Roland Garros 2010 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #16
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roland Garros 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
Rusedski's saying Gael should be punished for warping the crowd and the Tournie Referee into playing on
This is SO wrong, I haven't had time to read other threads at all, but I hope people have set the facts straight?
We all could see that Fognini first wanted to keep playing and only changed his mind much later when he saw his coach, is Rusedski blind or what? My commentators had gotten it. And they all (Gaël, Fabio and the supervisor) have confirmed it since then. Fabio answered he wanted to keep playing when the supervisor asked them, that's why they played on, of course!

Gaël played like crap, as expected, people can criticize him for his game as much as they want, but he really didn't behave badly, it annoys me big time if he gets bashed for that. He did nothing wrong. That was the most positive thing for me, actually, at least he swallowed his pride for once and he tried until the end, which he hadn't done for a while.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 02:03 PM   #17
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Fabio did throw a big temper tantrum in the locker rooms, at least that's what I've read too and I don't think Gaël would make it up.
But I don't think it was directed at Gaël - they both seem quite similar to me, full of flaws, but basically no bad guys, so I assume they're fine.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #18
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
This is SO wrong, I haven't had time to read other threads at all, but I hope people have set the facts straight?
We all could see that Fognini first wanted to keep playing and only changed his mind much later when he saw his coach, is Rusedski blind or what? My commentators had gotten it. And they all (Gaël, Fabio and the supervisor) have confirmed it since then. Fabio answered he wanted to keep playing when the supervisor asked them, that's why they played on, of course!
That's exactly why I keep asking about what happened. GM has turned into a French-bashing place in general, so nothing can be expected from that side.

I had also asked two posters from rf.com, one liking Gael, the other rather neagtive towards him, but their views were not very clear either, but none of them went down on Gael, so I assuemd already he was not the one to blame.

I would rater criticise the umpire, though. Wasn't it Bernardes? He is not in my highest esteems anyway.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fabio did throw a big temper tantrum in the locker rooms, at least that's what I've read too and I don't think Gaël would make it up.
But I don't think it was directed at Gaël - they both seem quite similar to me, full of flaws, but basically no bad guys, so I assume they're fine.
The interview of Gael after the match is interesting to read and confirm what you wrote.
http://www.rolandgarros.com/fr_FR/ne...990344412.html

Quote:
Q. Vous avez parlé hier soir aux vestiaires ou pas du tout, aujourd’hui que dalle ?

R. D’abord, hier soir, il est arrivé, il a insulté tout le monde pendant une demi-heure ! C'était pas super sympa… Mais après, c'est un gars sympa, normalement.
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #20
country flag Truc

Yes, I like Gaël's post-match interview, I wish they would have translated if on the English website - not sure his haters would have read it, but for me he explains quite well the incidents and also his poor performance.

I don't feel like reading the GM crap about the match either, but their statements are clear enough.
Here's what the tournament director says in L'Equipe: "Dans un premier temps, Fognini s’est étonné que Stefan (le superviseur) leur dise qu’on ne jouerait en tout cas pas plus de deux jeux. Mais ça, c’était avant que son coach ne lui préconise l’arrêt."
So the discussion was first about whether they would play only 2 more games or finish the match – the supervisor told them they wouldn't play more than 2 games. And then Fognini saw his coach gesturing and started argueing that he wanted to stop, but he had already agreed and it was blatant coaching, which isn't allowed. That's what I saw too and that's what they both explain in their post-match interviews, Gaël isn't the one to blame.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
country flag krn81

krn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond reputekrn81 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont get really the roland garros website because they just put some of the interviews, but why not all the players specially for the english version...at least the videos...
About the GM well lately they are just anti French behavior and probably 80% of people who posted there even did not watch the match!!
Some players have bad reputation but lot of people never really watched them played

I have not seen lot of his match but the only comment i got was more his nickname from sliderman should be changed to strapman

His post interview is pretty good, does not find excuses but hopefully this match will be good for him, he might stop to make jump and co and gets injured always....
C'est peut être un mal pour un bien
krn81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

I don't go into GM anymore, too many halfwits!

I uploaded the small part of the match british eurosport showed after Andy's match if anyone wants to try to make sense out of it http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=406

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #23
country flag clemm

clemm is on a distinguished road

hey guys!!
I'm new here and I'm a big big fan of Gael.
I'm a bit worried because in France, commentators during RG were constantly saying that Gael was going through a bad patch and on the doc "les 4 mousquetaires", he said the same but with no further explanation. I hope it's nothing too big.
And was he hurt? because on his abdomen, he had some strap or something. do you know something about that?
can't wait to hear about the Queen's!
I'm really glad to be a new member of mtf
clemm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
country flag Truc

Bienvenue!
I guess he was fit or he wouldn't be playing again. I know his shoulder was bothering him a little bit in training, but I don't think it's the reason why he played so poorly.
As for his "bad patch", I think it's mostly due to his break-up with his gf, it's been mentioned in every article lately. Articles also mention the fact that Manicom, his former acupuncturist, is very sick (but he's been ill for a while now).

There have been a few articles posted on the French forum about it, since you understand French:
A good interview before RG: http://www.gaelmonfils.com/forum/vie...=1&t=249#p5979
And an interview with his condition trainer after the Fognini match: http://monimag.eu/upload/456/lecon.jpg
Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #25
country flag clemm

clemm is on a distinguished road

thanks Truc!!!
yeah, I know, we heard nothing about it so I guess it's nothing really bad.at first, I thought it was a new tatoo but it's really dark.
[IMG][/IMG]

I had no idea about his break up and Manicom's illness. I'm really sorry to hear that.
I missed those articles on the french forum, don't know how I did that! lol
but thanks. they were really interesting. I love when Chamagne explains that Gael wants his entourage to push him more.
clemm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #26
country flag Lamonf#1

Lamonf#1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bienvenue!
I guess he was fit or he wouldn't be playing again. I know his shoulder was bothering him a little bit in training, but I don't think it's the reason why he played so poorly.
As for his "bad patch", I think it's mostly due to his break-up with his gf, it's been mentioned in every article lately. Articles also mention the fact that Manicom, his former acupuncturist, is very sick (but he's been ill for a while now).

There have been a few articles posted on the French forum about it, since you understand French:
A good interview before RG: http://www.gaelmonfils.com/forum/vie...=1&t=249#p5979
And an interview with his condition trainer after the Fognini match: http://monimag.eu/upload/456/lecon.jpg

What is the story with his break up? Does anyone have any more info? I am truly enthralled as this guy seems to have so many off the court issues.... Do you mean gael himself has been referring to the breakup or the media? Did this girl break up with Lamonf?
Lamonf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #27
country flag Truc

No idea, it's just been mentioned a few times in the media and since he seemed to really adore her, it's not surprising he had a bit trouble getting over it. Bad timing.