There is no finish line... - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-14-2012, 05:52 AM   #181
country flag Bhara99
Banned!

Bhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond reputeBhara99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is no finish line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
This list tracks those players who remain active since Roger's slam participation streak began in AO 2000 - 12 years ago. The list is down from 14 to 13, with Gambill's retirement and his zeroed points.

Some significant changes: Ivan Ljubicic has retired, and with his clay points coming off. JCF is now Roger's closest competition at 47. Haas has now recovered his slam eligibility, and Clement should get a WC for RG.

Juan Carlos Ferrero - STILL ACTIVE - (47)
Ivan Ljubicic - RETIRED (53)
Michael Llodra - STILL ACTIVE - (58)
Tommy Haas - STILL ACTIVE - (113)
Arnaud Clement - STILL ACTIVE - (142)
Rainer Schuttler - STILL ACTIVE - (170)
Lleyton Hewitt - STILL ACTIVE - (178)

Christophe Rochus - STILL ACTIVE - (942) [March 3rd 2013] (9 RP)
Noam Okun - STILL ACTIVE - (1049) [June 4th, 2012] (6 RP)
Antony Dupuis - STILL ACTIVE - (1426) [September 10th, 2012] (2 RP)
Jiri Vanek - STILL ACTIVE - (1533) [June 4th 2012] (1 RP)

Rochus with his SF at France F4, resets the count. The other three are rapidly running out of time.

Joseph Sirianni has his last win in November 7th at Ortisei, and so is still active.
George Bastl had his last win in November 14th at Bratislava.

Gambill has retired.
What record is this for?
Bhara99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #182
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What record is this for?
Nothing, it's just a curiousity. Roger, like Jimmy Connors is the last of his generation in the top 5 (with Ferrer at 6).

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF
Sweet, Sassy, Sophisticated

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
JediFed is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:51 AM   #183
country flag Hazem

Hazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond reputeHazem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Connors: (Grass) - 9

Queens (1972), Australian Open (1974), Manchester (1974), Wimbledon (1974)
US Open (1974), Birmingham (1978), Wimbledon (1982), Queens (1982), Queens (1983)
Grass - 10 :
You've forgotten Nottingham (1976) .
F : Toronto 10
SF : Memphis 10 - Indian Wells10 - Halle 10 - Cincinnati 10
QF : Hamburg 10 - Shanghai 10 - WTF 10 (7th)
Pick-A-Winner (PAW) : (As of 23 May 11)
W: Moscow 10 - Dubai 11
F: Casablanca 10
QF : Rotterdam 10 - Marsellie 10 - Miami 10
Hazem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:34 AM   #184
country flag JediFed

JediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond reputeJediFed has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look that tournament up?

1976 - Nottingham.

R64 Frew McMillan (RSA) 73 W 6-4, 6-0
R32 Colin Dibley (AUS) 97 W 6-4, 6-4
R16 Dick Stockton (USA) 26 W 6-4, 6-2
Q Tom Okker (NED) 11 W 6-2, 6-4
S Raul Ramirez (MEX) 10 W 6-3, 6-4
W Ilie Nastase (ROU) 7 W ABN

Here's an account of the Match.

Nastase Leaves NOTTINGHAM England AP

Jimmy Connors and Ilie Nastase clowned and slid all over a wet grass tennis court in the rain for more than an hour Saturday before their Player Tournament final was abandoned.

Connors from Belleville, won the first set; the Romanian Nastase, won the second and they were level at 11 in the third when they decided enough was enough.

So they split the prize money.

Many of the 3800 spectators sat under umbrellas and Connors and Nastase gave them some hilarity. It was more like a knockabout comedy act than a major tournament final and did nothing to solve the problem of who might win Wimbledon which starts Monday.

Connors is the favorite for Wimbledon seeded No 2 behind Arthur Ashe the defending champion. Nastase is seeded No 3.

Connors had gone through this Wimbledon warmup without losing a set until Saturday's watery final. It was already raining when the players took the court but they agreed to try and play for a few games and see how things went.

Nobody took it very seriously. Connors slipped on the wet turf and sprawled headlong on the court. Nastase then told him how to fall. "Do it gracefully like this!" the Romanian said striking a pose like a ballerina.

Connors then borrowed a spectator's umbrella and held it with his right hand while serving.

While this fooling was going on, Nastase said to the umpire, "Play should be continuous! Tell him!" The crowd screamed with laughter. Earlier in the week Nastase had been reprimanded for interrupting the flow of play by arguing over line calls.

In what serious tennis there was, Nastase hit some cleverly angled shots that had Connors helpless in the slippery conditions and Connors volleyed with a vengeance.

Nastase broke service in the opening game of the third and the farce ended with Connors sliding a couple of yards to hit a volley and break back in the next game.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

"Love has nothing to do with what you're expecting to get, only what you're expecting to give - which is everything. What you receive in return varies, but that really has no connection with why you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving." - K. Hepburn.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #185
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

wow
Quote:
Numbers Never Lie ‏@ESPN_Numbers
234 = Roger Federer has won 234 Grand Slam matches, the most in the open era (since 1968).

Roger Federer 234
Jimmy Connors 233
Andre Agassi 224
Ivan Lendl 222
Pete Sampras 203

Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #186
country flag JediFed

Yessir. He's now Emperor of the Slams.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF

Old 05-31-2012, 03:09 PM   #187
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #188
country flag Federer4Everer

Federer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond repute

So if Fed wins Wimbledon final versus Nadal then Fed will have unbeated numbers of trophys for 3 out of the four grand slams. Plus he will regain number one thereby passing Sampras as having the all-time most weeks at #1.
Federer4Everer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #189
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer4Everer View Post
So if Fed wins Wimbledon final versus Nadal then Fed will have unbeated numbers of trophys for 3 out of the four grand slams. Plus he will regain number one thereby passing Sampras as having the all-time most weeks at #1.
Roger would come back #1 if he wins Wimbledon and Djokovic doesn't reach the final. I doesn't metter who is his oponent at the final
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #190
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Go Kingerer! This year he has a big chance.
June-October are the months where Roger can get so many points.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #191
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought there was a 3d about the records of Roger but I don't find it (maybe I dreamed it) so I guess the right 3d is this.

As it's official there will be no anymore blue clay in 2013 and maybe in the future we can tell that ROGER FEDERER IS THE ONLY WINNER OF A MASTERS 1000 TOURNAMENT ON BLUE CLAY!!!
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #192

Federer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond reputeFederer4Everer has a reputation beyond repute

Since post-Shanghai last year to now Roger is #1 in points. Excluding Wimbledon between now and Shanghai he has the least points to defend amongst the top 3:

Federer 990
Djokovic 3,600
Nadal 1,480 (plus some DC points)

Just one win over any of the other two would go a long ways to regaining #1!
Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #193
country flag ApproachShot

ApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond reputeApproachShot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I've been away from the forums for a while - this thread will get a comprehensive update once Wimbledon is over. No doubt I'll probably miss a few records from the previous update so any help with suggesting what should be included in the OP would be greatly appreciated and I will incorporate them at the end of the tournament.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #194

Hi ApproachShot nice to have you back

I would like to add for consideration a few more records yet to reach:

- Another FO would make him the only person with "career double slam"
- Nadal has him beat for winning 2 slams each on clay, grass and hard. Not sure if anyone in earlier days did that. Fed needs another FO to match him
- Although he has the most slam finals appearances he does not have the most "won or lost to the eventual champ." He is at 28 vs. Lendl at 31
- Olympic singles gold
- Davis Cup
Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #195
country flag JediFed

Quote:
Nadal has him beat for winning 2 slams each on clay, grass and hard. Not sure if anyone in earlier days did that
Mats Wilander.

2 AO (Grass), 1 AO (Hard), 1 USO (Hard), 2 RG Clay. 7 slams, 2 on each surface plus an extra one on clay.

Sunset of Age
She's MY Miss MTF