Israel responsible for faking Aussie passports to murder a Hamas operative in Dubai - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

andy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Israel responsible for faking Aussie passports to murder a Hamas operative in Dubai

The Federal Government is expelling an Israeli diplomat after it found Israel faked Australian passports that were used in a hit on a top Hamas leader in Dubai.

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith today condemned the fraud as "not the act of a friend" and a clear affront to Australia that cannot be tolerated.

"This is not what we expect from a nation with whom we have had such a close, friendly and supportive relationship," he said.

In February several forged Australian passports were used in the assassination of Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Mabhouh.

Mr Smith confirmed investigations by Australian Federal Police, ASIO and ASIS showed Israel fabricated the passports of four Australians who also had Israeli nationality.

"The high quality of these counterfeited passports points to involvement of a state intelligence service," he said.

"These investigations and advice have left the Australian Government in no doubt that Israel was responsible for the abuse and counterfeiting of these passports."

The Department of Foreign Affairs summoned the Charge D'affairs to request that it remove one of its diplomats within the week.

"The Government takes this step much more in sorrow than anger or retaliation," Mr Smith said.

"It is a decision taken in our national security interest.

"The department conveyed the Government's deep disappointment over Israel's involvement in this affair."

The diplomat who has been expelled has not been named and it is not known whether they will return or be replaced at a later stage.

Mr Smith said Australia would now work on rebuilding its relationship and reminded Israel friendship was a "two-way street".

He also said Israel should realise it is on notice that if it again fabricates Australian passports similar or stronger action would be taken.

When asked if Israel had acknowledged its part in the affair or had apologised, Mr Smith replied: "In terms of the substance of these matters Israel has not been drawn in those conversations or drawn on those matters."

Regrettable decision

A spokesman for the Israeli foreign ministry, Yigal Palmor, says it is a regrettable decision.

"It does not reflect the importance and the quality of our relationships," he said.

Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop says the Government has over-reacted.

"There is no actual proof that the Israeli government was involved - there is an assumption," she said.

Nicole McCabe, Joshua Bruce, Adam Korman and Joshua Krycer have been named as the Australians whose passports were forged. All four live in Israel.

Mr Smith says replacement passports have been issued and consular assistance is still being provided to the four Australians.

An Australian Federal Police (AFP) team travelled to Israel to investigate the matter as well as the director-general of ASIO earlier this month.

Dubai authorities had said they were almost 100 per cent certain the Israeli spy agency, Mossad, was responsible for the hit.

Dubai claimed the assassins also used Irish, French and German passports to travel through the state.

Israel has maintained there is no proof it was behind the assassination.

Earlier this year, Britain expelled an Israeli diplomat after an investigation by its Serious Organised Crime Agency found that 12 forged British passports used in the assassination were copied from real documents.

It said the copies were made after the passports were handed over for inspection "to individuals linked to Israel".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...24/2907598.htm

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

Not surprised. A thug government of a twisted state making criminal actions in foreign nations. Good one...
andy neyer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
country flag Kingo

Kingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond reputeKingo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel responsible for faking Aussie passports to murder a Hamas operative in Dub

Wow fake passports thats a big deal. Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was a terrorist responsible for the death of hundreds of innocents, lets not forget that he is the criminal in this case...
Kingo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Israel responsible for faking Aussie passports to murder a Hamas operative in Dub

I'm sure they could have used other ways to get the same result. If Hamas got information on the passports used do you honestly think they are just going to shrug it off and not care? They would track the people down who in this case were innocent foreigners who had their identities used against their wishes.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy neyer View Post

Not surprised. A thug government of a twisted state making criminal actions in foreign nations. Good one...
I hope Ireland does the same - if the proof is there.

But speaking of twisted states, I just read that a Gaza group of fundamentalists has attacked a childrens' summer camp in Gaza that was being organized by the UN. Seems the little kids might have had some fun - and that is against the Koran, apparently. At least the Israelis hit out at adult terrorists and not innocent little kids.
And Hamas itself cancelled a music concert - I guess Gaza teenagers need to be protected from evil as well.
If nothing else, at least Israel is a first line of defence against the propogation of pre-historic religious madness.

Last edited by buddyholly : 05-24-2010 at 12:49 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:48 PM   #5
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Here's more news about this peaceful country:

Israel denies apartheid South Africa nuke talks

(CNN) -- Israel "has never negotiated the exchange of nuclear weapons with South Africa," its president's office said Monday, after a British newspaper claimed such talks had taken place.

The Guardian published what it said were previously secret South African documents saying the two countries' defense ministers had discussed the possible Israeli sale of nuclear weapons to the apartheid-era state in 1975.

The newspaper said the documents were the first written proof that Israel had nuclear weapons.

Israel has always refused either to confirm or deny that.

But Monday, President Shimon Peres' office issued a statement saying, "There exists no basis in reality for the claims published this morning by the Guardian that in 1975 Israel negotiated with South Africa the exchange of nuclear weapons.

"Unfortunately, The Guardian elected to write its piece based on the selective interpretation of South African documents and not on concrete facts," the statement said.

Peres was defense minister at the time of the alleged negotiations, and the Guardian says his signature is on one of the memos.

Part of that memo has been blacked out, but a part that is visible mentions "all information, know-how and materials," then has several words blacked out, followed by "schematics, plans and drawings supplied or transmitted... in the course of negotiations or in pursuance of any of the aforesaid agreements."

Much of the rest of the visible part of the document is about keeping the agreement secret. It makes reference to an "Annex A," which does not appear in the Guardian article.

The document, posted with others on the Guardian's website, is apparently signed by South African Defense Minister PW Botha and dated April 3, 1975. A signature appearing to be Peres' is not dated.

The document is stamped "Top Secret" and "Declassified 2006-05-30."

Another memo, apparently bearing Peres' signature and published on Israeli Ministry of Defense stationery, thanks South African Information Secretary E.M. Rhoodie for his "great efforts" in ensuring successful meetings between Israel and South Africa in December 1974.

The document says a "vitally important cooperation between our two countries has been initiated," but does not go into details.

A third document purports to detail talks between Botha and Peres.

Botha asks for "the correct payload" and Peres tells him it is "available in three sizes," according to the South African minutes of the meeting.

The documents -- all South African -- were obtained by a researcher, Sasha Polakow-Suransky, for a book on the close relationship between the two countries, the Guardian says in its article by Washington correspondent Chris McGreal.

The book, "The Unspoken Alliance: Israel's Secret Relationship with Apartheid South Africa," is due to be published Tuesday, according to Amazon.com.

Israel said the newspaper did not seek Israeli official comment before publishing the article.

Israel has long been assumed to have about 200 nuclear warheads.

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/me...ex.html?hpt=T2
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #6
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

andy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond reputeandy neyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
At least the Israelis hit out at adult terrorists and not innocent little kids.
Tell that to this man.

I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear your litte speech there.

Quote:
And Hamas itself cancelled a music concert - I guess Gaza teenagers need to be protected from evil as well.
Oh the horror of those barbaric Arabs! They cancelled a music concert. Meanwhile the Israeli state can coerce, steal, kill and terrorize an entire population and you probably won't say a word about it.

Quote:
If nothing else, at least Israel is a first line of defence against the propogation of pre-historic religious madness.
hhahaha good one. A state that declares its meaning in the idea of religion. A state that defines itself as "The Jewish State" and tries to dissuade and even in some cases discriminate non-Jews from taking part of it is in your eyes the "first line of defense against the propagation of pre-historic religious madness"! Seriously, man, get a grip.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #7
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
Wow fake passports thats a big deal. Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was a terrorist responsible for the death of hundreds of innocents, lets not forget that he is the criminal in this case...
Uh, source?

Mahmoud was a senior Hamas military commander and one of the founders of the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades (the military wing of Hamas). He took part in several attacks against the ARMY of Israel and his most notable action was perhaps the abduction and murder of 2 Israeli soldiers.

That he is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocents is a complete fabrication, anyway you slice it. He was a guy who took the side of his nation and stood up against the occupation. He wasn't perfect and made many errors but many more have been done by the Israelis and those -far from being unpunished- are celebrated and defended as acts against terrorism without ever considering who the real terrorists are.

That said, I'm sure every democratic state will assert that every person deserves a fair trial and not getting killed by hired agents who break international laws (this isn't the first time Israel does something like this btw).
Israel prides itself of being a democracy but time and time again its dirty secrets come to light and so does its hipocrisy and the hipocrisy of its Western supporters.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:58 AM   #8
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Meanwhile the Israeli state can coerce, steal, kill and terrorize an entire population and you probably won't say a word about it.

hhahaha good one. A state that declares its meaning in the idea of religion. A state that defines itself as "The Jewish State" and tries to dissuade and even in some cases discriminate non-Jews from taking part of it is in your eyes the "first line of defense against the propagation of pre-historic religious madness"! Seriously, man, get a grip.
I posted here to say that I hoped Ireland finally got tough with Israeli tactics. That's saying a word.

As for the second part, I have not seen any footage of Israeli mobs in the street calling for my death over their hissy fit at some funny cartoon.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #9
country flag andy neyer
Banned!

Quote:
As for the second part, I have not seen any footage of Israeli mobs in the street calling for my death over their hissy fit at some funny cartoon.
Way to change the subject. FYI, not all Palestinians are Muslisms and only an extremely low proportion of radicalized Muslims called for the death of "the infidels".

But if you wanna play that game I can also say that I don't see Palestinians invading other countries for their oil or invading other nations for their land.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Way to change the subject. FYI, not all Palestinians are Muslisms and only an extremely low proportion of radicalized Muslims called for the death of "the infidels".
I know, but the radicals seem to have hijacked the religion. When you have rampaging people who are spurred on by their religious leaders to believe that cartoons and novels are worth killing over it is a good idea as an ''infidel'' to push back.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
But if you wanna play that game I can also say that I don't see Palestinians invading other countries for their oil or invading other nations for their land.
Good description of Saddam Hussein, there.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good description of Saddam Hussein, there.
or George Bush
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM   #13
country flag DualMedia

DualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond reputeDualMedia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
or George Bush
obama is great, right?
DualMedia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #14
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

You've peaked my curiosity Mr Neyer; what's your background in all of this? You appear to have an agenda and I would love to know what makes you tick.

On second thought; never mind. I don't really give a shit.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 AM   #15
country flag prima donna
Banned!

prima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond reputeprima donna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
You've peaked my curiosity Mr Neyer; what's your background in all of this? You appear to have an agenda and I would love to know what makes you tick.

On second thought; never mind. I don't really give a shit.
prima donna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote