Ancient Threads - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #16
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ancient Threads

I see both sides have valid points. From General Messages Rules:

Quote:
(...)
(4) Prevent starting duplicate threads. This is especially annoying if the identical subject was already brought up by another poster just a few days ago. Use the search function and/or make sure that an identical or very related topic was not started by somebody else by looking at the next pages of the forum.

If you would like to bring up an issue again, simply post in the older thread(s).

(5) Make sure the thread you are about to start is worthy of discussion and is related to tennis. The fact that this forum is called "General Messages" does not mean that anything goes here.(i) Please don't start threads just to get answers about a matter in a short period of time. Have in mind that every separate section of the board has a purpose

(...)
It's written "especially (...) just few days ago" so that means not all threads have to be merged because they have the same subject. In the other hand, we have a lot of threads about the same subject being started per day in Grand Slam week like this, besides the continual theme AJ mentioned. In order to not "pollute" the forum too much and since people want to discuss, for example, the poor scheduling, we just merge them all and have a standard thread. It may seem a bit confusing, especially when two contemporaneous threads are merged, but that's what we can do.

BTW, I'm moving this thread to feedback/suggestions forum but I'll leave a redirect since it's interest of GM posters.