The Organization of this Forum - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Organization of this Forum

Since Ernests has breathed a new life into his career and into this forum by extension, I thought maybe we could improve the organization here. I propose to create the following threads:

1) Interviews and Articles
2) News about Upcoming Tournaments etc.
3) Photos
4) Video and Audio
5) A Cheering Thread (we could keep the same one for a year or change it more often)

As you can see, I separated photos from videos, I think it will be easier for people to find what they're looking for in such a setup. Also, it would be clear where to post questions or news about his upcoming tournaments. Interviews and articles are in the same thread because they often go together.

So what do you think?
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Organization of this Forum

Good idea. Let's do it.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's an excellent set up that you are proposing Evita

I do have one query,I hope you don't mind me asking you Evita. I have an unused thread 'Live Scoring Part 2'. Is there anything you would want me to do with that so that maybe I could bring it into use?

Did you ask for a 'Quotes' thread a little while ago? Could I use my 'unused' thread to change it to that,or is a quotes thread not required now? I am just wondering as no-one said anything. Please let me know what you think.

I do suggest that we try to get more people involved in opening threads in the future. I have always wanted more participation for others here What do you and other people here think? Perhaps we could get together and nominate each other to open future threads? Just an idea, again please,all let me know what you thinkMaybe start next year with nominated posters ready to open threads, at agreed times

I completely go with the ideas you have so far Evita,and thanks for the last thread It was a great success I am keen to get involved as actively/sensibly as possible

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club

Last edited by but-it's-ok : 03-04-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: add suggestions
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
Since Ernests has breathed a new life into his career and into this forum by extension, I thought maybe we could improve the organization here. I propose to create the following threads:

1) Interviews and Articles
2) News about Upcoming Tournaments etc.
3) Photos
4) Video and Audio
5) A Cheering Thread (we could keep the same one for a year or change it more often)

As you can see, I separated photos from videos, I think it will be easier for people to find what they're looking for in such a setup. Also, it would be clear where to post questions or news about his upcoming tournaments. Interviews and articles are in the same thread because they often go together.

So what do you think?
You could do as I did Evita and ask for being a mod of his forum only. It will allow you to tidy up the place and put your main threads as stickies. Then once cleaned up there isn't much to do.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
You could do as I did Evita and ask for being a mod of his forum only. It will allow you to tidy up the place and put your main threads as stickies. Then once cleaned up there isn't much to do.
I don't think this place needs much cleaning up honestly, I just think it would be a good idea to start with fresh threads. No need to make them stickies, past history suggests they will be near the top anyway.

Di, that's right, I had forgotten about the quotes thread. I think your empty thread would serve well for that if you changed the title. As for getting more people to open threads, I think it doesn't matter either way. If several people want to start the threads we can divide them among ourselves, or I can open all of them myself if there are no volunteers. Ultimately the important thing is who posts in the threads, not who starts them.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #6
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Sure,ok great Evita I just always think of participation in here thats all; But of course,it's more important that people post in the threads that will be here.

I did just think of something else. Photos thread..there is a graphics thread in here somewhere. Did you want to add graphics to photos title?? (Just in case creative people come along) I know there is someone who makes wallpapers on this site Poiree?? There may be others out there.

Yep,thanks,I'll change the title of my thread to include quotes

Let me know if I can help with anything else It'll soon feel more like a new forum

Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #7
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

We can leave the graphics thread as it is, and also keep the thread about other Latvian players as it is, I think.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
country flag but-it's-ok

That's all good with me!

I just opened up the quotes thread I'm always happy to help with the Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #9
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea
We said in Serbia, that a good organization is half of work done
It will be easier to find what we looking for.
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
country flag Ginevra83

Ginevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond reputeGinevra83 has a reputation beyond repute

Greta idea Evita!! And to all the others for advises!
Ernests is doing his best to be better and we should do the same ahahah
Pics and videos in separate sections are way better
and new sections for tournaments will be nice, otherwise only one will be hugeee soon

Good job
Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Well, I created the new threads. Have fun using them