Virginia Wade warns Murray - Eurosport article - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
country flag laurie-1

laurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond reputelaurie-1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Virginia Wade warns Murray - Eurosport article

Read on....

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/20052010/...ns-murray.html

Former Wimbledon champion Virginia Wade has criticised Andy Murray for a series of poor decisions this season that have impacted on his form and standing in the game.

British number one Murray (pictured) is going through a difficult patch since reaching the Australian Open final in January, where he lost to Roger Federer, and Wade thinks his decision-making may have contributed to that.

Murray first angered organisers in Marseille when he withdrew just three days ahead of their February tournament, despite being seeded number one.

In Dubai he chose to experiment with his game during a loss to Janko Tipsarevic, and he also angered British tennis fans when he opted not to play the Davis Cup tie against Lithuania.

Wade, who will be a Eurosport guest during the upcoming French Open, believes Murray needs to take care not to lose further goodwill within the game.

"Andy is treading water a little bit right now," Wade told the Daily Mail. "A few things blew up in his face recently, all of which were a little bit his responsibility.

"They tested him. He probably started the ball rolling by pulling out of Marseille at the last minute and really aggravating them.

"The there was Dubai, and the people who were there tell you that his message was not delivered very well. I thought people were being a little harsh on him but I heard he came across as saying 'I was messing around'.

"Then there was the Davis Cup stuff. What was the big deal if he did go and play two matches?"

Murray has failed to progress beyond the quarter-finals in any of his last six events since the Australian Open but will hope to make amends at the French Open starting on Sunday.

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie-1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
country flag ChuckNorrisFan

ChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond reputeChuckNorrisFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Virginia Wade warns Murray - Eurosport article

Murray no good
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
country flag Stelle

Stelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond reputeStelle has a reputation beyond repute

Agree completely with this article, Murray Sucks and he thinks he can keep his good ranking? Nuh-uh he is a douche. He is kind of acting all up himself a bit and i am so glad to see him sucking it on clay, i hope Britain sees what a slam-less immature idiot he really is at Wimbledon!!
Stelle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly is she warning him about?:retard:

He has a right to take whatever decisions he wants.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
What exactly is she warning him about?:retard:

He has a right to take whatever decisions he wants.
Of course he does. She's only warning him of the dangers of those decisions.

But I'm not sure who "they" are.

Wade (to my outsider's eyes) seems to be very establishmentarian. From that perspective, Murray's a bit hard to take.

But, since I'm not British, I really don't care.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:14 PM   #6
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand what the dangers of those decisions are?Is she saying Britain will disown him or something?
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
I really don't understand what the dangers of those decisions are?Is she saying Britain will disown him or something?
It's very vague, isn't it? That's what I meant when I said I don't know who "they" are.

But this is my problem with Wade: Maybe it's just the tone of her voice or something, but she always sounds to me as if she is sneering a little bit, and this seems a little bit of sneering innuendo.

Just for myself, I think that doing the right thing gives one an inner calm. So, I think Murray would be better off not tilting at windmills or alienating people because he himself will feel better in the end. That's sort of my overall advice for life, but as I say, I don't care what he does. I'm just an observer when it comes to Murray.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

She's certainly entitled to her opinion.

What I don't get is why she thinks anyone cares about it.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

What's this hate filled thread about nothing doing in Andy's forum? Was it moved from GM?

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #10
country flag Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond reputeCloudygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
She's certainly entitled to her opinion.

What I don't get is why she thinks anyone cares about it.
I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:36 AM   #11
country flag guga2120

guga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond reputeguga2120 has a reputation beyond repute

If he wins Wimbledon, she will most likely be the first one kissing his ass.
guga2120 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
What's this hate filled thread about nothing doing in Andy's forum? Was it moved from GM?
yeah it will have been. i did wonder myself at first.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #13
country flag Jade Fox

Jade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond reputeJade Fox has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone get what she's trying to say here? And really what business is it of hers anyway?

The side pieces
The Sweet but Dopey Argentine
The Bulgarian Headcase
That Douche from Australia

And when the daylight's fading we're gonna play in the dark til it's golden again
Jade Fox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #14
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I think that what Virginia is saying is that the support of the public, and perhaps to some extent the support of "the establishment" is important to Murray (or should be)

As for what business it is of hers, she's a Wimbledon champion, I know only WTA but champion nonetheless, and also she's being paid for her opinion.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 AM   #15
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

I don't see why it should be.

It never was to McEnroe and now he is as much the establishment as the rest of them.