Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2 - Page 39 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #571
country flag Alejax

Alejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond reputeAlejax has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ernests' Photos and Videos Part 2

Love all pictures !!!!!!!
He looks great
Alejax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #572
country flag meitene

meitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond repute

I'll translate both in a little bit!
meitene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #573
country flag meitene

meitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond reputemeitene has a reputation beyond repute

The Russian one:

Reporter: The #1 Latvian tennis player, Ernests Gulbis, has come out on the court, but his opponent today is not the famous Nadal or Federer, but the younger players. Masha, for example, is already a champion in her age group. The little girl's idol is Ernests Gulbis. To be playing against Gulbis wasn't something the girl even dreamed of.

Masha: I was simply watching it on the tv and I liked how the people played so much, how they run, how beautiful their game is.

Reporter: Artyom already has been playing tennis for 6 years. He takes after his parents whose hobby is tennis. However, the boy wants to take the hobby to a more serious level and become a professional player. To play against Gulbis is a fortunate event for him.

Artyom: They give us a chance to play against the much stronger, famous players. We can learn the technicalities of hitting the ball from them.

EG: Children are always psyched to come and play on courts. I remember myself when I was 10 years old. I would come to every training session and I was so happy and felt lucky to be there. Now I feel the happiness is slowly dissipating.. Towards the end of your career there's less of that feeling of excitement. But I am trying to hold on to that feeling of positiveness. Today I played with the kids. It's nice to know that maybe someday one of these kids will grow up to be a great player. If the child won't succeed in tennis, he will still be a healthy child, with no need to spend time on the street. He will simply choose to go play tennis.

Reporter: Gulbis himself is the grandson of a basketball player, son of an actress and a businessman. It's interesting that he refused to participate in one of the two main sports of Latvia - basketball and hockey.

EG: I was more of an individualist. I think if I chose a team sport, I would be eaten alive there. I like to do things myself, to be responsible for my own success. You play a match - you win, you win; you loose, you loose. You're all by yourself. That is why I chose tennis.

(And then they talk about a group of kids from the crisis center who played tennis for the first time, and then Gulbis signs autographs for the kids.)
Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #574
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for translating everything. I hate that the excitement is lessening already for him but I hope he is still determined to play tennis for a lot lot longer!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #575
country flag meitene

The Latvian one:

Reporter: Latvian #1 player, Ernests Gulbis, held an open training session at the Olympic Sports Center in Riga for the best of the young players in the 10-12 year old group.

EG: I don't remember myself being this young. I like how several of these kids are playing. There's hope for a good outcome.

Reporter: To play with the best of Latvian players, especially with a #25 in the world, was an adventure for the little players. Some of them will have a chance to practice at ball-throwing skills during the Davis Cup weekend.

Roberts: Some of these kids will be ballboys as well. (Reporter: What does that mean?) They will hand out tennis balls to the Latvian best players who will play at the tournament.

Reporter: The Poles are considered the best in doubles, but Ernests thinks that if the arena will be full of supporters, throughout the whole tournament the Latvian team will have a big advantage.

EG: Think about it, if a crowd of at least 2,000 gathers from all across Latvia, all of them thinking positively about their team. Everybody with their spirits united will be able to achieve something. As well as we all know, and as all the books are telling us - thought has great power. If everybody thinks about the victory, wants to achieve that goal, of course that will be very helpful.

Reporter: Tomorrow we'll find out who's playing who.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #576
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the translation
banhhe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:47 AM   #577

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again Simona
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 09-17-2010, 03:32 AM   #578
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
A couple of video links.. Maybe a very kind Russian and Latvian speaker will tell us what he says..

http://www.tvnet.lv/online_tv/7249 (around 22:00)
http://www.tvnet.lv/online_tv/7223 (around 33:00)
it is so funny that I can only watch these early in the morning , other times, it says "could not connect..."
Old 09-17-2010, 04:41 AM   #579
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

omg i just noticed he uses his watches on his right hand, i do the same! lol x)

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #580
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
A couple of video links.. Maybe a very kind Russian and Latvian speaker will tell us what he says..

http://www.tvnet.lv/online_tv/7249 (around 22:00)
http://www.tvnet.lv/online_tv/7223 (around 33:00)
Thank you I don't know how you find these videos when I don't even know about them

It's funny he says he remembers being 10 years old to the Russian reporter but in the Latvian interview he says he doesn't remember being this young
Old 09-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #581
moni

moni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond reputemoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Thank you I don't know how you find these videos when I don't even know about them

It's funny he says he remembers being 10 years old to the Russian reporter but in the Latvian interview he says he doesn't remember being this young
He remembers that he enjoyed tennis a lot when he was this young, but he doesn't remember how well he played.
moni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #582

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post

I thought that exact same thing.
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #583
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banhhe View Post
This is exquisite I couldn't resist making an avatar out of it, forgive me Berankis
Old 09-17-2010, 04:43 PM   #584
country flag banhhe

Old 09-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #585
country flag banhhe

I think his hair is just fine, wish he shaved and used conditioner for his hair though :/