOST. They won one match.

Guy Forget
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #24
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
They WON then they LOST. They won one match.
I agree, I didn't really expect them to win after finishing this first match and then play the 2nd round right after. The oop in London just sucks! In fact, I dare to say the whole organization isn't great at all.

But good thing is that Nico & Arnaud seem to have a lot of fun together on court and it was great to see them smiling a lot together. The coach was also very supportive during the few games we saw on Monday. He was standing right behind us (court 10 doesn't have stands, just 1 meter where people can stand watching in between courts) and he was cheering them on. Also saying things like "great serve", "nice return", etc.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
country flag soulage

Welcome back Kezzi

We'll see their draw in Wimbledon but they won't be seeded and they can also have a tough draw. A good run would be nice because a win is not enough
Old 06-10-2010, 11:05 PM   #26
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Unseeded players can be dangerous too. I think they are quite a good team together from the few points I have seen in London. If the oop would've been normal, they would have had a shot to go further than second round imo.
I hope he'll play qualies in Rosmalen, but he didn't know what he would do the coming week. He said he would decide as soon as he was finished in doubles.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #27
country flag Marine

You talked to him ?

Guy Forget
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #28
country flag soulage

Arno won't play qualies as he has direct acceptance. He had direct entry in both tournaments but finally choose Rosmalen while the field is better there than in NL but he surely knows where are his supporters and his coach , flo is also in Rosmalen.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #29
country flag Kezzi

Did so many people withdraw? I didn't see him in qualies draw and didn't expect him to be there.
Woohoo!!

@Marine: Yes, I talked to him. We even had to ask him for info on Tuesday's oop as no one at the tourney had any info and we saw him at the cars. So he told us, he wasn't playing anymore that day.

Last edited by Kezzi : 06-11-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Kezzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #30
country flag soulage

He draws Stadler who won two qualifying matches to reach the MD. Stadler beats Ebden in Nottingham just after Arno lost to him Stadler is what we can call a good draw but he knows that picking Arno is also a good draw It will be on center court at 11 am tomorrow. Good luck to him and we hope he will improve his level