Roland-Garros 2010 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #121
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roland-Garros 2010

he's only in action in halle before wimbledon so he cant gain points anywhere either unless he makes it past the semi finals in halle and the 3rd round at wimbledon. He is only defending points so the only way his ranking will go up is if others fall and he defends his points or he does better then last year at this time.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #122
country flag HoistDaColors

HoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond reputeHoistDaColors has a reputation beyond repute

i just watched his interview on the official website. It sounded like he had no confidence of winning this match going into it.

I saw his old coach again in yesterday's match. I hope they'll work something out.
HoistDaColors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #123
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't get at all the first part of the interview either, I assumed he got confused and forgot a negation somewhere? Not sounding arrogant is one thing, but that would be taking it a bit far, especially with his record against Verdasco and Verdasco physically struggling!
The rest of his analysis is OK, poor serve, and he was too passive, only reacting, not dictating.

He says in German articles that he had been sick just before, he was very relieved to make it through the first rounds under these conditions and his legs felt heavy yesterday.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #124
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Here is an article in German, nothing new, but it sums up pretty well what happened:
http://tennismagazin.de/tour_exklusi...class=22&pid=1
The journalist describes the press conference and stresses one more time the change of tone in Philipp's statements, while he's had some truly embarrassing post-match interviews in the past.
This time he was spot on and analyzing very well what he had done wrong. He saw in the 5th set that Verdasco was struggling at one point. Not for a long time, just 5 minutes. But he says he was feeling very tired himself at that point and couldn't use the opportunity. It was doubly painful because he could see there was a chance, but his shots were not hurting Verdasco anymore. The reason in his opinion is that he had been a bit sick in the days before the tournament/the match.
Then follows a detailed match report, the story with Verdasco's foot with the medical time-out in the mdidle of a game. Wilander apparently said in the Eurosport daily summary that it "was too much drama for his liking". Verdasco was looking in terrible pain and then in the 5th he was moving normally again. Maybe the pain killers worked very well. Maybe he had overdone it a bit too.
Too much drama from Verdasco. But not enough drama from Kohli. No fist pumping, nothing. Verdasco was pumping himself up like crazy when he won a point, lamenting after every miss. A lot of antics, but nothing unfair.
Whatever he might say, Kohli should have tried more at the beginning of the 5th set when he saw the chance, even if he was feeling tired. He's lacking the "killer instinct" and the match exposed his main weakness.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #125
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

who here likes his chances at defending his points at wimbledon and halle?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #126
country flag _Chaz

_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute_Chaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
i just dont think you should lose points that you earned last year at the same tournament i think thats really stupid

or at the very least i think it should be that, in this example philipp made the 3rd round. He made the 4th round last year and so you take away only the deficit from what he earned.

he earned 90 points this year, 180 last year so he should only lose 90 points.

anyway i looked back and i have to apoologiz
Sorry, but Kohli will lose just 90 points because 180 - 90 = 90.

I also like: Wawrinka | Tsonga | Dimitrov | Isner | Gulbis |

Warm regards: 6-3 6-0 / 6-3 6-4
_Chaz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #127
country flag misty1
Banned!

oh so it does work that way? i thought he lost the whole 180

thanks for clearing that up