There is no finish line... - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #241
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apophis View Post
Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATP_World_Tour_records has such stats for the ATP Era.
Indeed, a useful wikipage to know. If fact, this is the one that used to have most weeks in top-2, top-3, top-5 and top-10, if I am not completely mistaken. These have since been removed. I have looked elsewhere for them but so far without luck, only finding a list from 1984 forwards.

By the way, this is one of the few record where we really do not have to specify "ATP era", as it is very obvious indeed no player before then accumulated a lot of slam HC wins...
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #242
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

I posted them in the other thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=208741
Perhaps someone should make a thread here with these stats and update them regularly in the first post.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #243
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I posted them in the other thread: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=208741
Perhaps someone should make a thread here with these stats and update them regularly in the first post.
Excellent suggestion. I took them into my own stat thread, so as not to have too many of these at the same time.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #244
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #245
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Federer is just 2 third-round performances away to complete a full decade of winning his first 2 matches.

Code:
Round / Fed's best / Best excluding Federer
R128    52*          56   Ferreira (Edberg 54)
R64     38*          29*  Ferrer
R32     38*          28   Lendl
R16     33*          28   Lendl
QF      33*          14   Lendl (Djokovic 13*)
SF      23           10   Lendl (Djokovic 9*)
F       10           7    Crawford
W       3            6    Budge

* = active streak
record in bold
On schedule to hold the record for each round except the most important, wins.
I consider that Connors has 27 straight slam quarterfinals between Wimbledon 1973 and Roland-Garros 1983 : of course he didn't take part in the Australian open and in Roland-Garros for some time, but if you exclude all those who didn't play the Australian open, you exclude many players, especially in the 70s.
Moreover, Connors was not a claymug at all, there's no reason to think it's an unfair advantage to him to discount his absences in Roland-Garros.

For the semifinals and for the same reason, Connors is also second in my eyes with 11 semifinals between the US Open 1976 and the US Open 1980.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #246
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For the semifinals and for the same reason, Connors is also second in my eyes with 11 semifinals between the US Open 1976 and the US Open 1980.
Like I said - 34/35 is pretty damn impressive. But it's gone now.

Well done Federer!

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #247
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Streak of hc slam semifinals stopped at 17, also streak of winning 20 or more matches at slams. Fed played a great year at slams, but those two walkovers (AO and USO) make him stop at 19 wins this year.

QF streak keeps going though.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #248
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Streak of hc slam semifinals stopped at 17, also streak of winning 20 or more matches at slams. Fed played a great year at slams, but those two walkovers (AO and USO) make him stop at 19 wins this year.

QF streak keeps going though.
His streak of 20+ advancements in slams continue, that's always something... For most other players these two are the same. Funny to think Roger has 4 WOs in his slam career while Connors, Agassi, Lendl, Sampras and Nadal has a combined total of 0.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #249
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Nice way of phrasing it Litotes Still weird that he won only 3 matches in a Slam, first time since Kuerten beat him in 2004 FO, over 8 years ago.
Hopefully he picks it up again and can still get that YE#1, but it'll be difficult if Djokovic wins the US Open.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #250
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Nice way of phrasing it Litotes Still weird that he won only 3 matches in a Slam, first time since Kuerten beat him in 2004 FO, over 8 years ago.
Hopefully he picks it up again and can still get that YE#1, but it'll be difficult if Djokovic wins the US Open.
Thanks I agree, to get YE#1 he'll most probably need help here. Ideally from Del Potro, as that would leave Djokovic very close in the race. But Djokovic is the favourite, so any help can not be counted on, we'll just take it as a bonus if it happens.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #251
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
also streak of winning 20 or more matches at slams
He already owned this record at 8. Now he owns two records one for slam wins and one for slam advancement.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #252
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

With todays DC win, Fed has 15 match wins on clay this season. He only need 15 indoor wins to have at least 15 on all surfaces - 15 on grass and 27 on outdoor HC. As he already has 4 indoor HC wins from Rotterdam it looks quite possible indeed. I do not think this has ever been done before.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:13 AM   #253
country flag JediFed

That would be a new record. The previous record was Jimmy Connors with 14 Grass wins and 17 Clay wins, in 1975.

But, he still has to get 11 more wins.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #254
country flag JediFed

his list tracks those players who remain active since Roger's slam participation streak began in AO 2000 - 12 years ago. With Juanqui's retirement, this brings the active total to just 5 players out of the original draw of 128 players who remain active with ranking points.

Tommy Haas is the highest ranked player! He will be the oldest player on this list as well.

Dupuis keeps his RP with R32 points at the Shanghai Challenger. Stays alive for another year.
Sirianni has another 3 months.

Tommy Haas - STILL ACTIVE - (21)
Lleyton Hewitt - STILL ACTIVE - (101)
Michael Llodra - STILL ACTIVE - (110)

Noam Okun - STILL ACTIVE - (1069) [May 28th, 2013] (6 RP)
Antony Dupuis - STILL ACTIVE - (1284) [September 9th, 2013] (3 RP)

Joseph Sirianni (NR) STILL ACTIVE [November 7th, 2012] 0 RP
George Bastl (NR) STILL ACTIVE [September 4th, 2013] 0 RP

Juan Carlos Ferrero - RETIRED - (45)

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #255
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote