Is it finally over for Lance Armstrong? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #61
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it finally over for Lance Armstrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
I claimed that Spain & Italy are among the worst doping countries whereas Sweden & Norway has no doping problems to speak of looking at the hard and circumstantial evidence. You decide to counter this by...

* trivializing the doping practices in Spain & Italy.
I haven't even started to talk about the situation of doping practices in Spain and Italy. And of the few things I've said, one of them has been that Spanish civil legislation regarding doping had been deficient for years.

I've been tackling your argument that cyclists in Scandinavia are cleaner.

Quote:
* defending the doping practices in these countries by arguing that all the organised doping SHOULD be down there and most dopers SHOULD be spanish & italian.
This is where you start to get really annoying. I have never said such things. I have said that, logistically, it's understandable that the big doping networks are in those countries. Not that they should, that is your addition, nor, for heaven's sake, that most dopers should be Spanish and Italian. I have said that, again, it is normal that a high number of them are, simply because of the fact that they are the two countries with more riders in the peloton, by far. Surely you understand that.

Quote:
* claiming that "we're talking about cycling". Well, I sure wasn't. My comment was on doping in general, but just looking at cycling doesn't exactly put S&I in a better light at all. It does however allow you to...
*...state that the lack of organized doping, doping doctors and dopers (except for Axelsson obviously) in Sweden & Norway is just cos cycling is such a small sport up here, so you see, it doesn't really matter. I would like to counter this by saying there's absolutely zero evidence of systematic doping in the sports we do care about, some of them being endurance sports as well or power sports, but apparently, I'm talking about cycling here...
Well you should know what you're talking about better than me. I know what I am talking about, and that's cycling. I know nothing about the other sports, I can't even start a discussion on that.

Quote:
And you still haven't begun to show how Sweden & Norway are anywhere near as bad as Spain & Italy when it comes to doping. What you've produced so far is a mix of deflection, rationalization, apologetic drivel and just a thourough muddying of the waters. Well done!
Oh, I can also play that game.

I can say you are constantly squirrelling around by first saying that northerners are better, then that Scandinavians are, and then that only Norwegians and Swedes are, and even among them, only those who don't go abroad. Interestingly, the two Northern countries where cycling plays a minor role. Very convenient! It doesn't matter that the most important Swedish rider in active has been recently caught doping, that's just the Italians's fault, the poor man didn't want to do it but they insisted.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #62
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you still haven't begun to show how Sweden & Norway are anywhere near as bad as Spain & Italy when it comes to doping.
I almost forget:

Quote:
Norwegian rider also suspended

The UCI announced that it had fined the Norwegian Cycling Federation 5,000 Swiss francs (about $US3,500) because the Federation had not taken any actin against Rune Jogert who tested positive for Ephedrine during a stage race in Germany (the Berliner 4-Etappen-Fahrt). The Federation also did not tell the UCI of the finding and the UCI statement says this shows a "lack of respect" for the UCI anti-drug campaign.
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in Lausanne heard the UCI appeal and suspended Jogert for 2 months from February 1, 1998. He was also fined 500 Swiss francs ($US345) and lost 15 UCI ranking points.
http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/resul...98/jan27a.html

A Federation fined for knowingly hiding a positive of one of its riders... yup, that's what I call a determinate anti-doping culture.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 05-20-2010, 10:13 PM   #63
country flag The Freak

The Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond reputeThe Freak has a reputation beyond repute

Landis is a dope and has no credibility or evidence

Tim Henman--Gael Monfils--James Blake--Rafael Nadal--Jo-Wilfried Tsonga--John Isner--Andy Murray--Janko Tipsarevic--Juan Martin Del Potro--Ryan Harrison--Donald Young--Andy Roddick--Mardy Fish--Richard Gasquet--David Ferrer--Somdev Devvarman.

The Freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #64
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
I haven't even started to talk about the situation of doping practices in Spain and Italy. And of the few things I've said, one of them has been that Spanish civil legislation regarding doping had been deficient for years.
So why then are you getting your panties in a bunch then?

Quote:
I've been tackling your argument that cyclists in Scandinavia are cleaner.
That's not what I actually said, although I would expect it to be true.

Quote:
This is where you start to get really annoying. I have never said such things. I have said that, logistically, it's understandable that the big doping networks are in those countries. Not that they should, that is your addition, nor, for heaven's sake, that most dopers should be Spanish and Italian. I have said that, again, it is normal that a high number of them are, simply because of the fact that they are the two countries with more riders in the peloton, by far. Surely you understand that.
The bottom line is that Spain and Italy make up the HQ of doping in cycling and you're making up excuses.
France is a huge cycling nation as well, why aren't they at the heart of doping practices in cycling? Why aren't they even close to S&I in the dopers caught list?

Quote:
Well you should know what you're talking about better than me. I know what I am talking about, and that's cycling. I know nothing about the other sports, I can't even start a discussion on that.
What I actually said was that Spain is one of the countries with the most significant doping problems, whereas this is not a big problem in the scandinavian countries.

Quote:
Oh, I can also play that game.

I can say you are constantly squirrelling around by first saying that northerners are better, then that Scandinavians are, and then that only Norwegians and Swedes are, and even among them, only those who don't go abroad. Interestingly, the two Northern countries where cycling plays a minor role. Very convenient! It doesn't matter that the most important Swedish rider in active has been recently caught doping, that's just the Italians's fault, the poor man didn't want to do it but they insisted.
Let's make this clear, Denmark isn't Scandinavia but a german excrescence.

It is irrelevant that a swedish rider has been caught. It's such a nonsensical argument that doesn't prove me wrong at all. I wasn't talking about all individual swedes and noogie riders being superior to everyone else, but Scandinavia lacking the widespread organized doping practices that are evident in certain other countries.

Quote:
I almost forget:

http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/resul...98/jan27a.html

A Federation fined for knowingly hiding a positive of one of its riders... yup, that's what I call a determinate anti-doping culture.
A weak stimulant... Hardly compares to the widespread blood doping in Spain and the protection of Valverde.
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #65
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Can't figure this Mjau out. Her posts here are obviously trying to take the mickey.

Yet when I made a joke about the new Miss USA she gave me a bad rep and told me I was Islamophobic. If you are joking surely you don't do it in a rep that no-one sees. So she must be serious about jokes about Islam being forbidden.

Serious - taking the mickey? I don't know.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #66
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Gotta go to bed, but who's making excuses now? The point isn't what kind of drug he took but that the Norwegian Federation tried to hide it. That is very serious and contradicts your argument about the honest and admirable doping fight in one of those countries.

Loved the Denmark line though. You sure know how to make friends around the world.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #67
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
when I made a joke about the new Miss USA she gave me a bad rep and told me I was Islamophobic.
That is very funny, coming from this poster.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:42 PM   #68
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gotta go to bed, but who's making excuses now? The point isn't what kind of drug he took but that the Norwegian Federation tried to hide it. That is very serious and contradicts your argument about the honest and admirable doping fight in one of those countries.

Loved the Denmark line though. You sure know how to make friends around the world.
Must have been an honest mistake... Still doesn't compare to what's going on in España though which is really the heart of the issue here.

I don't see how any objective and well-informed individual can deny that Spain is one of the worst doping countries in Europe while Sweden is on the opposite side of the scale.

Quote:
That is very funny, coming from this poster.
I beg your pardon?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #69
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Must have been an honest mistake...
You should have started with this, it would have saved me some precious time.

Night!

Old 05-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #70
country flag Mjau!

You're still skirting the actual question here. There's tonnes of hard evidence as well as circumstential evidence of systematic doping being widespread in Spain and Italy and the handling of these issues have been abysmal in Spain which has garnered sharp criticism from WADA and the UCI. There is no evidence at all of systematic doping in Sweden and Norway or even Denmark, none whatsoever.

So what makes you say that Sweden and Norway are "no better" than Spain & Italy? It is indeed a truly baffling notion! You are nothing but a blind patriot shying away from the truth because it happens to be inconvenient. Shame on you, Har-Tru, shame on you! In chosing to ignore the problem you become a part of it. The first step to recovery is accepting that you have a problem. When will the spanish public finally realize that spanish sports is rotten to the core and demand change? Will that day ever come? I for one am sad to say, I doubt it.

I hope you have nightmares, you silly enabler!
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 PM   #71
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Landis allegations must be viewed with scepticism after he previously denied doping. Landis’ sudden doping admission comes after the rider spent hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to prove his innocence, including the establishment of the Floyd Fairness Fund which encourage people to donate to help with the estimated $500,000 legal bill. After the rider’s suspension was upheld by the American Arbitration Association, Landis claimed it was proof the “anti-doping system is corrupt, inefficient and unfair”.
What a classy guy.
I'm not sure what to think about his allegations against Lance Armstrong. I've never been a fan of Lance (big ego), but I don't really buy what Floyd is saying. I don't understand the point of throwing Lance under the bus without showing proof of it. I wouldn't exactly be shocked if Lance did indeed dope - a cyclist doping is not anything new. What I can't stand though is someone who lies over and over and over again about not doping, only to reveal later that they did and wanting some sort of sympathy for it.
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #72
country flag Mjau!

The worst part is that he conned a lot of gullible people into giving him their money. That should be considered fraud.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 AM   #73
country flag -Valhalla-
Mais Oui

-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute-Valhalla- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The US and Spain are the worst nations on earth (along with Italy and Russia) when it comes to these matters. Unlike the scandinavian countries ...
Quote:
Typical spaniards defending obvious dopers ... Disgraceful.
Quote:
Why wont you just admit that your country is rotten to the core while mine is a shining beacon of light? That's all I ask of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Can't figure this Mjau out. Her posts here are obviously trying to take the mickey.

Yet when I made a joke about the new Miss USA she [Mjau!] gave me a bad rep and told me I was Islamophobic. If you are joking surely you don't do it in a rep that no-one sees. So she must be serious about jokes about Islam being forbidden.

Serious - taking the mickey? I don't know.
The absolute zenith of hypocrisy. Hey Mjau, lick my love-pump you hypocritical ****

[buddyholly, Mjau bad repped me as well and called me 'disgusting' for making a whimsical joke. I bad repped her back and in the comment box wrote 'blow me'. She then PM'ed me with an ultimatum that if I didn't apologize, she would go to the mods claiming she was a victim of 'sexual harassment' ]

Quote:
BTW, I was gonna rep you for that adorablé cat picture, but now you've got a neg coming your way as soon as I've spread some around.

Be afraid.
Quote:
Oh I get it now... good shot. You fail at trolling though. Rule one of trolling is you must not let others see you're deliberately trying to troll.
Lol, the jig is up Mjau

"He who endures, conquers."
- Persius
-Valhalla- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #74
country flag Nekromanta
Banned!

Nekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond reputeNekromanta has a reputation beyond repute

The French still hunting Armstrong? n1... Everybody knows Armstrong is not clean but he is just too valuable for cycling, they're never gonna bust him, not even the French, that would give the finishing blow to their favourite sport, with all the sponsors withdrawing already and cycling turning into an underground cult of substance-abusers. He's just like the last standing bastion, the hero, who with the magical healing powers of CYCLING, overcame the deadly cancer, although he most likely got cancer from doping in the first place, they won't kill the magical golden-egg shitting chicken. Where will they do the testing when there's nowhere left to test. They will sacrifice anybody except Armstrong.
Nekromanta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 AM   #75
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
You're still skirting the actual question here. There's tonnes of hard evidence as well as circumstential evidence of systematic doping being widespread in Spain and Italy and the handling of these issues have been abysmal in Spain which has garnered sharp criticism from WADA and the UCI. There is no evidence at all of systematic doping in Sweden and Norway or even Denmark, none whatsoever.
I think I've talked about this more than enough, haven't I?

Systematic doping in those countries is simply not possible, simple as that. I see how you would grab that, defending something that can't be any other way is very tempting.

Yet, the first rider ever to test positive for EPO was from one of those countries (Bo Hamburger) who by the way did ride for a Danish team, so there's another point of yours dismantled. And the only Tour winner to admit to having doped is also from there. He is now the manager of the only UCI Pro Tour team from those countries, receiving tons of financial and logistic support from private and public institutions there. The last rider to be expelled from the Tour while wearing the yellow jersey due to doping-related issues is also from that country. The Cycling Federation from one of the other countries was fined and received sharp criticism by the UCI for hiding a positive from one of its riders and not sanctioning him. The best cyclist in active from the other country has recently tested positive.

Still, you manage to find an excuse for every one of these cases, most of the time with laughable and pathetic excuses, like "must have been an honest mistake", "Denmark isn't Scandinavia anyway" or "he was surely corrupted by the Italians".

Quote:
So what makes you say that Sweden and Norway are "no better" than Spain & Italy? It is indeed a truly baffling notion! You are nothing but a blind patriot shying away from the truth because it happens to be inconvenient. Shame on you, Har-Tru, shame on you! In chosing to ignore the problem you become a part of it. The first step to recovery is accepting that you have a problem. When will the spanish public finally realize that spanish sports is rotten to the core and demand change? Will that day ever come? I for one am sad to say, I doubt it.

I hope you have nightmares, you silly enabler!
About Sweden and Norway, see above.

About Spain and Italy, for the 78549259 time, I haven't even started talking about doping in those countries. One of the few things I've said has been criticising the irresponsibility and slowness of the Spanish doping legislation. I am hardly ignoring the problem, I know too well the extent of it.

And I'm sorry to tell you I sleep pretty well. You, however, are the one who should be having nightmares. I have seldom seen such an explosive mixture of hypocrisy, smugness, pettiness and lack of consequence. Bad-repping others (that's not very nice, by the way) for xenophobic comments that weren't such while having a dig at pretty much every moving country on earth except yours, with such hilarious stuff as "we honest northerners" and "we, shining beacon of light".